• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

How have Drayton Manor been allowed to show the new Star Wars film? I would have thought they might have payed money to whoever owns it now? Is it Disney?

Do you know if it is an actual track and not composed specifically for the park? If its not specific to the ride, I might be able to find it.

I worked out g-force had a throughput of less than 350 people per hour earlier as well. I wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't the only ride in the park I hasn't done that I wanted to (well, apart from apocalypse... Guess where I am now)
This is what I'm not sure about. It's honestly worth looking for though, it's one of the best ride soundtracks I've ever heard for a theme park ride. They got rid of it in 2012 but brought it back last week.

this is an interesting video. some of the stuff i don't agree with (such as Pirate Adventure re opening- we already know that it won't), and some of the stuff i do (such as them eventually getting a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster).

A member of Towers Times has posted some artist's impressions of some changes to the zoo they're making next year. I know there's something new in the zoo most years, but this looks more substantial than some of them. It seems to show a new penguin habitat and possibly a new enclosure for some kind of big cat.
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40859&start=3080

I think it's sensible for them to invest in the zoo, which has become somewhat dated. Whilst it's hard to judge too much from an artist's impression, it doesn't look like there'll be anything spectacular in terms of theming, but it definitely looks like a modernisation from what was there before. Compared to Chessington it still feels like they're holding back on the zoo. Nonetheless, there was talk at one stage of them phasing out the zoo, but that doesn't appear to be on the cards at the moment.

To me it looks a bit like they're doing what they need to, but not going all out with it. On one hand that holds back money for rides. On the other hand it's always good to see an attraction really go to town on something. But all in all it's definitely a positive development.

A member of Towers Times has posted some artist's impressions of some changes to the zoo they're making next year. I know there's something new in the zoo most years, but this looks more substantial than some of them. It seems to show a new penguin habitat and possibly a new enclosure for some kind of big cat.

I think it's sensible for them to invest in the zoo, which has become somewhat dated. Whilst it's hard to judge too much from an artist's impression, it doesn't look like there'll be anything spectacular in terms of theming, but it definitely looks like a modernisation from what was there before. Compared to Chessington it still feels like they're holding back on the zoo. Nonetheless, there was talk at one stage of them phasing out the zoo, but that doesn't appear to be on the cards at the moment.

To me it looks a bit like they're doing what they need to, but not going all out with it. On one hand that holds back money for rides. On the other hand it's always good to see an attraction really go to town on something. But all in all it's definitely a positive development.
If they are doing the Zoo up and adding new additions, thats great the thing is though, will they maintain it to a Chester Zoo or West Midlands Safari Park standard?

photos from the link:

B5166A1E-F1CD-459F-BA38-FACA82094791_zpsc3oxvmsc.jpg

5B304E26-8E09-4B7A-BCC6-3D6311CCB6FC_zpsygl0jkul.jpg

4316A797-0D1A-4FB2-8384-39A8C429E704_zps4zoebeey.jpg

A9667687-7871-4D94-AC67-046DCFD315EA_zpsuecwwezl.jpg

6D5541BF-EFF1-4185-84EC-6768BDCB2F38_zpsgq3fkijc.jpg

562B89E8-16BC-4166-9883-3529B192B3E6_zpspkceh0mc.jpg

515BDA6C-036A-4248-A836-6C1AF3B41C22_zpsocbqhmou.jpg

9202BA74-B056-45BF-9A06-94DDB37B07A8_zpspgcgg5gy.jpg

BF229289-D02D-4BDA-9CE1-2006735EAD10_zpsjkpgzelo.jpg

22D22CF3-F583-45B3-8FA0-44F5CC8C8668_zpsljp7sj6n.jpg

90F4C9C6-3003-4B11-B1DD-F54C237B47AE_zpsjpvkjmpb.jpg

My photos of flying dutchman from saturday:
WP_20161029_003_zpsqgpsxvmu.jpg

WP_20161029_002_zpsvf9fpls6.jpg

WP_20161029_004_zpstngvsbet.jpg

Is it just me who finds it strange that they've blocked the view of the site with a fence covered in photos of the ride? actually, seems like a very merlin thing to do, "no, you can't go on it, but here's a photo to look at instead so you can see what your missing"

Pandemonium in one piece still though. wouldn't be suprised if it was moved. Personally, I hope it reopens. its horrible, but it was my first inverting ride.

My photos of flying dutchman from saturday:
WP_20161029_003_zpsqgpsxvmu.jpg

WP_20161029_002_zpsvf9fpls6.jpg

WP_20161029_004_zpstngvsbet.jpg

Is it just me who finds it strange that they've blocked the view of the site with a fence covered in photos of the ride? actually, seems like a very merlin thing to do, "no, you can't go on it, but here's a photo to look at instead so you can see what your missing"

Pandemonium in one piece still though. wouldn't be suprised if it was moved. Personally, I hope it reopens. its horrible, but it was my first inverting ride.
i think the Flying Dutchman's photo-covered fence is an indication that it will be reopening, because why would put a fence covered in photos of itself if it was going to be removed?
to me, the ride looks slightly different in the photos to what it used to look like, so maybe it will re-open and the photos show what it will look like when it does?

Last edited:
How much has it cost to take it all down and carry out matinence then put it up again? Hardly worth it imo. Heard Drayton have had a rough year aswell.

How much has it cost to take it all down and carry out matinence then put it up again? Hardly worth it imo. Heard Drayton have had a rough year aswell.
Because it's a key family ride In a family park?...
where are you hearing this stuff? The ONLY people who will know whether the park has had a bad year or not will be management. Going by the amount of investment they putting into the place they can't be doing that bad.

Because it's a key family ride In a family park?...
where are you hearing this stuff? The ONLY people who will know whether the park has had a bad year or not will be management. Going by the amount of investment they putting into the place they can't be doing that bad.

Of course take that with a pinch of salt, I can't say the source for obvious reasons. Imo it isn't a key family ride, they've got the whole of Thomas land to make up for it anyways! Opens up area for development if they were to remove the buffalo surely...

Thomas land is for children, this ride is one everyone can enjoy and either way the park have stated it isn't going anywhere so this whole conversation is pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alton also said ripsaw wasn't going anywhere...
Difference being Ripsaw didn't have boards all around it with the actual ride all over them...
I don't understand why some people on this site are so difficult, it's pretty clear it isn't being removed yet some people will still try to prove something.

Alton also said ripsaw wasn't going anywhere...
Difference being Ripsaw didn't have boards all around it with the actual ride all over them...
I don't understand why some people on this site are so difficult, it's pretty clear it isn't being removed yet some people will still try to prove something.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, unfortunately- it needs a part replacing, but the manufacturer cant/won't replace it, so the park are closing it :(.

Isn't it Bear rides who built Pirates, along with Stormforce?

I find it hard to believe they'd give up on a ride due to a part needing to be replaced. I think it's much more than that.

Pirates ride system is from Mack. Excalibur was from bear rides. I imagine its needs major rehab work, and along with the theming also needing a major rehab the park have decided the investment level needed is better spent else where on new attractions. Which is a shame, I remember going on it as a young kid in the early 90's and thinking how amazing it was!