• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Every visit the park has had another up date like they could have just done the Western street but there’s so much going on across the park.
The haunting new entrance
9A5EE9F9-5405-4B2B-B975-C85A36CAE983.jpeg
It’s kept the Halloween story line but think it needs some TLC as the building in a bad state and many things didn’t work.
The theatre itself looks an excellent re theme from the outside, queue line, pre show and where u collect your 3D glasses but the main building is empty except for a couple of Props. Love the new movie choice.F091E7E5-2B13-44E4-9206-84EA8759BDAC.jpeg3178E151-7CA2-4C6E-8159-DF888BD0BB42.jpegF8BBDBC2-3B7C-4727-9565-F4AB5420A7A4.jpeg
AD34A231-E26B-4296-8C0D-D3B9E971F394.jpeg
The street
9F042DDE-90C4-4CC0-92B0-1444DC50061B.jpeg
F7814469-8307-4A23-9045-7F1EF4322B71.jpeg
Where the area entrance sign will go
D81AA01F-F9F8-43B2-8ECC-549E4B65688E.jpeg
The former toy shop
AADACE35-66D5-42F3-B9B2-C9BB0DF27009.jpeg
They currently still working on the sweet shop.
Even Fun foods is been worked on
C68D3946-C8A0-4103-9794-A823D12DA0B0.jpeg
Even the Flying Dutchman building is currently been worked on
AACC67DE-D363-4536-8DDC-96AA5B88C3D3.jpegE8E8533D-9C79-4E8C-9619-E887CF8681F8.jpeg
The lockers have returned
606EB19F-BD11-4576-B74D-42E10811730F.jpeg
They also currently painting the Bounty operators building. Think it’s gonna be a busy 6 days for the park to get most of the work done for the start of the season.
So, just to confirm, the Thomas & Friends 4D Cinema is now the Drayton Manor Park & Zoo Falls Theatre Drayton Picture House? Or is it the Falls Theatre Drayton Picture House at Drayton Manor Park & Zoo?

It's all looking rather snazzy regardless.

I think that is actually 2 trains with 2 carriages each. The same as the ones movie park studio tour.
The underside of the train looks the same as those, so no it won't be spinning.
They would park two trains as close to each other with the same distance between each car. Therefore it's much more like that the train in that image is one 4-car train...

They would park two trains as close to each other with the same distance between each car. Therefore it's much more like that the train in that image is one 4-car train...
The train they did the pull through with had 2 carriages, just like the Movie Park Studio Tour trains. I know it was just a pull through and they may have wanted to use shorter trains to make it easier, but if that was the case surely the would have done it with just 1 carriage.
I could be wrong, but i'm still going with it being 2 trains with 2 carriages per train.

I was there on the passholder day, and there appeared to be identical coupling bars between each of the 4 carriages. Without any better information to discredit this, I am working under the assumption that it is one 4 car train. I hope it ends up as 2 trains however, as the capacity will be abysmal otherwise.

They won't have a transfer track and maintenance shed with a 3-way switch track if it just had the one train. It would have been easier to have it like any other coaster at Drayton are and just double up the station as a maintenance bay in the off-season...

The ride is also configurated with at least 3-4 block sections easily so will undoubtedly be a two-train service at the very least!

Last edited:
The other train could be still backstage or it hasn’t been delivered yet. That station is big enough for 24 guests trains. Drayton in the past run 3 trains on Klondike Gold Mine in its early years so this could even have 3 trains if it can safely run with 2 trains on the circuit at once.

The other train could be still backstage or it hasn’t been delivered yet. That station is big enough for 24 guests trains. Drayton in the past run 3 trains on Klondike Gold Mine in its early years so this could even have 3 trains if it can safely run with 2 trains on the circuit at once.

Doesn’t that depend on the circuit considering there’s some expectation it’ll go up the lift hill multiple times?

My assumption is 2 trains based on the theoretical layout of the ride. It won’t be possible for the 2nd train to leave until the 1st has cleared the lift hill for the final time. And maybe even the mid-course switch track needs to be cleared for blocking reasons. At that point there's only 10-20 seconds of ride left, making a 3rd train redundant. But it does allow the 2nd train to leave the station before the 1st has reached the final break run.

I can't see this type of layout achieving an amazing capacity, but for Drayton anything above 800 would be great.

Don't think the second train ever turned up. Was nearly 20 years ago mind.

Definitely was planned though. Never made it into operation.
From the 2005 press release:
The total ride time is about 50 seconds. With two single X-Cars or a tandem of two coupled X-Cars, the capacity of the ride is approx. 550 pph; two tandems double this to approx. 1100 pph. A third car can be used to allow passengers plenty of time to get on and off with the ride operating at full capacity. For the time being, the ride is operated with a tandem. The installation can also be extended, without increasing the space requirement, to a total track length of approx. 530 m.
I'm going to attempt to have my cake and eat it too, this time, because I am a goose, but I can see where the confusion comes from. 2 cars, which can be run separately (making two trains, even though it wouldn't be a train of cars... shhhhhh) or together (making a singular tandem train). An option to run 3 cars, or 4 (2 in tandem).

Yeah, ok. Not my finest moment. You're definitely right, I sort of, maybe, really, wasn't quite.