• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Europa Park vs Phantasialand

Europa Park vs Phantasialand

• Total voters
Isn't the Hollywood Boat Tour Attraction / building the big rumour for the next major new attraction?
You would think, considering how long it's been shut now due to its technical problems (ostensibly water damage, which is hilarious), but I'd heard that China Town/Geister Rikscha were next on the list for an overhaul. How true this is I don't know and I've no reliable source - just hearsay - but it'll certainly be interesting to see what they do.

Anyway, a touch off-topic, but I certainly prefer Europa over Phantasia. I spent 2 days, a month apart, at Phantasialand in 2020 and was really quite ready to leave come the end of the 2nd visit. What's there, by and large, really is great. However it is at the end of the day, a (highly detailed in many places) theme park. Europa-Park? Well, it's a destination.

Dark rides are another area where Europa-Park are way ahead of Phantasialand, both in quality and quantity. So you would imagine that a major new dark ride should be high up on Phantasialand's list of priorities. In recent years Europa-Park have added Voletarium and the new Pirates in Batavia as headline dark rides, then also Snorri Touren and Madame Freudenreich Curiosités as smaller but high quaity support rides.

With Efteling also having recently added Symbolica, you do feel it is something Phantasialand need to address. It would be interesting to see their take on a major dark ride.