• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The more they take out the more this is my view....
Well, hey, they've pretty much only have 3 months left to finish the refurbishment, and the only scenes we've seen that will be fully ripped out is the Trommel Face and the Lab finale, only small elements of other scenes have been seen. So, no Column monster sighted, no Grand Hall Demon scattered on the floor, no large garden landscapes piled on top of each other carelessly, no Giant Spider lacking its legs, no Hearse in sight either. With 3 months of ripping out, the next 3 will probably be focusing on adding the new scenes. So, what we know is that the Trommel, Hall of Spiders, The Garden, and The Finale will be different next year, ESPECIALLY the final, but everything else SO FAR seems to still be on place and will probably be staying apart from the scenes mentioned from earlier.

A reasonable reason I think Merlin auctioned a majority of Bubbleworks props is so they would've had a lot more time implementing the new Gruffalo scenes into the ride. This isn't the case with Duel, so the project staff will have to rip out TONS of props, mechanics and entire scenes by hand, this would most likely be a lot more time consuming for the crew rather than Simple Auctioning a majority of the props around the same time the ride would shut permanently as Duel.

Last edited:
The older you get the more interesting the past becomes. They'll be like us one day....Reminiscing about the "good old days" at Alton Towers which will involve the long removed Smiler, Thirteen and the world of David Walliams

Has anyone told @Trooper Looper this before? The poor sod is barely out of nappies (I'm probably soon to be back in them within the next 2 decades) and the guy is practically reliving my childhood and adolescence years with his dedication to a ride he didn't know existed until a few years ago when I was actually there at the time!

I can imagine those "good old days" in 30 years time. I'll probably be a racist Daily Mail reader by then and an owner of a collection of beige jackets (@rob666 will either be a brain floating in a tank of brine, or possibly a cyborg).

"Remember when Towers used to have coasters that didn't have black painted track?" We'll say.

"How about that new purple bench they built in 2023? I'm glad it's getting re-slatted this year! What ever happened to Towers painting everything purple?"

"I long for the days when we changed Prime Minister every few weeks. Hasn't been the same since @Matt N declared himself as Supreme Ruler of the World in the late 20's."

Last edited:
Could I add that I have no intention of being a brain in brine or a cyborg, thinking about reading this topic for ever scares me greatly.
Involuntary euthanasia for the over eighties in my book...
Just leave me laid on the track at the bottom of the first drop on the Big One...I have suffered deep and often on the ride over the years, once more won't hurt on the way out.

With a ride like the original Haunted House you had to be there in that era to really appreciate it. These days it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of people go round dark rides looking at their phones, or simply aren't interested in a dark ride that doesn't look like a computer game.

I suppose the older generation need to keep to their stereotype of stereotyping the younger generation.

A well done good quality attraction will keep the attention of those willing to participate. If they'd rather be on their phones or take flash photos during it then either they'll never be invested.

Well, hey, they've pretty much only have 3 months left to finish the refurbishment, and the only scenes we've seen that will be fully ripped out is the Trommel Face and the Lab finale, only small elements of other scenes have been seen. So, no Column monster sighted, no Grand Hall Demon scattered on the floor, no large garden landscapes piled on top of each other carelessly, no Giant Spider lacking its legs, no Hearse in sight either. With 3 months of ripping out, the next 3 will probably be focusing on adding the new scenes. So, what we know is that the Trommel, Hall of Spiders, The Garden, and The Finale will be different next year, ESPECIALLY the final, but everything else SO FAR seems to still be on place and will probably be staying apart from the scenes mentioned from earlier.

A reasonable reason I think Merlin auctioned a majority of Bubbleworks props is so they would've had a lot more time implementing the new Gruffalo scenes into the ride. This isn't the case with Duel, so the project staff will have to rip out TONS of props, mechanics and entire scenes by hand, this would most likely be a lot more time consuming for the crew rather than Simple Auctioning a majority of the props around the same time the ride would shut permanently as Duel.
Don't forget that this being a dark ride, there is lots of scope to hide things that don't need removing. So unless they are changing it so radically that it requires a near empty warehouse to start again, a lot of the mechanics for the old and existing props could be left in place and moved out of sight if they are not interfering with the new setup. That could be why we may not be seeing as much as we expected being ripped out. Or they have dismantled a lot more and its all still inside the building. We'll never know!

I suppose the older generation need to keep to their stereotype of stereotyping the younger generation.

A well done good quality attraction will keep the attention of those willing to participate. If they'd rather be on their phones or take flash photos during it then either they'll never be invested.
When Rise of the Resistance first opened, basically everyone was taking pictures using their phones, even people 'willing to participate'.

From: https://www.instagram.com/p/CkwX3L0tJjF/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=633A2661-E2C7-432B-9F4B-BFA743516FF4

Already on Enterprise's Forum, but thought to put this here so it won't steer away on Enterprise's thread.

Really shows you how much just leaving the greenery and trees grow over time have hidden the warehouse compared to how it looked in its early years.

Ooh, seems like the gate by the facade is open, could we potentially see activity around Dave soon?

Also, R.I.P Trommel jaw by the red skip on the 2nd picture

Attachments

• 8aa56bb488ac11b48ea686c91e0aa378.jpg
    8aa56bb488ac11b48ea686c91e0aa378.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 42
Not sure you should be over the airspace anyway unless you have permission. The angle of the pictures shows that the images were taken from within/over the park. I don't think Towers allow it, last time I heard. Could be wrong though.

I guess it depends how good the camera on the drone is, could be good distance away
I can see that this is going off topic but as I do not have Instagram, does it say anywhere what drone the person is using? 🤔

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.