• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fantasy Island

They have already said it's not the star shape in their social replies.

Maybe that will be coming at some point outdoors. However you have to wonder if they announced it last year and it's still not there now they might be having a lot of issues with it.

Bling was fun in its day. Quite intimidating and wild to look at however I never felt it rode that bad really. Always felt very controlled and quite tame considering how big it is.

I am sure I read a while ago that mellors had a mondial rides Diablo called intoxx (possibly the ride shown in the pics on mondial rides website) in their yard. So maybe that could be the ride they are adding? It’s also 4 riders per row, so would fit with the concept image. I could be completely wrong though and the ride they have in their yard maybe a completely different ride model called intoxx.

http://www.mondialrides.com/diablo/
For ease of access here's the video; :)

Last edited:
I am sure I read a while ago that mellors had a mondial rides Diablo called intoxx (possibly the ride shown in the pics on mondial rides website) in their yard.
There were some photos recently on Facebook of one of their yards in Nottinghamshire. Pictured were indeed a Mondial Diablo, along with a Huss Magic, Frisbee and Break Dance and other rides.

I fear they might be over stating this back story / Dragon theme a little bit. I mean the park isn't really known for fantastic theming is it? A lot of it is fair ground ride quality.

I have no doubt it will be a thrilling flat ride but I wouldn't get my hopes up for much more than that.
Remember that it's going in the Pyramid. It has to be well-themed or it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Will be interesting where it goes in the pyramid, as it’s never really had any new rides in there since it actually opened.

There’s a bit of room to the left of the golf (looking at it) which used to have a kids play area and stuff, but it’s not a massive site. You’ve then got the lower section where they added that high ropes but, but again it’s not a massive area. They could be removing the balloon ride I guess as that’s a bit of big land they could put the ride.

/What happened to the Imax that used to be in the pyramid?

Could just be a 4D movie with different seats

Will be interesting where it goes in the pyramid, as it’s never really had any new rides in there since it actually opened.

There’s a bit of room to the left of the golf (looking at it) which used to have a kids play area and stuff, but it’s not a massive site. You’ve then got the lower section where they added that high ropes but, but again it’s not a massive area. They could be removing the balloon ride I guess as that’s a bit of big land they could put the ride.
I think I read the high ropes has been removed.

Only opened a couple of years ago, and was quite good as it was just above the arcade so didn’t take any space up at all. However assume it didn’t open last year due to covid, suppose it was also slightly hidden.

/What happened to the Imax that used to be in the pyramid?

Could just be a 4D movie with different seats
I think that’s long gone. Not sure if it’s still there, or if the scare maze uses that space, as I know that entrance is where the IMAX thing used to be.

Does anyone else get this error message when trying to access the park's Facebook page?

Screenshot_20210326-184424.png

Does the same on my PC as well. :confused:

Only opened a couple of years ago, and was quite good as it was just above the arcade so didn’t take any space up at all. However assume it didn’t open last year due to covid, suppose it was also slightly hidden.

The Treetop Climb is still on the website, so thankfully looks like it's still at the park. :)

https://www.fantasyislandresort.co.uk/rides-and-attractions/tree-top-climb/

I am still completely clueless... has anyone got a Scooby Doo what Fantasy Island are teasing?
Well according to the teasers it's going to be "fast paced, immersive and highly interactive", and is "a brand new attraction with custom made, branded content".
Some sort of motion simulator perhaps?

Also, Spinning Racer is on site! :)

Is it some sort of traveling dark ride? That's my hunch from the teasers.