• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Drayton are in desperate need of a new major coaster in my opinion. For me the park no longer has any appeal, there are no rides there that I particularly want to visit the park for; Apocalypse is good and I do like it but it's not enough to attract me back time and time again. I'll currently only go to Drayton if it is say part of an official meet, if it wasn't included as a meet next year I'd quite happily give it a miss for example. And this is coming from someone who has only ever been to the park 3 times (2004, 2011, 2012) so I'm sure it's not just an enthusiast issue.

As for what they get, well anything half decent will do as a half decent coaster would be better than their current offerings. A Mack mega coaster would obviously be brilliant but I don't realistically see this happening. I could however see them getting a Gerstlauer of some sorts, especially if SW7 is popular at Towers. A Gerstlauer launch or Eurofighter wouldn't be that expensive and would probably attract people to the park.

As for this person that toured the park and got told this information, I would really take it with a pinch of salt unless we have confirmation of the person and/or their position who gave them the information. Some people got a behind the scenes tour earlier in the year and were told "future plans" by the person giving them the tour, however this person appeared to be someone in the ride maintenance team who was just either making things up or going off rumours he had heard. For all we know this could be the case again.

:)

Screamscape has now been told some info which conflicts with what they released the other day:

Future Coaster Plans - Rumor - (11/13/12) While the launched coaster may be in the cards, I’ve heard from another source that despite what was told to the RCCGB, Drayton Manor has no serious plans to build a wooden coaster any time soon, unless something has really changed their minds lately. Maybe they’ve got their eye on what Rocky Mountain is doing with Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City. (That is not a rumor, just my own speculation…)

Haha, how I wish that last bit would actually be true! :p

These Screamscape rumours basically just appear to be the constant relaying of chit chat on forums. It seems to echo virtually everything Ian from CoasterForce has said on his message boards.

If they were to hold out for a rocky mountain woody it would be great! Its just what Drayton needs and it could easily compete with other coasters around the country and boost gate figures! Maybe we will see a Vekoma version of a woody hybrid, that could be a worlds first? (Getting a bit to excited here!)

Dave said:
everyone I know who has been on rip ride rocket say if the music doesn't play it's very dull.

The music fails to distract from the fact that it's one of the roughest steel coasters I've ever ridden. Probably the second roughest, after PMBO. And HRRR was built just 3 years ago. IMO it's down to the horrifically designed cars and restraints - the lapbar very uncomfortable and doesn't keep you in your seat properly.

I'd go so far as to say SAW is a better coaster than that particular Maurer (HRRR).

Quick question about Drayton Manor:

This page states they are open weekends in November & December, with 20 attractions open. Are these the big rides? I can't seem to locate a ride list, and as I visited once eight years ago now, I don't know what the lineup is any more.

No, it'll be Thomas land with Ben 10 and a couple of other family rides.

For anyone over the age of 10, the event is of no interest.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

248958_10151192755392669_1319195903_n.jpg

The Castle of Dreams from Drayton's Facebook. Looks like they've made quite a nice job of tarting the old towers up a bit :)

Just checked the line up.

Quoted from the website...

Please Note - During the Magical Christmas period the rides and attractions that will be operational are: Thomas Land, Dino Trail, Emily’s, Dodgem’s, Buccaneer, Carousel and the 4D Cinema. Additionally, Ben 10 Ultimate Mission and Spencer’s play area will open but this will be weather dependent.

Details

I don't think anyones quite sure whats happening with the park at the momment. This year (2012) we were supposed to see Scooby Doo move into The Haunting but this fell through and next year (2013) the last thing I heard was that the park were looking at getting one of these ''Air Race'' rides on the Black Revolver site. Someone took a photo the other week and there dosnt seem to be much ground movement there though so who knows. Personally looking at the ride though it dosnt look that complicated to install. Here's to hoping anyway! They look cool rides!

To be fair, them Air Race rides are quite small, so they probably don't require too much ground work.

I hope they keep Pirates Adventure.

Yeah they've turned the old scene into a lovely little setpiece it seems.

Good investment really - maybe I'll actually get to see the dragon working! If I go, that is ;).

That advert is so 90s though!

Some photos of a flooded Drayton Manor, from their Facebook page!

318908_10151201841777669_737980006_n.jpg

306034_10151201845742669_386867304_n.jpg

30963_10151201841697669_1298573047_n.jpg

395109_10151201841812669_576605295_n.jpg

598340_10151201845482669_2033916892_n.jpg

21759_10151201845527669_1471553411_n.jpg

68048_10151201845567669_963199608_n.jpg

534593_10151201845637669_950883230_n.jpg

"Here are some images from yesterday…

After some great work from our dedicated staff the Park re-opened today. We hope you all had a great visit. Thank you."

Looks quite bad! I wonder if it effected SF10? Good to see that the park posted some interesting photos though!

Can't really blame them for not opening after seeing that really! :p