• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Euro 2020

Skyscraper

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Well, it's finally here! First game is tomorrow, with Italy v Turkey, and England's first match is against Croatia on Sunday. (De ja Vu anyone? Groans)

How do we all think Gareth Southgate's team will do this time around? I'd hope at least the semis, like the 2018 World Cup.

C'MON ENGLAND!

Last edited:
Aiming my expectations low, but then I do with everything anyway. I'm more excited for almost every other country other than England. I'll definitely be watching France Vs Germany.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Weirdly enough I'm not as excited as I'd usually be about an international tournament. And I'm a real football nerd, I'll watch every single match. I think it's a combination of the lack of crowds and also the fact it's split across several countries tbh.

France should be clear favourites by quite a distance, they've got one of the best squads of all time. England are rightly up there too but I just hope Gareth doesn't bottle it and starts Grealish/Mount/Foden together.

Similarly with Scotland I really hope they start Billy Gilmour.

Got loads of bets on...

Kante Player of The Tournament 40/1
Italy winners 12/1
Immobile Top Scorer 20/1
France winners/Immobile Top Scorer 125/1
Italy winners/Mbappe Top Scorer 100/1
Harry Kane & Burak Yilmaz each score 4 or more goals, Germany eliminated in group stage & France to reach the final
250/1
Memphis Depay top tournament goalscorer, N'Golo Kante Player of tournament & France win the tournament 300/1
Each team to score 3 or more goals in the group stages
300/1
Italy win tournament & Jack Grealish UEFA best player of the tournament
300/1
Gareth Bale, Burak Yilmaz & Memphis Depay each to score 4 or more goals
500/1
2 or more goals in each England, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, France & Spain group match
125/1

Weirdly enough I'm not as excited as I'd usually be about an international tournament. And I'm a real football nerd, I'll watch every single match. I think it's a combination of the lack of crowds and also the fact it's split across several countries tbh.

France should be clear favourites by quite a distance, they've got one of the best squads of all time. England are rightly up there too but I just hope Gareth doesn't bottle it and starts Grealish/Mount/Foden together.

Similarly with Scotland I really hope they start Billy Gilmour.

Got loads of bets on...

Kante Player of The Tournament 40/1
Italy winners 12/1
Immobile Top Scorer 20/1
France winners/Immobile Top Scorer 125/1
Italy winners/Mbappe Top Scorer 100/1
Harry Kane & Burak Yilmaz each score 4 or more goals, Germany eliminated in group stage & France to reach the final
250/1
Memphis Depay top tournament goalscorer, N'Golo Kante Player of tournament & France win the tournament 300/1
Each team to score 3 or more goals in the group stages
300/1
Italy win tournament & Jack Grealish UEFA best player of the tournament
300/1
Gareth Bale, Burak Yilmaz & Memphis Depay each to score 4 or more goals
500/1
2 or more goals in each England, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, France & Spain group match
125/1
So your betting on France winning and Italy winning?

Yeah quite fancy Italy, seen them described as dark horses which they're absolutely not. They're Italy. Mancini has them playing nice attacking football but still with that typical defensive solidity.

He won't, and to be honest I'm not sure I'd want all three starting as all are more ball players. I expect we'll see two of them at most, probably Foden and Mount. Also need some runners like Sancho/Rashford/Sterling.

France are clear favourites, however I wonder if things don't start well we'll witness another implosion like 2010!

44117775-0-image-a-56_1623440630948.jpg

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Also, Turkey's own goal last night was the first time ever that the opening goal of a Euros tournament has been an own goal. :oops:

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but Cristian Eriksen has collapsed during Denmark's game with Finland, and medics are currently performing CPR.

unknown.png

Please pull through, Cristian! :(

Pray for Eriksen
The pictures I’ve seen show him leaving the pitch wired up bit alive.....
Not on a verified news portal yet though
Hope he pulls through

Was scary watching Eriksen, honestly thought he wasn't going to make it. Thankfully he appears to be ok. But gotta assume thats the end of his career.

I felt England were good yesterday, some good plays and they settled in well too - should have been another goal or 2.

Will be interesting to see them vs Scotland as there is always that extra bit of rivalry

Scotland's failure with the Czechs was down to one thing...Tierney injured. The difference made from his absence over an injury is damning for had he been there things would have been different, I'm fearing he won't start until the Croatia game (by that point maybe it'll be too late?) as we need him for tomorrow though despite him being a damn good player, he has all the fragility of glass.

If we get a result against England, I'll eat my hat as I can't see us getting out of the group.

As a half Welshman, strong from Wales yesterday. Should have been far more as the game started to look more and more like target practice. Turkey where woeful though at points. Can't believe Bale skied that penalty by such a large margin

I've almost given up on England after tonight. They played crap last week and turned up for a game of chess tonight. They were silenced by Scotland, who played with aggression and heart. If Scotland have found a way to disable them, the likes of France, Portugal and Italy can destroy them. All the more need to get behind those Welsh boys now!