• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Favorite video games..

Yes they are both on my list! Annoying that the OG has left GamePass now but I definitely want to play them at some point.

What part are you up to in Hellblade? And how have you found the challenges so far? A lot of the reviews agree that having to do the same type of task where the solution isn’t often easy to find over and over again is repetitive and frustrating.

I can't remember exactly where, but I temporarily gave up because I got stuck, it was back in the summer, then too many other games took my attention. Monday is my next day off so I plan to re download it and get back on it, I will update on progress Monday.

What I do remember was I was stuck behind a door in an outdoor area, there were things to climb up, like small tower sort of things, it seemed like some sort of puzzle.

I love a gaming thread, it’s a big hobby of mine. I have a ps5, and a gaming laptop which can’t really play top of the line games but does fine with most of the things I want to play on there. I like games that tell a story and make me feel things both open world and linear style game play. But when I’m not in the mood for that I love simulation and sandbox style games.

My current number 1 has to be Red Dead Redemption 2, such an incredible game with a fantastic story, characters that I really get attached to. One of a few games to actually make me cry at points. I’ve played many new games since and although some have come close nothing has topped it yet for me. Maybe GTA6 will be the one.

The only game that has come close to RDR2 for me is both The Last of Us Part 1 and Part 2, another series that has moved me to tears and made me feel all sorts of emotions throughout.

Other favourites include Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Uncharted 1 through to lost legacy, GTA5 although I’m more than ready for the next instalment, The Mass Effect Trilogy, Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Cyberpunk has become a recent favourite too.

In terms of simulation/sandbox style games I like Planet Zoo, Planet Coaster, Two Point Hospital, Two Point Campus and The Sims 2.

I've been playing Borderlands 2 a lot recently. Such a great game but it's really burned me out. Really wanna move onto Hearts of Iron 4 next

I’ve been playing Penny’s big breakaway and it is incredible. Responsive controls, sharp level design.. it’s great. I’d recommend it to anyone, can be pretty funny when it wants to too! (Although, I do find pretty lame things funny, so, I’ll let you be the judge of that)

I’ve just completed the horror platformer “INSIDE”. Really fun and not too challenging, but with a very sinister undertone and a dreading soundtrack to boot. Only takes a few hours to complete the 12 chapters, but well worth a play as the finale is… unhinged.

It doesn’t rely on, or really have any, jump scares for anyone that would be put off by that sort of thing.

Last edited:
I completed Stray not to long ago. It’s a game wher you play as a cat who gets lost in a city populated by robots. It’s set in the future where humans are extinct.

Not the longest game, only about 10 hours or so, but I thought it was quite good. The story was decently done and the protagonist cat is adorable.

I completed Stray not to long ago. It’s a game wher you play as a cat who gets lost in a city populated by robots. It’s set in the future where humans are extinct.

Not the longest game, only about 10 hours or so, but I thought it was quite good. The story was decently done and the protagonist cat is adorable.
I loved Stray. It's a hidden gem, and I surprising found it an artistic masterpiece.

If you have a pet cat as well, it confuses the hell out of them. Mine were stroking the TV with their paws.

I've only just got round to playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Really enjoying it so far. Only about an hour in.
How does it compare so far to the other two games in the reboot series, assuming you’ve played them?

I think Shadow of the Tomb Raider is coming to game pass later this month so I’m looking forward to finally having the chance to play it!

I loved Stray. It's a hidden gem, and I surprising found it an artistic masterpiece.

If you have a pet cat as well, it confuses the hell out of them. Mine were stroking the TV with their paws.
Completely agree. I’m hoping for a sequel.

My cat didn’t seem to bothered by it, much to my disappointment.