• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Films That You Love

Favourite Film Genre

• Comedy

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Animated

• Rom-com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romantic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thriller

• Horror

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
I would really love to express my love for The Incredibles. I have watched the film COUNTLESS times and never seem to get bored of it. Every time I watch it, I notice something new that I haven't noticed before. The animation is incredible. You can see the emotion in the character's faces. The attention to detail is outstanding.

My favourite part of the film is probably the beginning. I felt confused at the beginning of the film. But after watching it again, what the three superheroes say in the beginning of the film becomes important. I love the contrast of what they say in the interview to when it's fifteen years later.

I could go on for hours, but chose not to! You guys are lucky! ;)

Hmmm my Top 3 Films/Film Series are:

SAW films
The Italian Job
Harry Brown

Also Threads is deserving of a special mention being only just outside of my top 3 (Who doesn't love seeing their own city getting nuked?)

A special shoutout however goes to The Snowman.

Other films I like that deserve a mention:

From Paris With Love
Harry Brown
Wallace & Gromit films
When The Wind Blows
Indiana Jones (The Raiders Of The Lost Ark is the best, then they head downhill to the Kingdom Of The Perspex Skull)

I can't vote on which type of film I like, I like different types of films for different reasons.

But some of my favourite films are:

The Shawshank redemption.
Green mile.
Thirteen days. Its all about the Cuban missile crisis and even though you know what the ending will be (we did not have a nuclear war) its builds tension and its scary to see how close we came.

I also saw a documentary about it recently and the world got closer to nuclear war than was shown in the film. A Russian sub actually had a nuclear tipped torpedo in one of its tube, the captain and the first officer wanted to fire it but thankfully there was the chief of staff on board that would not agree to the torpedo being fired. Vasili Alexandrovich Arkhipov probably saved the Russians and USA entering into a nuclear war.

But back to what I should be talking about....
Apollo 13 again a great tension builder, just how they make a scene of guys working out some calculations tense I am not sure but they do manage it.

Oceans 11 is another film I enjoy watching. I actually prefer the remake to the original version.

The recent Batman trilogy has been great and I really enjoyed them.

Thats about all I cant think of I am sure there are more.

At the moment the Avengers cinematic universe, so thats Hulk, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain A and Avengers.

All very good films but I absolutely love it when you have different story's in the same universe which interact with one another, probably why I love Portal and Half life so much.

Also Lord of the Rings.

American Psycho is also good (thanks to Oli!)