• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Duel: The Haunted House Actually Strikes Back - Refurb Incoming

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’m calling it…we’ll be seeing a Love Island poster in there tomorrow.
Would be the best improvement to the theming in years :tearsofjoy: In terms of the Lizard I highly doubt it means anything, otherwise we are going to end up with a lizard themed dark ride.

Well today I finally got see what all the stories about Duel's condition was like. Seeing it all in the flesh it was...interesting to say the least.

Most of the props seemed to be working from what I can see yet the lighting and effects which exposed the supports, brackets and that was dreadful! I can see why there has been much said about that and honestly it only helps once you see it in the flesh as just from seeing photos and videos online.

Yeah, overhaul is needed.

Duel: Toyland tours revenge.
After been locked away for 18 years the toys are back and want there revenge.
If anything, they'd want to cut open Charlie's guts open, not if the those in the AT dungeons got to him first! :p

Duel was not open for Christmas last year, the Lightopia trail runs right up to Duel and makes access for those not experiencing Lightopia logistically tricky.

My guess would be that if Duel is having a revamp for 2023 of any significance it will close after the summer holidays to give them 6 months to get things done, similar to what they did with Bubbleworks.

Duel was not open for Christmas last year, the Lightopia trail runs right up to Duel and makes access for those not experiencing Lightopia logistically tricky.

My guess would be that if Duel is having a revamp for 2023 of any significance it will close after the summer holidays to give them 6 months to get things done, similar to what they did with Bubbleworks.
That's a good point, but would also depend on whether Hex is open for Scarefest and Fireworks.

On TPWs latest AT vlog, he stated that where Emily was in the dolls house had a blue screen of death. Now its just switched off sadly. Does this mean that we've permanently lost the remaining footage of the Emily Alton Peppers Ghost effect now?

Probably not. It would be somewhat odd if at this point the only copy of that footage was in the attraction itself.
After thinking about it, you're probably right. I wouldn't be surprised if British Theme Park Archive has a copy, as I believe he also owns a copy of footage of Sir Henry Alton in the fireplace, played by Good old Keith Sparks himself.

Last edited:
With discussion starting in the Nemesis thread about Duel’s anticipated work beginning soon, I thought I’d restart discussion in this thread.

So, what does everyone think might be happening?

Personally, I’m doubtful that the HH will be returning. I think this would have quite limited appeal outside of enthusiast circles, and as I’ve said before, I feel like even enthusiasts would be disappointed if a move like this wasn’t built to be exactly like 1992. Part of me thinks that the HH returning rumours might just be momentum generated from enthusiasts expressing their wishes en masse rather than something that’s actually rumoured to happen (I know how easy that is… I certainly haven’t been infallible in that department in the past), but I’m open to surprises and will happily be proven wrong.

Given the anticipated 2023 reopening, I’m anticipating some kind of retheme.

I also don’t think HH will be returning either. Re marketing rides of the past in today’s world would probably not work.

I just hope we don’t get an IP. My ideal scenario is for a retheme into “The Alton Manor” or something similar, which plays on the history of the area and is kitted out to be a theatrical experience rather than something resembling Curry’s TV display.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.