• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Duel: The Haunted House Actually Strikes Back - Refurb Incoming

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'd say when Merlin do a big investment it's usually to a good quality at towers. most notably and relevant to the current discussion is Wicker Man which I think is a very well themed, full package, well designed ride. The trouble usually is the low budget investments are two low budget, things like David Walliams probably needed another few million quid to make it really good.

Let’s hope it gets the love and passion injected in to it that it so desperately deserves…

I do wonder if this will close earlier than the end of season or if this will all happen over the closed season into next season. I hope they don’t suddenly close it quietly like Gardaland did with Ramses.

Let’s hope it gets the love and passion injected in to it that it so desperately deserves…

I do wonder if this will close earlier than the end of season or if this will all happen over the closed season into next season. I hope they don’t suddenly close it quietly like Gardaland did with Ramses.
Well I'm more than curious that it could have some quick TLC given to it for scarefest, as ATs Twitter has announced 3 new attractions for Scarefests 25th anniversary.

Lets hope this Ride doesn't get the same treatment Bubbleworks got when it closed in 2016.

Visited on Friday with some friends from Norway - oh boy. Not a single effect working in the queue line aside from the rocking horse and the illuminated paintings they added a few years back now. Dolls house shut, fireplace not working (though it was a blessing that at least the dvd logo wasn’t bouncing about in there) even the book with it’s turning pages was completely lifeless! I was explaining to my group that it’s in a very sorry state of affairs when a man in front turned and loudly and proudly claimed it won’t be open beyond the next two weeks, for refurbishment. Obviously I’ve no idea of this guys source, he could have been plucking facts out of thin air for all I know. One more thing I noticed was that on the dining table on the way in a selection of various mouldy cheeses were placed there. They weren’t there a few weeks ago. Which cheese loving member of staff decided to drop those off as props?!

Visited on Friday with some friends from Norway - oh boy. Not a single effect working in the queue line aside from the rocking horse and the illuminated paintings they added a few years back now. Dolls house shut, fireplace not working (though it was a blessing that at least the dvd logo wasn’t bouncing about in there) even the book with it’s turning pages was completely lifeless! I was explaining to my group that it’s in a very sorry state of affairs when a man in front turned and loudly and proudly claimed it won’t be open beyond the next two weeks, for refurbishment. Obviously I’ve no idea of this guys source, he could have been plucking facts out of thin air for all I know. One more thing I noticed was that on the dining table on the way in a selection of various mouldy cheeses were placed there. They weren’t there a few weeks ago. Which cheese loving member of staff decided to drop those off as props?!
I'm guessing if he's right, they're getting it ready for scarefest with a good quick refurb. I assume that they the fire effect isn't broken, only turned off, meaning they're probably waiting to fix it.

It would more easy for them to bring back the HH as its lots scariest than Duel, it'll be quite easy outside if trading down the lab finale, it's feasible and possible. It'll suit Scarefest a lot more than Duel.

Wrote by Sir Henry Alton himself??? It'd make sense, so the house and scenery is probably staying, but the blaster aspect is leaving!!! Those rumours of JW being partly involved with this becomes more believable every new piece of evidence that's revealed.

There should be a rule on here that making it mandatory to state your source or provide a link if you post something like that, us enthusiasts can’t take the not knowing!

But seriously though, now the wait begins to find out what exactly Merlin will be doing with it and whether it will be a nice re-theming or just slapping some screens in there.

There should be a rule on here that making it mandatory to state your source or provide a link if you post something like that.
There is.
Member expectations:
'you should ensure that any images that you upload to TowersStreet are either your own, or you have full permission to do so. If this doesn’t apply, please link to the image/website with credit. Any image uploads should also be suitable for all (including uploads within the Courtyard Tavern). The team reserves the right to remove any image uploads hosted on the TowersStreet server.'

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.