• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Emerald Park (Formerly Tayto Park), Dublin: General Discussion

The size of the splash is primarily created by the shape of the boat's bow. But as said, changing the water level is a simple way to vary the wetness. Obviously this can only be done in a controled pool, like Atlantica. So with a normal flume, I doubt this could be done, since the water level in the trough is hard to regulate compared to a splashdown pool. It's more suited to water coasters really.

Chiapas in Phantasialand operates during the winter (unless the temperature is below freezing). They can change the splash by lowering the water level. So it can be done on log flumes.

It's good, whilst nothing spectacular. Lots of fun and the first drop is amazing! It was a lot longer than I was expecting too :)

At Tayto Park today and diggers are working on a plot of land next to Cu Chulainn for the new 2017 attraction. No official word on what it will be. On the fence it simply says: "Coming 2017. You will get wet!".
So it seems the long rumoured log flume is on its way. There is also a painting of a Viking ship so I assume it will be Viking themed.

At Tayto Park today and diggers are working on a plot of land next to Cu Chulainn for the new 2017 attraction. No official word on what it will be. On the fence it simply says: "Coming 2017. You will get wet!".
So it seems the long rumoured log flume is on its way. There is also a painting of a Viking ship so I assume it will be Viking themed.

Should be a great addition if it is a log flume. Of course the park is growing so it's a sensible choice for their next major attraction.

Valhalla rip off much? Vikings, you will get wet and you may get soaking wet..

No? Vikings are a fairly common theme and I am sure this ride will be nothing like Valhalla.

A log flume seems like it will be a good additon to the park. Hopefully it will be a decent one with a good layout and not a small of the shelf/travelling model.

:)

A log flume seems like it will be a good additon to the park. Hopefully it will be a decent one with a good layout and not a small of the shelf/travelling model.

My thoughts exactly. I really hope it is a decent flume. However their new 2016 attractions have all been off the shelf Zamperla Flat Rides so I don't have much hope but want to be proved wrong.

No? Vikings are a fairly common theme and I am sure this ride will be nothing like Valhalla.

It was more of a joke towards Vallhallas "You will get wet" on the fence :p Obviously it will be nothing like Vallhalla, but I can dream :)

Reactions: CGM
Given that their first coaster could have easily been a small off the shelf model.... yeah I'm sure this log Flume won't be one of the small crappy ones ;)

The size, scale and quality of this ride will very much depend on the success of Cu Culainn. At the moment none of us really know if the coaster achieved the numbers which the park had hoped. If it wasn't a big hit then I'd expect cheaper, off the shelf models.

The size, scale and quality of this ride will very much depend on the success of Cu Culainn. At the moment none of us really know if the coaster achieved the numbers which the park had hoped. If it wasn't a big hit then I'd expect cheaper, off the shelf models.

Tayto Park saw 750,000 visitors in 2015, higher than expected, so maybe there's hope.

Tayto Park saw 750,000 visitors in 2015, higher than expected, so maybe there's hope.

Not sure if this is always the case but the twice I have been, there were more queues for the zip wires and the air race (terrible throughput might be the factor here). Cu Chulainn was walk on all day. It would be nice to see something unique and hopefully something with theming throughout not just in the queue line. The Dinosaurs and Ice age sections are great and you can a lot of thought and work has gone into them. I hope the new ride gets the same amount of love.

I was in Dublin on the weekend to run the half marathon and I noticed there was no flyers, leaflets or posters in the hotel, yet there were for Blarney, Galway and Giants Causeway. All attractions much further away. I looked around in most touristy places and there wasn't much advertising at all in Dublin for Tayto Park. Even the crisps packets didn't have any. I tried all the flavours just to make sure ;) Does any on here living in Ireland know if the park put a lot into advertising?

I was in Dublin on the weekend to run the half marathon and I noticed there was no flyers, leaflets or posters in the hotel, yet there were for Blarney, Galway and Giants Causeway. All attractions much further away. I looked around in most touristy places and there wasn't much advertising at all in Dublin for Tayto Park. Even the crisps packets didn't have any. I tried all the flavours just to make sure ;) Does any on here living in Ireland know if the park put a lot into advertising?

Hey Robert. I'm from Ireland myself, currently living in Dublin, the park does advertise but most of it is online or radio. They're constantly running competitions online to win passes and radio stations constantly offer passes as phone in prizes.

Recently 2fm (Ireland's equivalent to Radio 1) broadcast live from Tayto park. The park itself is well known in Ireland and is very popular amongst Young families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Northern Ireland and at the start of the summer they did a lot of advertising up here. There were a number of bill boards around Belfast and the surrounding towns and areas.

EDIT: Damn it, beaten to it! :p

According to this article, along with their new water ride, Tayto Park are indeed planning their next coaster!

http://www.newstalk.com/How-big-could-Tayto-Park-be

The company has begun work on a new €5.7m water ride, and it is investing €17.5m in a second major rollercoaster to accompany the wooden Cuchulainn ride.

The article also talks about them aiming to have over a million visitors by 2022, and about a possible hotel or lodges on site.

In regards of their new coaster, that is a lot of money! It can buy you at least a small B&M. Whatever it is, I reckon it'll be a looping coaster of some sort. But of course you can take that article with a pinch of salt.