• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

Got to say, I love the colour scheme! After getting so used to Merlin (non)coloured coasters anything that is bright seems amazing! :p

I like the individual colours on their own, but the combination of them is awful.

The next Blue Fire clone at IMG World in Dubai seems to be going ahead.

tlsnhla.jpg

Once again off-topic, but remember that bright green and red Blue Fire clone? Well it's now open, and it has the most unusual name:

Velikoluksky Miasokombinat. What does that translate to I hear you say? Velikoluksky Meat Processing Plant apparently. Wow!

:)

Not sure how much interest there is in Energylandia, but their new Vekoma has been testing and the park released a POV on their Facebook page, but Facebook is awful so you're getting the video they posted on youtube.

I think it looks fantastic, especially for a Vekoma. The transitions look really nice and it flows really well between elements. A step in the right direction, look out Mack!

I'm pleased that a park has finally bought a coaster of this type after Vekoma have been showing it off for a few years. This looks like the ride system they should have had ten years ago. The layout seems a bit basic, but it's understandable if they're treading carefully with the prototype and still looks like good fun. Here's hoping a lot more orders follow.

Yet another official POV with the camera mounted as close to the track as possible, clearly lower than the rider's feet.
Let's try that again, with the camera about four feet higher, and see how fast and smooth it looks then.

EnergyLandia certainly seem to have a never ending supply of money with 3 new coasters announced for 2017: a kiddie powered coaster, a Vekoma Family Boomerang and an Intamin Water Coaster. Along with a rapids and a number of flats.

However they have put on their Facebook page 2 videos showing the 2 options for their 2018 Hyper Coaster. One proposal from Intamin and another from Vekoma and are apparently asking their fans to choose.

Vekoma

Intamin

I would go with Vekoma. Mainly as I want to see a new product from them.

The idea of a massive, brand new Intamin hyper in Europe just a short flight away outweighs my curiosity for what Vekoma's take on a hyper coaster would be like. Plus I do think the Intamin layout looks better. So the Intamin swings it for me.

Taking the ride experience out of it, I think the park would be sensible to go with Intamin. They obviously have a good relationship with Vekoma but when it comes to rides of this type on this scale, Vekoma is a completely unknown quantity and Intamin have a lot of experience.

Still, what an odd way to decide on a coaster model. I'm always a bit uneasy when organisations throw open their decision making to the public. It gets a good deal of publicity but I still don't think it's the best idea. I've done a lot of product design work, much of which has involved user research. I quickly learned that whilst you should listen to people's feedback and factor in their responses to your design choices, you shouldn't ever let them make design decisions, particularly not as a large group. That's how you end up with frying pan-pedometer-alarm clocks.

Last edited:
That turn around on the Intamin coaster looks mental! I like the Vekoma one as well, but it seems a bit to basic of a layout. That said, like Astro pointed out, it would be nice to see them go with Vekoma to see something new from them.

The Vekoma one looks very B&M to me in a weird way...

Either one would be a fine choice for varying reasons, Vekoma could use this as a renaissance for themselves and suddenly be back on the map...

Might have to head over in the future once the park stops furiously expanding for 5 minutes...

I personally prefer the look of the Intamin and it would be more likely to entice me to visit immediately than the Vekoma as Intamins hypers are a little more tried and tested, the Vekoma is a bit of an unknown ride experience, could be great, could be meh (probably would wait til some keen enthusiasts had ventured out their and given a good write up on it ;) not very adventurous of me I know). Which ever one they go with it will be a massive addition to the park that is still so new but as mentioned is growing rapidly, 17 new attractions in 2017 with several being big rides is crazy. 2018 what the hell, in Europe thats at least 4 new big coasters and 2016 hasn't even finished yet.