• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Euro 2020

Wednesday's game is going to be difficult, but I think we can do it. Especially with a majority home crowd at Wembley! :)

C'MON ENGLAND!

"Three Lions" interview with the song, around 6.30am on six music.
Played on BBC 1 by the Horseguards before and after seven.
Enough for me until 8pm thank you!
Edit, so like a fool, I turn on ITV at 8am.
More of the marching band playing it, then Alastair Campbell on the bloody bagpipes!
Five times by eight fifteen is enough to keep me going until teatime.
Is there a match on?

Last edited:
What a game last night, two top quality sides and it made for a gripping encounter. I thought Spain were the better side over 90 minutes and did well to come back after Italy went ahead. Always fancied Italy on penalties.

I reckon tonight's game could be a rather more cagey affair.

I'm not at all confident against Denmark or Italy. On paper, England should win against Denmark, but we still need to attack with enough gusto. Similar for Italy, they're a really hard team to score against and that's my main concern. For tonight and the final, we must play attacking football. We can do the England classic tactic of scoring and holding but we have to score some goals. I know putting 4 past Ukraine has built expectation and confidence but the match was a product of a superior and younger team applying pressure against a knackered inferior one.

If be happy for tonight to stay strong at the back and apply pressure but England must break through. Italy is an aging team that looked shattered last night so wearing them down will be the key.

Denmark have conceded most of their goals in the second half and I thought they've looked tired, but yeah there needs to be some attacking play and taking advantage of their weak spots.

Going to be difficult tonight but I think we can do it. I'm hopeful for yet another clean sheet too. :)

And the news in Scotland...
tenor.gif

All seriousness, England deserved the victory though the penalty was rather dubious.

All seriousness, England deserved the victory though the penalty was rather dubious.

No more dubious than their free kick which their goal came from. Evens itself out really. The reffing has been great throughout, but I think both of those crucial decisions were poor ones.

Overall England deserved the win last night, although Denmark were very impressive for spells in the game. They're legs had gone by the end of the 90 minutes though and you could tell that they were praying for penalties. England just have such a strong bench!

Special mention to Kasper Schmeichel, what a performance! Yet again proving that he is one of the most underrated goal keepers in the world.

Italy will be tough on Sunday. They know how to defend and will be dangerous going forward. I hope Southgate sticks with the system he went with last night rather than reverting to the system used against Germany. The pace of Sterling and co. could be trouble for the excelling but ageing Italy centre backs.

I'm really pleased for Sterling. He's had a tough season at Man City and was out of the team come the end of the season. But he is ripping the Euros to shreds! I wonder if his lack of game time for Man City is actually benefitting England, he has looked so fresh and full of energy. Whereas some other players in the tournament who have played week in week out for their clubs over two gruelling season have looked tired.

England are being charged with a fan with a laser pointer amongst other things such as disruptions during the national anthem

Cue every other fan in the world claiming England should be disqualified and Denmark given the finals spot.

There's a petition on the Gov site demanding for Monday to be made a bank holiday if we win. :p

England are being charged with a fan with a laser pointer amongst other things such as disruptions during the national anthem

Cue every other fan in the world claiming England should be disqualified and Denmark given the finals spot.

England fans insistence on booing the national anthem of every nation that we play really gripes me. What on earth does it acheive? Show some respect.

I'd imagine most England fans won't have the energy to boo for the full length of the Italian national anthem on Sunday. And what an anthem that is by the way!

Also, there are rumours that Southgate will be knighted if England win on Sunday.
Would definitely be deserved as he has done a fantastic job! :)