• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

Third post in a row, but hey.

The White Horse self-service restaurant has re-opened following a refurbishment.

tGW7QtB.jpg

5tbncR4.jpg

moch1BN.jpg

LxrtGoA.jpg

yAGrK58.jpg

2gfAkri.jpg

Looks alright. Still a bit too bland for my liking, but decent enough. Though I wish they'd gone for that highly-magical rustic fairytale style that they've used for Polle's Kitchen.

M1CV7t2.jpg

Refurbed DVH boats testing.

5HIsXPB.jpg

Interestingly, a load of tree clearing's been going off across the park. Potentially for a new development...?

Bmh1QpI.jpg

oWotK1W.jpg

Finished bridge, looking lovely.

GXXH6kA.jpg

Err... whatever this is...? Anyway, it gives a good hint of the finished vibe of the new Piraña. I love the primary colours that are being brought into the ride that it never previously had!

Sam said:
M1CV7t2.jpg

Refurbed DVH boats testing.

This photo raises many questions.
Why have the dummies got blankets over their legs? Will they get cold? Why are all their necks tied to the head rest like some kind of S&M fetish? Will this be a new H&S feature, or is it just "those crazy Dutch" getting kinky? If so, will it be an upcharge, or does everyone get free autoerotic asphixiation included with their entry fee?

Looks very smart and classy... It may lack the fantasy and fun feel of Pardoes, but it goes for a look of elegance... And tbh, it seems to have some character now, something that I felt the major restaurants (not that I went in any, and Octopus aside cos it's amazing) lacked across the park...

Tbh, this is what Towers Family Restaurant should look like...

Efteling's entrance price has increased 50c to €35.

Because Efteling is open 365 days a year, they see April 01 as their de-facto 'first day of the season'

The second Aquanura show began yesterday, called Aquanura: The Second Symphony. It adds music from Fata Morgana, Monsieur Cannibale (yay!) and Joris (boo). You can see a trailer for it here.

The refurbished Pirana also opened yesterday, with a strong Inca theme and clever interactive features (not just the bog-standard guns).

JnWIWTv.jpg

Above image is from a park press release. Below are some images from Eftelist...

VG0SNSU.jpg

SdrgoQT.jpg

Zdqj9el.jpg

kGx0kAQ.jpg

rYwkkXG.jpg

cIYY2fm.jpg

UsYVXV2.jpg

qWPn9tk.jpg

XrcTRuA.jpg

Ge3GTeC.jpg

PAKjF7E.jpg

2HxAv5M.jpg

H1zR5Ch.jpg

Oa5PhZ8.jpg

Check out this cool new safety video that plays in the station.

HBr6z8R.jpg

qYC0CsB.jpg

And another few photos from Vijfzintuigen, showing what is almost certainly the highlight of this refurbishment: the rework of the lift-hill. The ugliness of the lift-hill on this ride was probably my single biggest bug-bear with Efteling.

HnuaRwU.jpg

ry9gu30.jpg

00jdpbW.jpg

Loads more photos on this page and the next few pages of this topic if that's your bag. :)

They've done a really good job there, just a shame it's such a boring ride.

Aquanura 2 doesn't look/sound to be as good as the first version...

Then again, that version had Villa Volta, Ravelijn and Danse Macabre involved, so I might be biased...

Efteling have announced they are getting a dive coaster for 2015 in the summer.

Can't believe this major news hasn't had more discussion! :)

Firstly in other news, the Gondoletta bored-barnes has reopened after a scheduled rehab, with a bit of a flourish. There used to be a 25-30 year old black swan in the lake named Keesje that was apparently loved by staff before it died in July last year. So because they're bloody lovely, Efteling have acquired a new black swan for the lake in tribute.

ACaB9Rj.jpg

u17dEkj.jpg

Anyway, onto business. The very odd and unexpected announcement of an upcoming B&M dive machine.

• "With the new roller coaster we focus on the 10 to 15 year olds," says new park boss.
  • 37 meter drop (121ft).
  • Summer 2015.
  • 400 new beds in the Bosrijk camp resort.
  • Overall spend of €36m for the above two investments, god knows how.[/i]
    • The coaster will "tell a special story" according to the park boss.[/i]
      • The park want 5m guests a year by 2020.[/i]

Unfortunately (and to the inexplicable relief of Efteling fans) the park have confirmed that this coaster won't be replacing Python, which is rapidly becoming an embarrassment to a major world-class park like Efteling.

Looopings has reported from "several reliable sources" that the new coaster will sit behind DVH and will be themed to an old-fashioned coal mine, with the drop taking place down the mine shaft, like the ToT at Gold Reef City. Looopings also report that 30m will be above ground and 7.5m below, and that the trains will be floorless.

yIJErD2.jpg

In other news, the Steam Carousel is the next attraction to fall into Efteling's refurbishment tractor-beam. The ride is shut from 07 April to 13 June.

mqTnGxY.jpg

a93yloJ.jpg

Many more photos at the above link if carousels are your thang. :)

Finally, the new park director has announced that the infamous Hartenhof has not been cancelled, will open between 2016 and 2020, and will cost €42.5m to build. :)

Ian from Coasterforce thinks it's going to be a Zierer not a B&M and that it's going to be themed to the Laafs, one of Efteling's existing characters.

Either way, it should be a nice addition a nice excuse to revisit the park :)

Interesting. If it is going to be floorless then I can't see past B&M. I can't imagine Zierer coming up with a system anywehre near as good as B&M's in regards to the folding station floors on floorless coaster, and you just know B&M will have their methods patented.

When you hear Dive Coaster you do automatically assume B&M but I suppose it could be something else, especially if some of the announcement has been lost in translation.

:)

The problem I have is that most B&M dive coasters are about 180ft for the total drop at least. Yet if the info in Sam's post is correct, this will only be 121ft. So there is a possibility it won't be B&M.

Krake is only 134ft so a mini B&M Dive Machine is possible. If that is what it is then I hope it has some form of significant layout after the drop unlike Krake.

There's a question of whether "diving" has been lost in translation and it could be a Verbolten-style vertical drop?

^ Given that the dive machine theory is all over Dutch sites (for example Looopings), I doubt that. They would have had to have collectively misinterpreted something in their own language. It's possible after all though - I can't help but think a Verbolten style of ride would fit in better, despite a preference for the B&M.

A Verboten/TH13TEEN style 121ft drop would be interesting :p

I still reckon it'll be a dive coaster of some sort (due to discussions on native sites) and it'll be interesting to see the manufacturer, layout, and execution when it opens.

It sounds like the park have all but confirmed that it will be a B&M. The CEO has also apparently said that it will be longer and more coaster like than Krake at Heide Park which will be good news if true.

Efteling's Facebook said:
10311760_10152467714388854_8841083048549138586_n.jpg

The permit application for the new roller coaster that opened in the summer of 2015, is gone to the Church today. On this technical drawing you can see where the attraction in the Efteling will come! (Translated by Bing)

Presumably 'Church' is a mistranslated 'local council' or something. Cool of them to put this sort of thing on their main Facebook page, but this doesn't look like good news. What a terribly disappointing layout.