• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Eurovision 2022: Sweepstake.

NO IT ISN'T.

Anyway, the deadline has now passed. It's time to reveal the true independent adujicator.

I saw this person suggested and decided to give it a go.

So please welcome your independent adujicator the one and only @Matt N!!!!!!

He will be making the draw and allocating countries. This way there can be no bias!

Hello, hello!

I know very little about Eurovision, so I don’t know who typically does well, who typically does badly or whatever, so that means that I have no real bias; I’ll just randomly allocate countries to the people who have signed up (probably using some sort of site that draws random items from a dataset)

Not that I would have any bias anyway, but my profound lack of EV knowledge exacerbates that point even more!

As @MattyH has said, I’ll be picking the countries, and I am completely independent of this sweepstake and have little to no Eurovision knowledge, so there will be absolutely no bias.

NO IT ISN'T.

Anyway, the deadline has now passed. It's time to reveal the true independent adujicator.

I saw this person suggested and decided to give it a go.

So please welcome your independent adujicator the one and only @Matt N!!!!!!

He will be making the draw and allocating countries. This way there can be no bias!
Not quite independent though as he's still a TS member. :p;)

Not quite independent though as he's still a TS member. :p;)
I’m independent of this sweepstake, and let me reassure you that I will not be vaguely biased; even if I wanted to be biased, how can I exert bias on something I know close to zilch about?

I’ll have my draw done in due course…

I’m independent of this sweepstake, and let me reassure you that I will not be vaguely biased; even if I wanted to be biased, how can I exert bias on something I know close to zilch about?

I’ll have my draw done in due course…
Democratic Debate GIF by GIPHY News

I have several ridiculous responses to all of this, but have grave concerns that our Matt would take them seriously.
Perhaps someone could start a poll on his suitability.
Or a you.gov petition.

Alrighty then!

So just to recap, our winner will be taking home the travel guide to Yugoslavia and our looser will be taking home a poop themed pencil case with their name and points total on courtesy of @NuttySquirrel.

Oh and the UK are currently THIRD in the odds!

@MattyH where is my credit for suggesting @Matt N ?
Anyway Matt (the N one not the H one) is independent, he's not participating and I very much doubt he'd ever engage in any form of rule breaking.

OK, folks; the countries have been allocated!

Just to show you all my legitimacy, let me present my picking method to you all. As they always say in maths, I need to show my workings!

In order to pick the countries, I used random.org's List Randomizer (https://www.random.org/lists/) to randomise the order both the countries and the participants, and the results were as follows:
Order of Countries:
Random-Countries-List.jpg

Order of Participants:
Random-Members-List.png

Now, in terms of allocation, there are 40 countries and 18 participants. Sadly, 40/18 is not a nice number, so as I cannot give each of you 0.2 of an extra country (to 1dp), that does mean that the first 4 members in the above list have received 3 countries (not for any particular reason other than that I went down the countries & members in descending order), while the rest of you have received 2 countries.

Going down the countries and members lists in descending order, with each country being allocated its according member (for instance, the top member in the members list was allocated the top country in the countries list), the countries allocated are as follows:
So, those are the picks that my method produced! I hope everyone's happy, but if you notice any kind of error in my method or you think something isn't right, then don't hesitate to bring it up with me.

I even created a spreadsheet, if you'd like to take a look:

OK, folks; the countries have been allocated!

Just to show you all my legitimacy, let me present my picking method to you all. As they always say in maths, I need to show my workings!

In order to pick the countries, I used random.org's List Randomizer (https://www.random.org/lists/) to randomise the order both the countries and the participants, and the results were as follows:
Order of Countries:
Random-Countries-List.jpg

Order of Participants:
Random-Members-List.png

Now, in terms of allocation, there are 40 countries and 18 participants. Sadly, 40/18 is not a nice number, so as I cannot give each of you 0.2 of an extra country (to 1dp), that does mean that the first 4 members in the above list have received 3 countries (not for any particular reason other than that I went down the countries & members in descending order), while the rest of you have received 2 countries.

Going down the countries and members lists in descending order, with each country being allocated its according member (for instance, the top member in the members list was allocated the top country in the countries list), the countries allocated are as follows:
So, those are the picks that my method produced! I hope everyone's happy, but if you notice any kind of error in my method or you think something isn't right, then don't hesitate to bring it up with me.

I even created a spreadsheet, if you'd like to take a look:

Good job Matt!
Nice that I have an extra chance with three countries, although that means I and the other 3 also have more chance of coming last 😛😳

Would have preferred a live world link up with goldfish bowls and ping pong balls, but good enough Matt.
And congratulations @John on getting the winner!