• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Duel: The Haunted House Actually Strikes Back - Refurb Incoming

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
What I intended with that light hearted joke is it's become a point of contention with so many people (fans, managers, etc) each having differing ideas of what the ride is / was or should be, that it's become a debate instead of a source of entertainment and has been changed over and over again without solving the issues

Of course people have a strong affection for it, I mean I've spent about half my life researching it (no regrets!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it the real John Wardley who commented on this thread not so long ago? I wasn't quite sure if it was some fanboy messing with us.

If it was him.....I wonder if the rumours are true and he's been consulted about changing Duel? It would kind of make sense to gage the opinion of enthusiasts if he has.

Haunted House V2 (version 2023) would be brilliant. Let's hope Merlin give him a decent budget if it's true.

Was it the real John Wardley who commented on this thread not so long ago? I wasn't quite sure if it was some fanboy messing with us.

If it was him.....I wonder if the rumours are true and he's been consulted about changing Duel? It would kind of make sense to gage the opinion of enthusiasts if he has.

Haunted House V2 (version 2023) would be brilliant. Let's hope Merlin give him a decent budget if it's true.
If it actually was him and used those 5 unused ideas that were never implemented, would that mean most of the old scenes excluding the zombie finale would be staying in the HH 2.0, and those 5 new scares would be scattered around the ride?

Why would a corporation gauge the opinion of 0.1% of the average attendance? You'd more gauge creatives, operations and financial, with a KPI potentially after the current ride to gauge the wider public opinion

Why would a corporation gauge the opinion of 0.1% of the average attendance? You'd more gauge creatives, operations and financial, with a KPI potentially after the current ride to gauge the wider public opinion
I think you'll be surprised how many people love The Haunted House Back when it was open. It definitely doesn't make up the majority of the attendance, but maybe 10-15% percent perhaps? 0.1% seems pretty low.

I think you'll be surprised how many people love The Haunted House Back when it was open. It definitely doesn't make up the majority of the attendance, but maybe 10-15% percent perhaps? 0.1% seems pretty low.
The problem is, even if some non-enthusiasts have positive memories of the Haunted House (and I’m not sure the percentage is that high at all at this point), I’m not sure that they’d care enough about it to be that enthralled with it returning. From what I can tell, the general guest doesn’t have overly strong feelings about the HH returning, even if they have positive memories of it from when it operated; I think most people outside of enthusiast circles are quite apathetic towards closed attractions.

Besides, I think you’d be surprised by how many people like Duel. Many people I speak to like the interactivity element and like the guns, so any move to bring back the HH also risks making that crowd unhappy, which might well dissatisfy more people than it would satisfy.

The problem is, even if some non-enthusiasts have positive memories of the Haunted House (and I’m not sure the percentage is that high at all at this point), I’m not sure that they’d care enough about it to be that enthralled with it returning. From what I can tell, the general guest doesn’t have overly strong feelings about the HH returning, even if they have positive memories of it from when it operated; I think most people outside of enthusiast circles are quite apathetic towards closed attractions.

Besides, I think you’d be surprised by how many people like Duel. Many people I speak to like the interactivity element and like the guns, so any move to bring back the HH also risks making that crowd unhappy, which might well dissatisfy more people than it would satisfy.
The only reason why Duel is very popular to the GP is because of its Blasters.

Talk about of its popularity, as of now speaking, Duel has a longer queue than Nemesis and Galactica.

That’s what I was getting at. I think a surprising number of people like the interactivity feature, and a revival of the HH might risk alienating that crowd.
Very true, but I think the removal of the blasters, and making it up for a much higher quality experience will make Guests more than happy with the changes.

Last edited:
If there were just going to do a refurb of systems and effects, could we see Garmendale being used again with one of their ride systems given how successful (I presume) they were with Gangsta Granny? Looking on their website, they have various types most of which you could see being used in a space like Duel.

Honestly as much as I love spooky themes I would love a Mystery Mystic Manor style ride.

Last edited:
Nothing much mate, just spoke about the effects not working and the exit corridors carpet in a state. Then went on to say that he used to work there and knows that if they let something rot its probably having something done to it. Spoke about the possibility of a ghostbusters IP but hopes it returns to the Haunted House.

Christ must be a slow news month.

I am not saying he isn’t right but this is scraping the barrel a bit to get views.

I’m gonna put it out there. In 30 years time Oblivion will be gone as it’s now starting to rot.

Jesus…….

IF something is happening, and logically it’s likely to be up for review soon anyway. I see the ride system staying and just a refurb of what is there, maybe with a replaced scene or two

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.