Ever had a "grey out" on a roller coaster?

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by speedy, 27th Sep 2018.

1. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

The Swarm at Thorpe o_O

What’s that’s all about

:eek:

Stupid wing coaster ... still keep going on it tho.

2. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    I used to get it on Nemesis on the back row but not for a good few years now.

Intimidator 305 sounds like it would be weird *not* to grey out. Apparently it always has a short queue as it's so intense.

Also that coaster in the OP is like something you'd design on RCT to torture people. The drops too tall for the size of the loop!

3. Poopoohead

Poopoohead TowersStreet Member

Tatsu on the pretzel loop, bloody unpleasant

Rick likes this.
  4. Austin Towers

Austin Towers TowersStreet Member

Only time I near greyed out was when I saw the queue to pick up tickets at towers entrance plaza was back to the coach park.

Last edited: 29th Sep 2018
    Funcone, Rick, Ethan and 6 others like this.
  5. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

Is it weird that I grey out on Th13teen more than any other coaster? I do get it the odd time after the helix on Nemesis but I seem to always get it on that upwards helix on Th13teen. It's bizarre, clearly it's helix's that affect me

Matt N likes this.
  6. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    That first helix is more forceful than I’d remembered, in fairness, especially towards the back; I didn’t quite grey out, but I was starting to see subtle little spots at the edge of my vision by the end of the element.

In terms of Towers coasters, the only one that has ever made me properly grey out is Nemesis; if it’s running particularly intense, the helix can remove my vision for seconds at a time, and make my head and legs go a little bit woozy. I’ll admit it’s not a sensation I find horribly pleasant myself, but I know some people love it!

I’ve greyed out or started to get loss of vision on a few coasters, though; off the top of my head, Swarm’s helicopter helix makes me grey out to almost the same extent as Nemesis’ helix, although it doesn’t seem to make me quite as woozy, Revolution’s loop is quite a strong grey out moment, and bizarrely, even the Big One made me grey out once, on the first drop! (Only once, though; the ride I had later in the day was fine!)

Most bizarrely of all, Olympia Looping (a notoriously intense coaster) didn’t even make me see stars, let alone fully grey out, but the raw intensity was definitely felt by my body; that one made me feel somewhat nauseous, more so than any permanent UK coaster!

I think I might have had my vision start to go on Nemesis Inferno a few times, but it hasn’t happened lately.

But in general; greying/blacking out gets a no from me. It’s not something I find especially pleasant.

7. JAperson

JAperson TowersStreet Member

Think I've only ever greyed out on nemesis once. As for thirteen I've never greyed out on it.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    I've only come close to greying out once or twice, and it was Nemmy-induced. Course, it was nothing to do with the fact @Poisson and I were abusing the SRQ when it still existed and we were into double figures within an hour... :p

Ethan and JAperson like this.
  9. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

What is this greying out?
    Only time I have suffered is half a dozen rides on the Big One on an ert.
    Mixed seats from back to front, felt so beaten up I simply couldn't do a seventh.

JAperson likes this.
  10. Funcone

Funcone TowersStreet Member

I greyed out on the Runaway Mine Train. At least, I thought I did. It turned out I'm colour blind.

Last edited: 21st Sep 2021
    jon81uk, Poisson, rob666 and 3 others like this.
  11. John_P

John_P TowersStreet Member

Lech at Legendia, that initial sequence from the first drop to the station fly through is ridiculous!

12. Matt878787

Matt878787 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Greying out must induce memory loss ;)

rob666 likes this.
  13. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

That's only from three years ago...I can't remember what I had for breakfast.

Matt878787 likes this.