• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Duel: The Haunted House Actually Strikes Back - Refurb Incoming

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
On a separate note; I wonder what that area will look like tomorrow? Will the park have gone all guns blazing with closing off the area and putting fences and teasers up? Or will they literally just close Duel and Spooks’R’Us and just have a very empty Gloomy Wood?

What specifically is giving you a bad feeling?
I wouldn’t like to speak on behalf of @Trooper Looper, but I get the impression that they’re not overly fond of John Burton’s work, so I can understand that they might be concerned about what John is going to do to Duel.

Correct me if I’m wrong there, @Trooper Looper.

I myself actually have a really good feeling about this project. I think we could be in for something really quite special here!
EDIT: I might as well mention @Danscott22 here too, as they asked a similar question to @AT86.

I feel a little sad, as Duel used to be one of my favourite rides on park. It has become a shadow of its former self, but it was still a must do everytime. I had my last ride on it when we didn't know it was closing, so that adds to the sadness. Onwards and upwards though!

I feel a little sad, as Duel used to be one of my favourite rides on park. It has become a shadow of its former self, but it was still a must do everytime. I had my last ride on it when we didn't know it was closing, so that adds to the sadness. Onwards and upwards though!
Yeah it's going to feel really strange when I go to Scarefest, especially if Hex is still closed too.

It really wasn't a must do on every visit!
It became nothing more than a nice sit down and rest in the dark.
Being put down was the best thing, and was long overdue.

To explain to those why I feel a little anxious about this now, I'm not sure why, but the picture of him leaning kn the logo and the text reading 'This is my house', all I can imagine is "This ride is mine now! You better like it or not!" Reminding me that a very similar people in CWOA thought that Replacing Bubbleworks for a cheap IP was a good idea.

Obviously this isn't true, but this gives me the impres we'll be seeing a major Piraten In Batavia level of change, which I'm really hoping it only applies for the Zombie scenes or minor HH scenes. Piraten in Batavias major change was valid, IT BURNT DOWN. But the HH is pretty much intact, and I'll shed a tear If they're ripped out for a different scene for the sake of change. Yes get rid of the Zombie sections, they suck and are incredibly tacky, but the original 92 set pieces are so near yet so close to being a really fantastic group of scenes.

I really want the ride to retain a lot of its original set pieces and props. I love simple effects and old school rides that are unique, I feel that the HH sets apply to that too, so I'm hoping that John Burton thinks carefully and leave those scenes intact outside of a good deal of DLC to make those scenes as scary and atmospheric as they were back when they originally opened.

To explain to those why I feel a little anxious about this now, I'm not sure why, but the picture of him leaning kn the logo and the text reading 'This is my house', all I can imagine is "This ride is mine now! You better like it or not!" Reminding me that a very similar people in CWOA thought that Replacing Bubbleworks for a cheap IP was a good idea.

Obviously this isn't true, but this gives me the impres we'll be seeing a major Piraten In Batavia level of change, which I'm really hoping it only applies for the Zombie scenes or minor HH scenes. Piraten in Batavias major change was valid, IT BURNT DOWN. But the HH is pretty much intact, and I'll shed a tear If they're ripped out for a different scene for the sake of change. Yes get rid of the Zombie sections, they suck and are incredibly tacky, but the original 92 set pieces are so near yet so close to being a really fantastic group of scenes.

I really want the ride to retain a lot of its original set pieces and props. I love simple effects and old school rides that are unique, I feel that the HH sets apply to that too, so I'm hoping that John Burton thinks carefully and leave those scenes intact outside of a good deal of DLC to make those scenes as scary and atmospheric as they were back when they originally opened.
I think you're reading too much into the quote though, all that does is link with the old HH.

And like that...the Duel ends on a whimper.

Bit of an anticlimax with nothing to indicate that this was a farewell day. Then again Towers don't do farewells for rides with Corkscrew and Black Hole being exceptions.

And to add to the concerns of @Trooper Looper about how he feels worried after seeing that tweet, maybe we just how we view something on social media which honestly for all of us has been something we've all had our own stories about reading something differently about it and this tweet by John the second (yeah, feel like calling him that or JB :p ) is no exception.

BTW, didn't he actually went into great detail with JW about various things for what to do for the park in which I'd assume Duel was one of them? Also, wasn't it also said that he rode the HH as a youngster which honestly he should know how important the ride is to many.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what will be included in this overhaul and now comes the excruciating part for any enthusiast is the waiting to see what happens next and it isn't even the closed season yet.

Im very aware its just me thinking like that and overreacting, but i still hope the refurbishment contains a lot of old elements, while adding new elements here and there.

They better fix that Trommel...

Does this mean this thread is gonna be renamed, or closed?

I have a feeling the indoor queue outside of minor details and the route will be retained, as the windows in the drawing room, specifically the one you walk past where you can lean on it, back in May its curtains were closed, and behind, its lower half was covered in a cheap plank of wood, supposedly since the window was vandalised, now its back open, and the window is fixed.

Ride host said Duel wasn't going anywhere when I said bye bye Duel so I fully expect it open tomorrow as these guys are probably more reliable than internet rumours
Probably teasing you and means that the ride system isn't going anywhere.
JB's post of him standing out side Duel with the caption "it's my house now" essentially confirms that it is closing.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.