• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

Interesting news about the new coaster from Vijfzintuigen. It will have an underground tunnel of about 10 metres (33ft) making it the first dive machine to have a proper tunnel since Oblivion!

Fata Morgana is next under the knife - the ride opens on 04 October after a relatively major refurbishment. There are rumours that all the boats are being replaced, probably just because of age.

10 meters doesn't sound like a very deep tunnel.

Wouldn't this be about the same depth?
b4c0b2c006hvuo000089f5.jpg

Indeed, a 33ft tunnel is not very deep at all. Not really comparable to the 90ft deep Oblivion tunnel.

:)

I am not entirely sure, but I think it could actually be meaning the length of the tunnel rather than the depth? I can't see it being very deep personally, but the long straight bit of track at the bottom is about 10m or there abouts!

Maybe the tunnel will exit out of the lake?

Not beyond Efteling's mentality to be a possibility, especially as said lake is currently drained...

Maybe the tunnel will exit out of the lake?

I hope not, coaster tunnels into and out of lakes always look so horrid!

Looopings has a few more details about the coaster. Not much of a first, but it'll be the first dive machine to go straight into the drop after the lift rather than turn first. This'll be followed by two inversions!

Based on plans and footers, the wonderful VijfZintuigen have mocked up what they are pretty sure the first half of this coaster will look like.

VHI5FBw.jpg

With theming, that'll be a beautiful little scene. :)

I've not been too Efteling but from what I've heard of it I imagine that it is the theming that will make this ride. It would be nice if it did have an interesting layout as well though.

Wonder if they'll do a mini dark ride prior to the lift hill... That would be interesting to say the least...

I'm not an expert in interpreting these drawings myself, but from people who are:

* The que is Joris en de Draak-style in the sense that it circles 'within' the coaster itself. About a third of the main building is allocated for the queuing area, possibly (probably) themed.
* Strange about the que is that it is a double que for its entire length (world's largest front-seat line?)
* There will be a dual loading platform and a transfer track. Trains are highly likely 6-seaters. There is space for three trains in the storage/maintenance area, so probably four trains is its maximum capacity.
* Adjacent to the station, a square will be made (think De Vliegende Hollander -style) towards Anderrijk.
* Lay out: The Vijfzintuigen drawings are also based on other parts of the same technical drawings. So far: Platform, transfer track, lift hill, drop and tunnel, Immelman * mystery * helix (upward), bunny hop, tight turn upwards, brakes.

8 November there will be a Q&A session with Fons Jurgens (CEO) and Coen Bertens (Chief Operations) and members of Vijfzintuigen. Probably some more info will be shared then. Others believe that this is all a big teaser from Efteling itself on purpose since - too much of a coincidence - these drawings lie in the only cabin through which you could actually photograph through the window. All other windows were sealed off. Just as a teaser, it can then also be a big hoax...

Dual loading and a double queue would make some sense. After all, Oblivion used to work that way before Fastrack came along.

Efteling's sweeping programme of refurbishments continues with no signs of slowing down!

Fata Morgana

s9JzzrK.jpg

7ElvIUX.jpg

MS8SlqT.jpg

z4hsJZr.jpg

5culXTv.jpg

eftelingfan on Vijfzintuigen

Meaning Looopings have got their hands on an internal staff memo detailing what the refurb will consist of. This apparently includes "extensive technical work" and "striking modifications to the sets." After the refurb the boats will be replaced with new boats one by one while the ride is in operation. It re-opens on 04 October - an exciting day for Fata Morgana lovers!

Pagoda

The Pagoda is out of action and continues to suffer major problems. The park have now pushed the reopened date back to the end of October.

Villa Volta

A refurbishment on the Villa Volta has begun! As this is external work, the ride remains open for the moment but with a new entrance.

7hJ2KAb.jpg

imKwgYd.jpg

IC3LZG8.jpg

Efteling designer on Vijfzintuigen

House of the Five Senses

The thatched roof on the splendid entrance building is getting its first replacement since it opened - in 1996! This is good news, as it was starting to get tatty and grubby.

J3tJmNM.jpg

Efteling designer on Vijfzintuigen

WEt88YI.jpg

eftelingfan on Vijfzintuigen

Some kids area I don't recognise is also under the knife, you can see more photos in this thread.

fF3U58c.jpg

Apparently this No Limits 2 coaster was created using the plans for Efteling's new dive machine. No idea how accurate it is but it looks bloody good so I thought I'd share it anyway! :p

Well, obviously the theming WILL be good - but I quite like the look of this!

It's DIFFERENT - and with dive coasters, that's what we want!

Ooh la la!

Wow, please be like that! For a Dive Coaster it looks great, a very unique layout and a decent length. Fingers crossed this is how it materialises.