• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fårup Sommerland: General Discussion

More on-ride footage of Orkanen is up on Youtube. This video features footage from a couple of cameras mounted around the train:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl-vH_jHKVE#ws

That initial dive looks great. The only thing that I think could have been improved was the ending. Perhaps the final tunnel could have been a bit deeper and steeper for a pop of airtime, or they could have had water spilling from the lake down into the tunnel and below the train to just jazz it up a little?

A full POV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX7az9eehks#ws

Holy crap, what unbelievable pacing. And the turns have some of the best and funnest banking I've ever seen- combining the speed of the transitions with the lateness of the banking gives this the suspended coaster feel in the turns. I'm sure the lats will be insane, and you'll feel like you're being launched out of your seat. And I think it's lap-bars as well!

UK needs one of these.

What a great investment! I'd love to see one of these at Drayton or Chessie. They can't be very expensive and they certainly look the part, too.

I was really pleasantly impressed with that POV, I'd love for this to improve the success of the park.

I love how these new Vekoma FSCs don't have brake runs, they just use the station instead! :p

Blaze said:
Looks rather short to be honest.

Better than it being overly long and boring, losing all it's speed. When it's this short, it makes a very fast intense ride throughout. A bit like Nemesis or Oblivion in the mantra that a coaster should be entertaining throughout, and not just trying to put as much into one thing as possible.

It's just a small, short, sweet and simple family ride with some nice scenery and landscaping. It's quite obviously not trying to be anything other than a fun ride that fits in well with the other rides at the park.

And actually, I'd like to see something over here like this or Freedom Flyer! Legoland springs to mind for something like this (Chessie has Vampire and Alton could aim for a Vekoma Dragonfly as it'd be unique and we already know they were interested as they were considering one instead of Th13teen).

:)

It's actually properly gorgeous in real life... The POV has really green water though, which looks bleh...

Perfect coaster for the park, which is very family focused, and I'm sure it'll be a success...

CoasterClub Denmark have announced that the park are opening Hotel Fårup in 2016. Lovely!

10679578_10152672560245376_5455958783798498872_o.jpg

10154466_499935413442844_8681316402386684378_n.jpg

CoasterClub Denmark said:
Facts: 4 star hotel.
51 rooms.
Views of Hurricane and Falken.
Price: 45 million dollars.

(not sure why the second picture is so small but you get the idea)

Delightful.

This park is like a more developed Oakwood without the good woodie.

SpinRock at Liseberg has found a new home - Fårup Sommerland! It will be named Hvirvelvinden:
Fårup Sommerland said:
Try the wildest swing and spin! In 2017 we build whirlwind - our most daring theme ever. In the whirlwind you are thrown up and down from 19 meters height while you rotate around. But we warn you! You feel assured dizzy after a walk in the whirlwind. Are you among the tough and brave who dare?

hvirvelvinden.jpg

Source

Should be a nice addition for them!

:)

Sorry for the giant thread bump, but it would appear that Fårup are building a 37m (121.4ft) tall custom Vekoma roller coaster named Woodland for 2022: https://www.jammerbugt.dk/media/3507160/skema-til-screening-for-vvm-pligt.pdf

Not much else is known apart from that, but based on the fact they already have Lynet, I’m guessing it might well have a lift hill as opposed to a launch. So maybe we could be getting something in the vein of Lech Coaster here?

Whatever it is, a Vekoma coaster of that scale is bound to be exciting, surely? Although 121.4ft might not sound that tall, this ride will beat Piraten at Djurs as Denmark’s tallest coaster (Piraten is 101.7ft according to RCDB) by a whole 19.7ft, which is certainly big progress for the Danish coaster industry!

Sorry for the giant thread bump, but it would appear that Fårup are building a 37m (121.4ft) tall Vekoma roller coaster named Woodland for 2022: https://www.jammerbugt.dk/media/3507160/skema-til-screening-for-vvm-pligt.pdf

Not much else is known apart from that, but based on the fact they already have Lynet, I’m guessing it might well have a lift hill as opposed to a launch. So maybe we could be getting something in the vein of Lech Coaster here?

Whatever it is, a Vekoma coaster of that scale is bound to be exciting, surely? Although 121.4ft might not sound that tall, this ride will beat Piraten at Djurs as Denmark’s tallest coaster (Piraten is 101.7ft according to RCDB) by a whole 19.7ft, which is certainly big progress for the Danish coaster industry!
Just had a look, Vekoma have 41 coasters under construction. How do they deal with so many projects at once?! As for what sort this one will be, I have no idea. Could be something like Lech coaster, could be an STC, could be a Shockwave or something.

Just had a look, Vekoma have 41 coasters under construction. How do they deal with so many projects at once?!
They’ve always been a pretty huge company, and have a pretty big business in bulk sales and stock ride models; I’d imagine a fair percentage of those 41 coasters are probably duplicates of the same layout, as I know that many up and coming park chains in Asia have signed bulk deals with Vekoma to buy a load of the same layout for each of their different parks. For instance, the Transmart chain, based in Indonesia, has bought a ton of 247m Junior Coaster models (think Frida at Energylandia) for each of their different parks, and the Evergrande chain, based in China, have purchased loads of 550m Suspended Family Coasters.

As much as modern day Vekoma is known in the Western market for their lavish custom models like Lech Coaster, Vekoma still has a huge business in selling clones of stock layouts; it’s where the bulk of their business comes from. These days, a large proportion of the stock layouts are bought by buyers in Asia.

Farup is a fantastic park so good to see them continuing their investment.

Very solid line up, even if nothing is too spectacular. If this ends up being akin to Lech Coaster then mayyyybe something that'll hit that top quality level.

Vekoma's revival has truly been remarkable and definitely needed. I thought they had began their long goodbye about 5 to 6 years ago but they have really upped their game.

The more of the major manufacturers that are doing well the better it is for us coaster enthusiasts too surely. The extra competition should in theory bring costs down for parks. :)

This looks fantastic, and I’m sure it’ll please the many Lech fans on this site when they go and ride it, as I can see many similarities!

Overall, I think it looks great, and should represent a huge step for Fårup and for Danish coasters in general!