• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Events in Paris - 13/11/2015 - Terrorist Attacks

BarryZola

TS Member
Team Edit: This is obviously going to be a heated topic, so this is just a reminder to ask all those participating to respond and post in a sensible manner. Posts which are seen to be purposely inflammatory or unnecessarily argumentative will be removed.

Looks like Paris is the chosen destination for another 'attack' tonight. Looks like a possible co-ordinated one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203

Friday the 13th. At least 30 dead so far predicted as I write this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely dreadful. It's a struggle to keep up with what's going on as well, and there are reports of more attacks as well. :(

As far as I can find out 40-50 People are dead.

EDIT - CNN are saying 60 people :(

Doesn't sound very good:

Meanwhile Julien Pierce, a Europe 1 journalist who was inside the Bataclan, has described what he saw:

"Several armed men came into the concert. Two or three men, not wearing masks, came in with what looked like Kalashnikovs and fired blindly on the crowd.

"It lasted between 10 and 15 minutes. It was extremely violent and there was panic. The attackers had enough time to reload at least three times. They were very young."

Tragic, and I fear it's only going to get worse as the night goes on. Thoughts with all of those in Paris at the moment and those who have loved ones there; I can't imagine the fear.

There are some sick people in this world.

France has just declared a state of emergency. Every border is closed.
Also a confirmed terrorist attack

Just read that victims are being shot 1 by 1 and are apparently texting there families.

This incident will obviously have some repercussions. However, if it turned out that whoever carried these things out were recent immigrants from the troubles in Syria etc, some serious shizzle is going to unfold for those governments who have welcomed them with open arms. I'm just talking completely hypothetically obviously and that is very unlikely, although not impossible.

This incident will obviously have some repercussions. However, if it turned out that whoever carried these things out were recent immigrants from the troubles in Syria etc, some serious shizzle is going to unfold for those governments who have welcomed them with open arms. I'm just talking completely hypothetically obviously and that is very unlikely, although not impossible.
I think you're right. I hope to God that it's not migrants that are responsible, though it's entirely possible that those who have done this used the migrant crisis as an easy way to sneak into Paris. :/

I really can't believe we have such horror in this world. I've barley been able to speak since hearing of everything.

The only thing that's brought hope to me is the hashtag on twitter #porteouverte with people offering their homes as shelter to those out in the city tonight. There are people who do terrible things, but so many who do wonderful things also.

The #PorteOuverte thing is fantastic. It shows to me that no matter what, terrorists will never win.

Here is the official state of emergency posted by iTELE on Twitter.

CTu3c65UwAADK3X.jpg

https://twitter.com/itele/status/665327103898841088

This is just the start...... we have now let in undless numbers of ISIS scumbags into all EU cities under the guise of being migrants. The enemy is within our shores and impossible to differentiate from everyday people going about their normal business. It was warned about for years, but PC quietened down those who spoke of their worry that such attacks could happen. Well, now it is, and close all the borders you like now - its too late. This is the first of many, trust me.

Whilst I haven't removed or edited any posts in here, this is obviously going to be a heated topic. So this is just a reminder at the moment to ask all those participating in the topic to respond and post in a sensible manner. Posts which are seen to be purposely inflammatory or unnecessarily argumentative will be removed.