• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

February Half Term: No opening in 2016

Opening the smiler (if that's possible now, with the new weather protocols) would be a good move IMO. Lots of people want to ride, and it would pull people to the usually quiet event. You can argue that it's a family event, but if they open two thrill rides last year, a different two this year would gain more people but have no effect on people who wouldn't ride anyway (families)

Personally think they should open as much as they can for training new staff but that's just stupid of me to think they would do it
I've given up caring what they actually do

Personally think they should open as much as they can for training new staff but that's just stupid of me to think they would do it
I've given up caring what they actually do

There is usually 3-4 weeks between half-term and the start of season, I doubt they could get a park full of staff to work, then not work for a few weeks and then work again. Also most seasonal staff won't really begin until Easter, the first few weeks are always quiet.

Towers still aren't confirming Feb half term, they just say nothing is confirmed and to see in the new year.
Considering staff have been told they'll find out when they start in the new year, It makes me think that Towers themselves aren't certain whether or not they will open yet.

FHT will all come down to budget. Towers budget's are being slashed next year it seems so they have to decide whether it is worth opening or not. Opening for a week would incur a relatively high cost (although I'd imagine a very poor ride line-up would help compensate) and I'm not sure admissions would cover these costs at all - FHT has been dead the last couple of years. But if the theme park is open hotel bookings are also likely to be up and this is probably seen as valuable revenue.

Right now they're probably trying how best to allocate budgets. I'd personally like them to scrap FHT and put the money into making the main season better than it is looking.

:)

I like the event, but if the money went to the park upkeep budget id be happy. That wont happen though.

Does not surprise me at all, besides opening without Air (or even Nemy) would've brought up a lot of challenges on the operating table.

It's a shame though however following last years events, it's safe to say 2016 will be a year for the park to try and soothe the massive wound they have now.

I'm not surprised, either. FHT last year was decent, but it was rather cold and wet, meaning a few of us ended up retreating to Dragon Bar on the last Sunday to stay warm. :p

So they are indeed counting whatever they're doing to ruin Air as a new attraction. How tinpot.

Half term not happening is a disappointment, hopefully it means the budget will be used elsewhere. But I doubt it.

Half term not happening is a disappointment, hopefully it means the budget will be used elsewhere. But I doubt it.
For me, the half term event last year was pretty dire. There was no atmosphere, 3 quarters of the park's ride's closed and nobody there. I'd rather wait until the main season to visit... and here's an excuse to visit BPB! :p

The Half Term event has been dire most of the years it has been open.

I would rather they push Christmas in 2016 and beyond. Perhaps get some larger rides open for Christmas and make it into a decent event and scrap FHT permanently.

The Half Term event has been dire most of the years it has been open.

I would rather they push Christmas in 2016 and beyond. Perhaps get some larger rides open for Christmas and make it into a decent event and scrap FHT permanently.
Agreed. If they try they could make the Christmas event something fantastic. I won't hold my breath though.

Tbf my only experience of FHT was that free day they did a few years ago which was fantastic. Mostly due to to being free like but still.

Only ever did half term once, it was cold and lacking in any atmosphere. Hoping the money gets invested into a bigger Christmas :)

Never saw the point with opening FHT.
Keep the park closed, do the maintenance for March main season.