• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

The Gadget Show episode which rated Apocalypse the UK's scariest ride has been uploaded (early 2009). Looking at their channel, they've been uploading every single episode from Season 1 since 2016, so it's taken a while to get to this episode, and watching the other episodes may give you a blast from the past; Youtube and Dailymotion being the "latest thing" on uploading videos being one.
Anyway, the guy really does get noticeably terrified on Apocalypse! Show's you what a great ride it is. Very fun to watch :)

The Gadget Show episode which rated Apocalypse the UK's scariest ride has been uploaded (early 2009). Looking at their channel, they've been uploading every single episode from Season 1 since 2016, so it's taken a while to get to this episode, and watching the other episodes may give you a blast from the past; Youtube and Dailymotion being the "latest thing" on uploading videos being one.
Anyway, the guy really does get noticeably terrified on Apocalypse! Show's you what a great ride it is. Very fun to watch :)

Thanks, I've been looking for that episode for longer than I can remember! :)
Irks me that they called Apoccalypse a roller coaster though. :mad:

Last edited:
@skyscraper Haha, yeah, I've always wanted to see the episode, remember trying to search for it around 2010, and I couldn't find it anywhere, was an interesting watch throughout nonetheless.
I agree with you, it's a bit annoying, but I guess his logic was, the ride involves cars which "go up and down on a track" :smile:.

A shame operations have been so bad. Interesting review overall. I don’t quite follow your review of G force, though.

Operations need to be better at the park. I think it is clear a lot of this is down to the investigation as the park have been so cautious as of late, double checking everything.
Another key factor that I think is as clear as day is the costs and indebtments related to the hotel. It’s a very nice 4 star hotel, but the costs for it are tremendous.

Drayton need to do a lot of things next season and take them as priority.
-Entire ride line up must be open from the start of the season
-Operations must improve from this drastically
-If Drayton are cleared, Splash Canyon MUST REOPEN. Splash Canyon was also one of the best and under appreciated highly themed rides back in its heyday too, bring it back to its former glory and return of those steam/water effects including the animatronic workmen.
-Pirate Adventure must be further assessed and seen to and a decision should be made (ideally to relaunch it further down the line)

I can’t understand neither why they have limited boats on stormforce 10
Now as then I watched it run last month there was big gaps in between each boat launch. Even the staff at the entrance said to guests joining the ride that it was roughly a 2hr queue. I remember joining it when it 1st opened In 1999 and the queue was all the way back to the splash Canyon entrance and I don’t think it was even a hour queue so it goes to show how many boats have been removed from the ride. The same was with the final years of the pirate adventure with the pumps on there last legs many boats were removed off the circuit so the queues were bigger than they should have been.
I loved the hotel and I tried to book for the night of my friends wedding and it was fully booked.
I wonder what the % of guests is as season or annual passes?

Currently at Drayton Manor and SF10 has broken down again. Guest are being evacuated from the trough before the main drop and from the last lift hill. I can’t believe how long it takes to evacuate! They also appear to be draining the water from the main trough just before the main drop. You can just about see it in the photos.
CE5606D2-CE6B-494D-B11B-F8D814FA69A0_zps1xj1hq7p.jpeg
B538DA98-5EC0-4C78-8751-B07292A94D4D_zps5wdhqgl5.jpeg

How do they evac boats in the trough before the main drop? Do they drain the water first?

There will still people in a boat up at the top when they were draining it. I assume that’s what they were doing anyway. There was water pouring out down to the ground just before the main drop. People were being turned away from the train while this was going on.

About a month ago I suggested creating a forum dedicated towards Drayton Manor. Well, I am now pleased to announce that due to the help of @DW_0505, @Matt N and @skyscraper, Drayton Talk will be coming very soon! I will announce on here when it is due to launch, in the mean time please watch the Twitter account. (and also follow it if you wouldn't mind ;))

https://draytontalk.co.uk / https://twitter.com/draytontalk
Can I be any help with the site/forum as I did co-own Drayton Manor Plus if any of you remember that site and I still got lots of photos from 2007 to the present day.

I would be only too happy to be a part of it, great idea! In the most humble way possible, I know a fair bit about the place and it’s shaped me as an enthusiast massively, I would happily offer knowledge and suggestions for content :)

Just a point regarding advertising your own websites on TowersStreet, it is something that we generally do not allow (apart from links in your own signature, advertise all you like there)! But this thread is for discussion about Drayton Manor and not any new sites that require advertising - sorry to be a spoilsport but it is in our Member Expectations!

Because I'm in a good mood I will leave the above posts, but if any future communications regarding the site could take place via PM that would be great.

Thanks!

:)

Yeah, not fishy in the slightest, probably trying to dream up a new technical term that means it was her own fault without actually saying so to avoid an outrage.