• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Taken yesterday not much track left in the car park.
B8B6F4DA-9C44-445F-92F3-DFAE7D0A3D54.jpegED043EF9-6392-4E2A-8B9D-17236C7E845D.jpegB7DD24D0-8F9B-4CDE-8093-5840C9498308.jpeg
The motors were getting installed when I arrived so popped back over on the way out
EEB4866F-D7B9-41A4-9C3D-651A6C6030D4.jpeg6E176AF0-3A0C-418D-A1B8-493A682DA712.jpegC57CBC17-9EC6-417A-A3A9-CC9E1494D221.jpeg
To give u a idea how tall it will be
DC12950B-B2EE-40F8-8D4E-2D52308A13B6.jpeg
This coaster is looking great
7BA9DA94-8D9C-4B11-A1E8-BA6D9433F857.jpegADF43653-8B0A-40C4-BC04-25FA955F26D7.jpeg5769D949-1867-433D-9E18-D3F01C3DC20F.jpeg236E777C-7B6E-483F-A4DF-CB632A5B2DAD.jpeg74CCA738-96EB-43DD-BF65-7C60BF55A925.jpeg74D2900B-F1C4-4775-BB1A-2832D8D6E6A7.jpeg5E9505E7-8C6B-40BA-A1CA-C94CAD90182A.jpeg3614D7A0-3568-471B-A938-4E4736816CB7.jpeg3CE5AF2F-18FF-44E2-B792-78B30B2B763B.jpeg4A447B06-B792-4348-935C-26E08A98D713.jpegAB6375D1-3F1C-4DB5-9866-F0B42D018E01.jpeg3E28E262-437D-4F83-9695-0081D9FEF3E3.jpeg23989725-E41B-4A1A-A45B-F7DAC019DBF1.jpeg22B9D4EE-E5D8-464D-846D-D0EF5BD32936.jpegF89103D9-5594-45C0-8BCB-C22CD3A25C09.jpeg
Shockwave track hasn’t been touched yet
3CDA7993-D78C-40EE-A4A0-F37DF4399EB5.jpeg853FA148-0DCB-47A4-9019-07CF58BD5AA7.jpeg
Terence has been moved to its original home in Thomas land
56562169-97CC-42BC-BABA-9240A66CFE44.jpeg
And is ready for the Feb half term event.

More drone shots, RCS don't mess around!

From: https://twitter.com/AerialAmusement/status/1750913424542814320

Potential layout - unsure how this would work with the backwards thing? Unless it is spinning...

From: https://twitter.com/Rhysp_10/status/1750982335229567225

I think when they say about entering the station backwards, it would if it starts forwards but does the part of the track in red in that image twice.
Meaning that the train would leave the station forwards, go up the lift-hill then through the course up to the launch, where it will stop and likely be some sort of show scene while the switch tracks change position. Then launch backwards along the orange section of track back up the lift-hill and through the course again this time launching into the green section of track and to the brake run. The train would enter the station backwards and the next riders would start backwards and end forwards. This actually would line up with what has been said in interviews about the ride being different depending on when you ride it.
I'm more inclined to believe that instead of doing the red section twice, after the backwards launch the train will go part of the way up the lift-hill, then back down towards the launch and launch forwards through the remainder of the course, essentially making it a swing launch... possibly while spinning.

I think if it were to go through the red part twice the throughput would be pretty poor. We'll find out soon enough anyway, they're not hanging around with the construction, it's flying up.

Also, given that it will almost certainly be Gold Mine theme, could it be that they will re-use the name "Klondike Gold Mine"?

Last edited:
although I could be wrong, I doubt they will use the old name, I believe this is their biggest ever ride investment and would think they wouldn't want to reuse an old ride name.

It is looking like it will be a great family thrill coaster, certainly more so than I would have predicted a few years ago, where I would have said if they do get a new coaster would be something from Zamperla or the like, let alone going with an Intamin, that looks like will have a few tricks up is sleeve and not be just a generic family/thrill coaster. Will be interesting if it does have spinning trains, as if they are the controlled spinning trains (rather than free spinning), these would cost considerably more than just standard trains

For a lot of parent and grandparents the old name would give the ride additional meaning..."I rode the earlier version when I was your age..."
Looks fun, will put this on my new ride Britour this year.

The layout for this is looking a lot better than I’d expected; it looks as though there could be some really fun turns and airtime moments!

But surprised we haven't seen marketing on socials yet. This coaster is a big deal for the park and it's nearly February and we haven't heard much at all yet which surprises me.

Similar to the pre launch of ICON at Blackpool which I felt was handled abysmally.

But surprised we haven't seen marketing on socials yet. This coaster is a big deal for the park and it's nearly February and we haven't heard much at all yet which surprises me.

Similar to the pre launch of ICON at Blackpool which I felt was handled abysmally.
It’s almost certainly not going to open for the beginnings of the season in March, therefore market it now and people won’t visit in March/April they will wait for summer and the new ride. I wouldn’t expect anything official until a month or two before it opens.

It’s almost certainly not going to open for the beginnings of the season in March, therefore market it now and people won’t visit in March/April they will wait for summer and the new ride. I wouldn’t expect anything official until a month or two before it opens.
Will the rest of the area be opened though? It's a tricky one as they will want to show off the new themed area even if the coaster isn't open yet. I really hope they have it open for the May holidays as Easter may be too much of a push

I would think based on where construction is currently that will be aiming for May half term at the end of may. I would still expect it to be announced soon though they will want to push hotel and park bookings for the peak summer period. Announcing it before feb half term would be good so they can heavily promote it at the half term event, which for Staffordshire half term is in two weeks time. They could do a special return ticket to encourage visits in April and May, ie an online ticket with free return visit or a reduced return ticket option.

Do we even know if shockwave is being repainted? Could just get the new trains and new name.

What you got to remember the amount of negative posts they had after removing Pandemonium and Apocalypse they had to get this coaster and theme right so they gone with a big name and a world 1st ride and they know like they did with Adventure Cove and Vikings have a media event with YouTubes and there videos and review will decide if the coaster is a hit or not.
The looping group is moving away from the former park and they replaced/re-themed and named the older rides on the park.
With this new area the pictures taken from above I noticed that signage still hasn’t gone back on Drunken Barrels&Sheriff showdown and what looks like the entrance gates to the haunting have been removed.

Has anyone seen the prices online at the moment? Advanced tickets for August are £30.00pp

That seems very cheap!! Not that I am complaining :)

I wonder if they will ramp up once the new coaster is open!

£30 seems a fantastic price, especially considering their new investments! Hopefully they increase their F&B offering, I found that was the big outlier in my previous visit. And please please sort the zoo out, either give the animals adequate care or move them to a more suitable facility.

We were seeing teasers and marketing for a rebuild at Towers 18 months out.

I'm not talking about TV ads here. That I can understand. It doesn't cost too much to build interest on your own social channels though so I think this is a poor excuse. We've had next to nothing.

Blackpool did the same thing. They left it late and the opening of Icon was a damp squib.

We were seeing teasers and marketing for a rebuild at Towers 18 months out.

I'm not talking about TV ads here. That I can understand. It doesn't cost too much to build interest on your own social channels though so I think this is a poor excuse. We've had next to nothing.

Blackpool did the same thing. They left it late and the opening of Icon was a damp squib.
Other than Hyperion, this should be the biggest coaster news in the UK so you would have thought they would be drip-feeding content and teasers. The lack of official chat suggests to me it is going to be a summer opening and they are waiting until the Hyperion excitement dies down to start a marketing push. We need to remember that Drayton's marketing budget will be miniscule compared to what Merlin will spend pushing Hyperion.

Other than Hyperion, this should be the biggest coaster news in the UK so you would have thought they would be drip-feeding content and teasers. The lack of official chat suggests to me it is going to be a summer opening and they are waiting until the Hyperion excitement dies down to start a marketing push. We need to remember that Drayton's marketing budget will be miniscule compared to what Merlin will spend pushing Hyperion.
I don't think Thorpe Park and Drayton Manor are aiming at the same market.