• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

They didn't have to remove 2 thrill rides for a new coaster, they chose to...big difference.
They haven't been forced into the younger family market, it is a choice.

They didn't have to remove 2 thrill rides for a new coaster, they chose to...big difference.
They haven't been forced into the younger family market, it is a choice.
I do think they will install a sit down tower like they got at Pleasure wood hills or they could think about moving Venom from the Safari park to Drayton Manor.

If I recall correctly, Loopings only control the operations of PWH and WMSP, whereas they own Drayton Manor's assets (minus land, like the Merlin parks)?

That would mean Loopings would have to pay to relocate any ride from another park, they might as well buy a new one at that point as it would be marginally more valuable on the balance books and have a much longer operational life at the park.

On a sidenote, I hope there's more investment planned after the new coaster, Pirate's Adventure and Excalibur are prime real estate for development and would need significant capital to develop new attractions. You could probably fit something the scale of Avalon or Klugheim on that space which could massively develop Drayton's brand as a major player in the UK theme park industry, much more than just a new coaster could!

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but could we see an Intamin Hot Racer single-rail coaster for this addition? Intamin list the model as family-thrill for starters. Plus I believe it would be a European first and only the second overall. Big Dipper at Luna Park Sydney looks awesome, and a similar ride at Drayton would be a great fit! Pl

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but could we see an Intamin Hot Racer single-rail coaster for this addition? Intamin list the model as family-thrill for starters. Plus I believe it would be a European first and only the second overall. Big Dipper at Luna Park Sydney looks awesome, and a similar ride at Drayton would be a great fit! Pl

I've mentioned a Hotracer would be a great addition to Drayton. In regards to capacity, Intamin do offer a dueling model that's relatively compact, buts it's hard to guess what space they are working with as clearance work is still ongoing.

I've mentioned a Hotracer would be a great addition to Drayton. In regards to capacity, Intamin do offer a dueling model that's relatively compact, buts it's hard to guess what space they are working with as clearance work is still ongoing.
Good point, the duelling model has four 9-seater trains as well. Still pretty big though.

1682073787229.png

still think and would prefer a vekoma. Bang a clone of formula in there and I’ll be happy. I’m not sure the space would be big enough for something akin to lech coaster or even fønix, but again I’m not sure of specifics regarding the space available.

I can’t see the park going for something too unique or something that is a new design, it seems that there’s a trend with these kind of family orientated parks (such as Paulton’s and Emerald/Tayto) to go more for the tried and tested Vekoma’s or down the clone route.

Obviously it was under a different ownership and some time ago but I think the park got their fingers burnt with G-Force and it’s slightly unusual design. Interestingly it’s still for sale on Amusement Rides for €695,000.
https://www.amusement-rides.com/en/product/g-force-maurer

Last edited: