• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fairground rides.Love or hate?

Do you like fairground/travelling rides?

• Never been on one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters
Every time the question of Fairground ride safety comes up, people always hide behind the comment "It's their livelihood, of course they're safe" That doesn't mean jack. Has the multiple deaths & injuries at The Pleasure Beach effected the Thompson's livelihood? Erm, no. really bugs me that comment. If anything a fairground ride can move location to avoid issues if something were to go wrong, a themepark ride can't and at the end of the day it doesn't stop people visiting and riding does it?

I do not trust a ride that is constantly taken apart and put back together in a new place and with the long list of accidents I keep well clear of them. Not to mention I dislike spinney rides so there's nothing really for me at a fair.

I do love the raw mechanical feel you get with some older rides. I really like the old Schwarzkopf coasters, but yeah I must admit, there is always a fear that fairground rides are not maintained to as high as standard as themeparks. I will ride most fairground rides, but others I avoid.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2