• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Really good to see this going up, now! Slightly deceptive view of it on the video, as it’s taken from what looks like the top of the banking between the superloo block and the function rooms, making it look somewhat buried! But it’s looking like it’s going to hug the terrain quite nicely. I’m dying for a better view of the site now! Where’s a drone when you need one?! Really trying to reign in my hope that Drayton has absolutely pulled it out of the bag here so I’m not disappointed!

Good grief, they're really going all out to get it built up.

It's like the tortoise and the hare if this coaster was the tortoise and Nemesis and Hyperia were both the hare as those two are near the end but have stopped and now this coaster is catching up with them now! :p

Good grief, they're really going all out to get it built up.

It's like the tortoise and the hare if this coaster was the tortoise and Nemesis and Hyperia were both the hare as those two are near the end but have stopped and now this coaster is catching up with them now! :p

How has Nemesis stopped? It literally just started testing….

To be fair vertical construction is the quickest bit and this is all low to the ground so it should be fairly easy to do.

From the above link

1705873970951.png

No photo description available.

1705873907826.png
1705873916545.png
1705873932263.png

From looking at those shots I think after departing the station it will pass the transfer and go up the lift much like a boomerang it will drop down the lift backwards (or forwards if it is a spinning coaster), travel around to the back of the site, where there will be the launch up into the taller element that’s in front of the toilet block before it travels all the way around the site again and around the toilet block into the break run.

Also I think the maintenance building is at the very back of the site behind the launch (where the bigger supports are and come to a dead end) you can see an area between these supports and the other run of bigger supports (which I think is the launch) where it looks like a transfer track would go

Last edited:
Having seen a clip of construction from this week my theory of the layout the other day is not correct as the lift hill following the transfer looks like it will be a normal lift hill (the supports level off at the top) and not a spike like on a boomerang coaster. What appears to be possibly be the first drop has been installed next to the lift leading into the part with larger two hills as seen in previous images.

The use of the switch track before the lift is certainly interesting. I have seen elsewhere that someone is predicting the following which certainly sounds plausible based on construction so far.

After the station you clime the lift hill, before dropping town and completing the two larger elements that where shown in previous photos, you then continue to travel around until arrive at the back of the site where the launch is expected to be. At this point there is another switch track (the footers here indicate this is possible (same section as what is expected to be the maintance shed) the switch track changes behind you and you launch backwards into the other lower section of track as seen in previous photos, which takes you back around to the switch by the lift hill, you will roll back partly up the lift before going forwards again and back over the track you just traveled backwards through before entering the launch track again for a final boost through the final part of the layout that travels around the back and side of the toilet block (this track is now also in place) and back into the break run.

Also their are foundations that run along either side of what is expected to be the launch section which could indicate this area could be placed in an indoor structure , allowing some kind of theming/story elements to play out for the backwards launch. Or could be forwards if it is indeed a spinning coaster.