• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I would have normally visited Drayton, but haven't bothered yet this year as I do enjoy Stormforce and with that closed and the Rapids it does leave no water rides.

BPB always starts the season badly.
It is a fine northern tradition, watching the Revolution train being towed back into the station on a long rope on the first weekend.
The only lengthy closure was for a new braking system on the Mouse, everything else seemed to be running pretty well, pretty quickly.
Edit...oops, thought this was the BPB thread.
To get back on topic, I was going to take ex clients for a "Return to the Manor" camping trip, we used to meet up with a young client there, but when I advised of the closed rides, they want to go elsewhere...I might have to suffer camping at Mingo!

Drayton manor over the summer when I have visited due to having a season pass else I wouldn't visit as much as I do! It's been very busy tbh however storm force 10 was testing roughly a month or two ago which to what I believed was indicating it was going to reopen however it still hasn't! Pandemonium since May time of visits hasn't had anything done to it for what I believe. Not so long ago buffalo was shut for maintenance but reopened personally believe that will be next to leave the park. Pirates adventure has had the dummy of the pirate outside again around June time with a updated map. Of course I could be wrong but I don't think DMP have money issues but I don't feel they cater enough for everybody mainly families and kids not thrill seekers?

"The rides closed today are: StormForce 10, Pandemonium, Chairlift, Air Race and Splash Canyon."

Going next thursday, can't wait to get back to the park! Hoping to try G-Force, The haunding, and possibly Apocalypse and Shockwave, for the first time.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a bunch of cutbacks at Drayton now, I'd out money on Storm Force and Pandemonium staying closed all year.

From what I remember GForce isn't actually rough at all, just has awkward restraints. Shockwaves on the other hand does batter you quite a bit... XD

Shockwave on the other hand does batter you quite a bit
Shockwave turns it's riders into fish fingers!? :p:D
Being serious, i don't think i'll be doing Shockwave, but will decide on the day. I will definitely give G-Force a go, but will try the test seat first.

Last edited:
In terms of roughness, which is the better coaster, G-Force or Shockwave?

Shockwave turns it's riders into fish fingers!? :p:D
Being serious, i don't think i'll be doing Shockwave, but will decide on the day. I will definitely give G-Force a go, but will try the test seat first.

Like Lordy say's, I too find Shockwave rougher than G-force. G-force is nippy and those restraints (especially the rear ones) really do tighten so tight halfway around the track, that you may find it hard to breath.

Shockwave is acceptable provided you get the height right on the restraints. It's the lesser evil compared to G-Farce, which leaves me unable to breathe from the bottom of the first drop to the moment the restraints are released.

How does Shockwave's roughness compare to the Big One's?
I'm also thinking about Air Race. Which is more intense, that or Skyforce?

I would more compare Shockwave to be on the same par as Nemesis with roughness. There is no inversions on the Big One, so difficult to compare.

I found Air Race quiet tame compare to Skyforce, but then I was really going for it on Skyforce ;)

There's no comparison. Shockwave tracks better than a B&M standup. Give it a go!

Depends how good your Skyforce technique is! Air Race is great fun though, that's the main thing!

What do you mean by "tracks better"?

Never been on Skyforce; i wouldn't want to flip the car.

I managed to do Shockwave no handed first time on without getting too much of a battering.
I won a good bet for that one!
And I often do Skyforce without looping if I'm a bit "tummied" towards the end of the day.
Get in there skyscraper!
Apocalypse floorless standing is pretty cool as well.