• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Euthanasia: The Rollercoaster

Alexsutton said:
It's almost as if the person designed it as some kind of piece of art, rather than an actual roller coaster plan.

It most likely is, considering it will never be built and the guy who designed it is basically an artist.

Yes. It is a piece of art. People are taking it far too seriously.

But to make a hypocrite of myself, Al, circular loops don't supply constant force like clothoid loops. ;)

Well in No Limits my circular loops are always much more forceful. :p

Would anyone in their right mind even ride this?

It's a pretty disgusting thought to think about sitting in a seat which previously held a dead person, let alone dying youself 2 minutes later!

Surely people would want the more comfortable, reasonable way of dying?!
That is, being injected with drugs.

The pain of this coaster would be unberable, and people would find it much easier to cast themselves off a cliff!

The designer could of just launhced the riders through acid really...

Longy said:
Would anyone in their right mind even ride this?

It's a pretty disgusting thought to think about sitting in a seat which previously held a dead person, let alone dying youself 2 minutes later!

Surely people would want the more comfortable, reasonable way of dying?!
That is, being injected with drugs.

The pain of this coaster would be unberable, and people would find it much easier to cast themselves off a cliff!

The designer could of just launhced the riders through acid really...

I don't think so, the G-Forces would cause blackout before any real pain was experienced. I doubt you'd feel any pain at all, it would be pretty instantaneous.

Am I the only one wondering which poor person has to be the ride op? :eek:

I mean, before a new trainload of suicidal peeps can ride it, the bodies have to go somewhere...

NastyPasty said:
Am I the only one wondering which poor person has to be the ride op? :eek:

I mean, before a new trainload of suicidal peeps can ride it, the bodies have to go somewhere...
What about the poor sod that'd have to shift the body / bodies and clean it up (if there needs to be any cleaning done) so the ride is ready for the next rider / riders.

If I had a terminal illness, I'd ride this over going out in a hospital bed. You'd black out before your spine snapped and your brain died from lack of blood. If I'm going to die, I don't want to have to die in a boring way. Might as well have one last shot of adrenaline. I'm surprised how cold the reaction is from us enthusiasts, surely I can't be the only one who thinks it would be cool and fitting to die how we lived?

Blaze said:
If I had a terminal illness, I'd ride this over going out in a hospital bed. You'd black out before your spine snapped and your brain died from lack of blood. If I'm going to die, I don't want to have to die in a boring way. Might as well have one last shot of adrenaline. I'm surprised how cold the reaction is from us enthusiasts, surely I can't be the only one who thinks it would be cool and fitting to die how we lived?

Most people don't want to cause their own death though, they'd rather take the chance of living longer with the illness rather than knowing they would be definitely dying at a certain point.

From a practical point of view, they should build it with an inverted offload station, with the train coming to a stop above strategically placed coffins.

The Psychoaster said:
Blaze said:

Most people don't want to cause their own death though, they'd rather take the chance of living longer with the illness rather than knowing they would be definitely dying at a certain point.
I mean if I got to the point of wanting out. Why fly to Dignitas when I can ride this beast? :D

Blaze said:
The Psychoaster said:
Blaze said:

I mean if I got to the point of wanting out. Why fly to Dignitas when I can ride this beast? :D

Ah I see. I agree, it would be much more exciting and far less foreboding than going to that grim place.