• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I’ve been out the loop for a long time … what was the reasoning behind the removal of gforce and apocalypse? Two huge thrill rides in their lineup removed from an already limited lineup.

Understandable if it was a maintenance issue but big losses nonetheless.

I’ve been out the loop for a long time … what was the reasoning behind the removal of gforce and apocalypse? Two huge thrill rides in their lineup removed from an already limited lineup.

The park wants to be aimed more at the younger family audience now and the new owners don't favor in thrill rides outside of shockwave.

In the recent Themepark world wide vlog. I'm sure the managing director stated it would be something thrill related, or along them lines. Make of that what you will.
That's it, they were telling all the vloggers at the press event that it will be a thrill ride. Time will tell though.

From what we know Gforce was a maintenance nightmare, it had a major problem and at the time the park couldn't afford to fix it. Apocalypse is seeming to be going to be replaced by another major attraction, it's also old and probably costs a fortune to maintain.

The Rapids accident was the final nail is the Bryan’s ownership which really started after the hotel open. They may have lasted to the 1st lockdown but in that time they only re-themed the golden nuggets ride.
You really only got to see what was removed and not replaced from 2012 to 2020
2012 Excalibur
2015 Pirate Adventure SNBO
2017 Rapids SNBO
2018 Big Wheel, Cable Cars
2020 G force

With really just Air race been added in 2014 in the main park the Bryan’s really put all there money and effort into Thomas land.

The looping group has really improved the park and they always improving the park and the events on offer.

With really just Air race been added in 2014 in the main park the Bryan’s really put all there money and effort into Thomas land.

The looping group has really improved the park and they always improving the park and the events on offer.
They also did Ben 10, admittedly that was a failed attempt to do another Thomas Land tho.

I went today, only for the second time ever. My previous visit was in 2019, and the park is definitely in a better place now compared to then (although that was a pretty low bar).

Adventure Cove and the Viking areas are really positive investments. The only downer is the Buffalo running on a single lap at even worse speeds than it managed 3 years ago, it's a shame they've invested such a small amount in this particular ride rather than going for a full overhaul or replacement. The Disk-o was great, I'd only ever done the little one in Nickelodeon Land and the full size is a way better ride.

Rapids manage to be really good fun while not really getting particularly wet, enjoyed them a lot.

I tried to get on Apocalype, fully expecting to not fit but it was now-or-never for trying. Unsurprisingly it didn't work out - but the staff were great about it, made an effort to show it was to do with my height and bulky shoulders blocking it from descending adequately, and to be honest there would be very little I could ever do about them; they'd still be there even with another 20kg lost. A bit of a shame but I'm still glad I tried it and experienced the rather unique station setup they have in there.

On the flipside, I did manage to fit in to Shockwave but to be honest I rather wish I hadn't. Not at all comfortable an experience! Once and never again. Let RMC do something with it.

Did The Haunting for the first time. It was alright I guess. The madhouse section did a rather worrying creak/vibration at one point which was probably the scariest bit.

Catering pricing is quite expensive but also a bit weird and inconsistent.

As a park to visit with kids under 10, I think Drayton Manor takes some beating. I look forward to seeing what they can do with the Apocalypse site.

Still not done Stormforce 10 so I will have to return.

The Disk-o was great, I'd only ever done the little one in Nickelodeon Land and the full size is a way better ride.

Personally I prefer the regular Disk-Os to the ones with the hump. They seem to have a bit more momentum and speed to them going from end to end as opposed to the ones with the hill the middle. I think Blackpool’s one is my favourite Disk-O that I’ve done actually.

They also did Ben 10, admittedly that was a failed attempt to do another Thomas Land tho.
Yeah that was in 2011 when the park peaked under the Bryan’s ownership as they added the Hotel, Coaster and the Blue mountain engines ride In Thomas land.

People saying Drayton has gone down the family thrill market but they always been like this.

Even when Pandemonium opened in 2004 that had a 1.2m tall height requirement (not sure when it was raised to 1.4) so really with G force and Maelstrom been 1.3m Shockwave and stand up/floorless on Apocalypse and to drive the dodgems 1.45m they really been a 1.2m tall or below theme park.

You only got to look at Alton Towers 1.2m coaster how good they are for a good example for what the park could install at the top of the park.

Today is Apocalypses last day folks. For anyone here that is going, have a great day and make the most of that amazing Drop Tower. If you wanna go on the Haunting, keep a sharp eye for some new things out and inside the house today ;)
With the fireworks on at 6pm and Vikings open to 7pm what time does the rides open to across the rest of the park?