• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

It's all happening at Efteling right now - the park have recently shared a video of the rethemed Mack tea cups, now called Sirocco:

Unfortunately for fans of extreme spinning it looks like the new vehicles are still very bulky which probably means they'll be extremely hard to get going.

If I remember rightly, Monsieur Cannibale had an automatic spin, the centre disk was purely to hold on to. I suspect Sirocco will be the same

It's all happening at Efteling right now - the park have recently shared a video of the rethemed Mack tea cups, now called Sirocco:

Unfortunately for fans of extreme spinning it looks like the new vehicles are still very bulky which probably means they'll be extremely hard to get going.

I like the theming of that - do we know if the music is the official ride music or just a soundtrack for the trailer?

I reckon you and I could get a good spin going - it's all about picking the right car!

Efteling have revealed details of the new Efteling Grand Hotel which is set to open in 2024.

egh-blog-650x370.jpg

grand-hotel-logo-650x370.jpg

Efteling said:
Efteling reveals sketch, name and details of the new hotel!

After the summer, construction will start on the largest hotel in the World of Efteling, which is expected to open in 2024.

Efteling Grand Hotel will be grand and inviting

The largest hotel in the world of Efteling will be named Efteling Grand Hotel. The imposing 7-storey building has a grand appearance with a 106 meter wide facade. The open architecture with references to the rich history of the Efteling makes it recognizable and inviting. One of the eye-catchers is the gigantic clock with pendulum, high in the green oxidized copper roof with 7 towers. The striking glass conservatory has a classic design and is spread over 2 floors. The green square between the main entrance and the new hotel is a pleasant stopping place for hotel guests and park visitors. The 9 meters high and 16 meters wide arcade arch, through which visitors will soon walk into the park, will provide an impressive entrance.

Magnificent view

The Efteling Grand Hotel is located behind the main entrance of the park, with a view of the Aquanura water show and the Fairytale Forest. “This imposing and unique addition is located in perhaps the most central place in the World of Efteling. In line with our area vision, the entire area around the new hotel is being tackled. We have been inspired by elements from the history of the park and by Scandinavian port cities. In terms of design, this hotel fits in with other characteristic buildings in the Efteling, but has its own character due to its form and function. Nature, greenery and water are the connecting factor. Hotel guests, but also visitors to the amusement park, will soon be able to discover the wonderful surroundings of this new stopping place from early until late," says Sander de Bruijn, chief designer of the new hotel.

Stay with a view of Aquanura and the Fairytale Forest

The new hotel will have 7 floors, 143 rooms and approximately 700 beds. This brings the total number of beds within the World of Efteling to almost 3900. The Efteling Grand Hotel will be the largest hotel within the World of Efteling and the very first hotel in the park. Overnight guests can walk straight into the Efteling after breakfast and just as easily return to their hotel room. After a day at Efteling, it is wonderful to relax in the spa or enjoy a dip in the swimming pool with the whole family. You don't have to walk far for a tasty snack or drink. There will soon be 2 restaurants, one on the ground floor and one on the first floor, with seating inside, in the conservatory and on the terrace with a view of the Aquanura water show. There will also be 2 souvenir shops in the hotel with a total area of more than 450 m2! The shops and restaurants are accessible to both hotel and park visitors.

Preparations are currently being made. Construction of the new hotel will start after the summer. The Efteling Grand Hotel is expected to open in 2024.
Looking very nice indeed!

(Note: This product marking Efteling's 70th anniversary was actually included, funnily enough, in an Efteling blog post about their 70th anniversary merchandise that I hadn't seen published in March. Whoops-e-doodle.)

Loopings has reported that Efteling now has its own Wasgij Puzzle.
Efteling is launching a jigsaw puzzle with an element of surprise. In collaboration with the Wasgij company, a puzzle was developed in which it is precisely not the intention to place the image on the box. Instead, puzzlers should use their imaginations.

The thousand-piece Efteling variant is available from this weekend for 20 euros at the park shops Efteldingen, In den Ouden Marskramer and Jokies Wereld. The puzzle is also offered at Efteling Wonderland on the Speelweide. From 14 May, the product will also be available in toy stores outside the Efteling.

0508wasgij.jpg

Last edited:
Efteling has just published a teaser trailer for their 2024 attraction, Spookslot's replacement, Danse Macabre!

I'm a big fan of the cat.

Looopings has published an article detailing more information. Here are some translated excerpts. Please look at the article itself for concept art.

Danse Macabre, as the 25 million euro addition will be called, will be an eerie experience in the spirit of the Spookslot. One design shows a horrifying graveyard with some mysterious inhabitants.
The attraction type, with a capacity of 1250 people per hour, will remain a secret for a while. Verheij has already let go of the fact that Danse Macabre is suitable for children aged 8 and older.
It was considered to leave the original facade of the Spookslot, but the building turned out to be in too bad a technical condition. That is why a completely new attraction building of 20 meters high is being built. The location is moving a bit towards the Pardoes Promenade. It is expected that the entrance will soon be on the other side than it is now, on the side of the whitewater course Piraña. Danse Macabre will be part of a new spooky themed area of 17,000 square meters, which will also include space for souvenirs, catering and entertainment. The building site is located in the middle of the park, so visitors will be constantly confronted with it for years to come. Efteling wants to limit nuisance as much as possible by completing the entire project in one go in 2024.

Oh and Efteling also uploaded this yesterday, English subtitles are included.

(Why do I always see big announcements like these whilst en route to work? 😏)

Last edited:
I’m sensing a mini mystery castle could be on the cards here, or a new take on the old Pandora’s Box concept that was originally planned for Symbolica. I’ll be visiting at the end of the month so I’ll be able to take one last walk through Spookslot

Nice to see they'll be paying tribute to Spookslot with the new ride.

Spookslot was the first attraction I ever went on/watched when I first visited the park. It certainly gave a great first impression as to how quirky and unique the park is.

Oh wow, those pins are beautiful!

They also recently released a 3 ride pin set I don't think I shared that're also on a limited release. I'm not entirely sure why they chose the Lavenlaar Monorail Snail or the Pedal Train to go with Symbolica but ah well.

650x370-overzicht-voertuigen.jpg

While Efteling are remaining tight lipped regarding their Spookslot replacement, I have been in the park this week and you can really see the ride is creeping towards it’s closure. Some elements have been boarded up already on the exterior (for example the windows adjacent to the rides exit)

However, the exciting news is I spotted park staff in suits and Hi Vis jackets surveying the woodland and show building this afternoon, one of whom appeared to have a hi vis bearing an Intamin logo. This combined with the already revealed information of a 20m building, and a reasonably high hourly capacity, has led me to do some digging and I came across this product :

This would work with physical sets, fits the bill for what they have already described, and would be a great family thrill attraction for the park !

While Efteling are remaining tight lipped regarding their Spookslot replacement, I have been in the park this week and you can really see the ride is creeping towards it’s closure. Some elements have been boarded up already on the exterior (for example the windows adjacent to the rides exit)

However, the exciting news is I spotted park staff in suits and Hi Vis jackets surveying the woodland and show building this afternoon, one of whom appeared to have a hi vis bearing an Intamin logo. This combined with the already revealed information of a 20m building, and a reasonably high hourly capacity, has led me to do some digging and I came across this product :

This would work with physical sets, fits the bill for what they have already described, and would be a great family thrill attraction for the park !

That's been a product for a few years now I think, although I don't think they've sold one before this one?

That's been a product for a few years now I think, although I don't think they've sold one before this one?
I’m purely speculating, Intamin could have been on site for any number of reasons, it could have been an old hi vis lying around. But it does fit what has been described so far

I’m purely speculating, Intamin could have been on site for any number of reasons, it could have been an old hi vis lying around. But it does fit what has been described so far
Yeah it's very likely. We'll have to wait and see though. 🙂

I'd have more expected such a horror to lurk in Hollywood Tour than anywhere in Efteling