• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Ive been told the channel where the dragons were has been filled in to. And if you look on the photo where the Dragon was on the one that moved side to side has been boarded up looking from the inside picture.

It will look abit out of place next season though if they keep the snow throughout next season, unless they have a idea of another walk through next season?

Eddie said:
Zak said:
From what I have heard Apocalypse is being re-themed to 'Dexter'

As in Dexter's Laboratory? Even though I'm in the minority here, I think that sounds like a really cool and exciting idea!. Let's face it, Most people who like Dexter's Lab or watched it during there Childhood would probably be in their Teens/Early Adults, and they would be old enough to ride Poccy.

Would like to see a Cartoon Network land at Drayton, Just as long as it's got both Classic and New Cartoon themed rides. :)
I remember Dexter.But apocalypse should stay as a stand alone ride, as it still wouldnt really fit in.

Still no details on the proposed 2014 coaster? I've had another look but I haven't found anything.

Has this been posted already?

Screamscape said:
Park News - (9/13/12) Drayton Manor will end the 2012 season “with a bang”, as they host two nights of fireworks on November 3rd and 4th. Each show will begin at 7pm and last about 20 minutes.

Sorry for double post!

Just got a text off a Drayton Manor worker I have no idea how true this is but ive been told next years attraction which was supposedly a flat ride has been scraped and the park are considering the removal of the zoo.

Like I said I have no idea how true this information is although as I mentioned before when I visited the park for a customer service talk they mentioned way back then (2/3 years ago now) they eventually want to get rid of the zoo.

Has the hotel really put them back that much budget wise?!

The zoo thing has come up a few times now, generally I think the park have freely admitted (please correct me if I'm wrong) that when the theme park runs out of room for expansion they will consider closing the zoo.

But I would say that's still some way down the line.

Not surprising really, the zoo is a bit horrid, I feel bad for the animals... Angry Monkey will forever be infamous...

JB1985 said:
sorry to bump but anyone heard / seen anything on the 2013 developments?

Yes, someone on CoasterForce had a meeting with management. Apparently Excalibur is being replaced with a Splash Battle (urgh) with the possibility of a thrill flat on the Black Revolver site, if they have the cash. :)

Oh, good news! Apart from the horrific queues I love Flamingo Land's on a nice day. Plenty of opportunity for nice theming too!

AstroDan said:
Splash Battle! ?!?!?!??

Apparently, according to the guy who runs Drayton Manor Plus.

G-force said:
next year is the refurb of excalibur as a splash battle and the possible new thrill ride for the black revolver site.

Presumably a Mack. Why is Mack's most popular ride also their worst?

A splash battle? meh.....seen it before.

Interested in the potential flat though?

Guess rumours of a 2013 coaster were wrong then. 2014 perhaps?

On a side note I have been to DMP twice this year, think the place is great atm. Reminds me of 2002/2003 when the place was really buzzing. Hope this continues!

I'm not sure I like Splash Battles, they only tend to work when it's sunny, and unlike a log flume or rapids, you get completely soaked. Then there's the fact that you spend ages waiting for them in summer as they tend to have poor capacity.

I'd of preferred a new rollercoaster, nothing massive, just something marketable.

From Screamscape:

Future Coaster Plans - Rumor - (11/12/12) According to a member of the RCCGB who toured Drayton Manor the other day, the park revealed to the group that their long term plans are to add a LIM launched coaster to the park next, followed by a wooden coaster as well. No timeline was given however.

It's not official, not exactly much to go on and rumours of a launch coaster and wooden coaster being added appear every so often but I still can't help but feel a little bit excited. Come on, Drayton Manor!

:p

Seeing as launched coasters aren't my strong point, which companies actually produce LIM launched coasters? The woodie could potentially be brilliant dependent on Drayton's budget. :)

Quite a few actually: Vekoma, Intamin, Gerstlauer, Premier Rides, Maurer Söhne, Zierer and MACK.

Edit: Hahaha, beaten to it! :p

Vekoma, Intamin, Gerstlauer, Premier Rides, Maurer Söhne, Zierer and MACK all make LIM/LSM coasters, according to the wiki page I'm on.

It probably wouldn't be a Vekoma and I don't think they'd probably want to go down the Maurer route again. Mack or Intamin would be great but I have a feeling they'd be too expensive for Drayton, so Premier and Gerst are the two most likely candidates if you ask me. I think Zierer would be a good third option but I think the launch coasters from Gerstlauer and Premier are more popular.

DMP was just on BBC One, happened to turn it on randomly and saw G-Force! Some property program if you want to iPlayer it later, 'To Buy Or Not To Buy'. The park featured all the way through, including an interview with the Fat Controller about Lichfield property prices. :)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2