• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Dreamworld: General Discussion

Dreamworld are keeping Giant Drop but are losing the attached coaster. Sure MM could do the same, if inclined.

The difference between the two parks is that Tower of Terror is still a real cornerstone of DW, whereas Superman is just one of a bunch of coasters at MM.

Interesting, I did wonder if they might.

I suppose Magic Mountain could add more drop tower ride systems to the Superman tower if the coaster was to be removed, significantly improving capacity.

Completely forgot this Blue Fire extended version was a thing. Looks pretty cool. Shame the rest of the layout has a car park coaster feel.

Completely forgot this Blue Fire extended version was a thing. Looks pretty cool. Shame the rest of the layout has a car park coaster feel.
Also interesting to see the spinning seats in action, given they're coming to Icon at BPB next year. Capacity wll be affected though, considering the back car only has two seats instead of four.

I had not even noticed the rotating seats!

How odd that there are only 2 rotating seats, when a 4 person back to back version already exists

I had not even noticed the rotating seats!

How odd that there are only 2 rotating seats, when a 4 person back to back version already exists
Yeah it's strange. Hopefully BPB will go for the 4 seat version.

Theme park builds rollercoaster with £1.5million government cash meant for koala research

Dreamworld theme park was given $2.7million - about £1.5million - to spend on a koala research facility... but used it to build an high intensity rollercoaster instead

Theme park bosses who were given more than $2.7million (£1.5million) in government cash to build a koala research company "redirected" the money to erect a high-speed rollercoaster instead.

The move, which has angered environmentalists, was given the go-ahead by Queensland's tourism and innovation minister, Stirling Hinchcliffe.

He said the government gave the go-ahead for the repurposing, citing a need to bolster international and local tourism in the region due to the impact of coronavirus.

The funding was initially designated to Dreamworld on Australia's Gold Coast in 2019 to support the creation of a new state-of-the-art koala research facility.

It would have given guests a glimpse into scientific conservation methods.

The money instead went towards building the theme park's Steel Taipan rollercoaster.

Dreamworld's website described the ride as "Australia's only triple launch coaster with a top speed of 105km/h and a G-force of 3.8".

Gold Coast City Council councillor Hermann Vorster told Nine News: "I think the government has helped Dreamworld build a ride but the taxpayer has been taken for a ride and unfortunately the koalas have become short-changed too.

"I think it's ridiculous to be blaming covid on this decision.

"Koalas need our help yesterday, they need our help today and they'll always need our help tomorrow.

"The community should have had full transparency if the government changed their minds because maybe then people would change the government."

A Dreamworld spokeswoman said: "Dreamworld acknowledges and thanks the Queensland government for permission to repurpose the grant in question for the building of Steel Taipan; an attraction offering tremendous benefit to the rebuilding of the tourism industry and to employment in Queensland.

"Dreamworld is committed to conservation and makes meaningful change via the Dreamworld Wildlife Foundation, which has raised over $3.5 million for animal conservation and continues to fund important conservation projects in Australia and internationally."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/theme-park-builds-rollercoaster-15million-27602098

Absolutely appalling to be fair dreamworld is a very corrupt dirty park. I mean the park cut backs on health and safety has done enough damage as it is! They shouldn’t be receiving any money what so ever after numerous incidents and complete lack of care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the kettle on and settle in: Defunctland have made a 40-minute documentary on the history of The Wiggles dark ride at Dreamworld:

Wowzers. What a truly bizarre thing that was. The parts with no music, lights coming on too late, doors not working, animatronics not doing a lot, and TVs badly mounted on to the wall (so basically all of it) and the incredibly slow pacing is all really giving “backrooms” VIBES!