• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Euthanasia: The Rollercoaster

spike1911

TS Member
Believe it or not....

http://www.odditycentral.com/technology ... l-you.html

Euthanasia-Coaster-550x392.jpg

Yes, you ride it, you die. That’s pretty much the concept of the Euthanasia Coaster. What could be scarier than this – a ride that lasts 3 minutes, the first two of which are spent slowly climbing a very steep slope. Once at the top, you still have a chance to make the ultimate decision of your life, to live or to die. Choose the latter, and you will be dropped at a high speed and then made to travel through a quick succession of loops. The spinning motion would create a centrifugal force that makes all the blood rush away from the brain, and insufficient oxygen would ultimately lead to death.

Saw this last year and it definitely just looks like a No Limits noob made a crap coaster and gave it a fantastical story to make it seem less... crap. I mean, just look at that curving lift hill and the turn around at the end! :p

In that case, it's centripetal 'forces', not force. Apparently.

:p

Goodness this is old but still frightening that somebody went to the trouble of actually designing such a machine. All you'd need next is a rapids with pirahna filled waters, a real weapon effects 4D cinema show and a dark ride involving the Tellytubbies for a true killer theme park. The horror!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

It's actually not that hard to create a euthanasia roller coaster. :p

Anyone with RCT3, if you're like me and have a phase of discovering ways to kill guests. You'll know one of the basics is by selecting a guest, renaming them John Wardley (removes game height limit) and then create a lift hill that goes on forever, then creating a vertical drop from that point. The forces will kill you stone dead. Quite simple stuff really.

This is what I usually end up with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcS29t2sTuU

What a way to go mind! :p

James said:
You'll know one of the basics is by selecting a guest, renaming them John Wardley (removes game height limit)

How ironic is it that each project Wardley works with seems to be tied with planning height restrictions... :p

BowMan said:
This seems really stupid. ??? How many people would actually ride this?
It's just a concept that would almost certainly never be built. In my view, no manufacturer would want to build such a coaster, as it would damage their reputation by quite a lot.

The point isn't you want to ride it. The point is you ride it to kill yourself. Instead of doctors pumping you full of drugs and dying full of tubes in a hospital, you book a ride on this bad boy.

Surely it would be better to have a Kingda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster launch into a boomerang sized cobra roll and a few consecutive loops after it, before a brake run into back towards the station? It'd be much smaller and quicker.

And if they want to give you time to ponder your impending doom and whether you'd like to continue on with the ride, they could just build the launch button into the ride car so you can sit at the start of the launch and look down the track towards the inversions and think about what you're doing before you either get out of the ride or press the launch button.

Either way, it's a terrible idea and should never be built.

I saw this topic and thought Maurer Söhne had sold another Spinning Coaster for a second!

BigAl said:
Surely it would be better to have a Kingda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster launch into a boomerang sized cobra roll and a few consecutive loops after it, before a brake run into back towards the station? It'd be much smaller and quicker.

And if they want to give you time to ponder your impending doom and whether you'd like to continue on with the ride, they could just build the launch button into the ride car so you can sit at the start of the launch and look down the track towards the inversions and think about what you're doing before you either get out of the ride or press the launch button.

Either way, it's a terrible idea and should never be built.
It has to be like that so the g-force is strong enough and sustained. According to the designer, the ride maintains a constant 10G all the way, to ensure no one survives.

Yes I know, but the size of the lift is ridiculous when you could gain the speed from a launch. The number of loops isn't what I'm on about as they come after. There'd be less steal used for the supports. It costs a lot to build rides that tall as it becomes more challenging to build as you go further up (a Kingda Ka documentary on Youtube goes into some details).

Actually, they could improve the loops as well by turning them into a coil-like element of consecutive Schwarzkopf-style circular loops (forgot the technical name for them). They're more forceful than regular loops and having the loops side-by-side would use less space and create more than enough force.

Edit: Basically, what this looks like below (imagine they're joined-up), only reinforced (obviously) with more loops and taken at far greater speed...

looptheloopConeyIsland4x6.jpg