• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

I'd be happy with them trying the Enterprise thing again, it looked amazing ridiculous and it's a shame it didn't work 100%. Would like more lighting on the Towers again as well, remember it being used really well in 2011.

I also really really like the pre show music. Anyone know what it was? Shazam said it couldnt contact the internet.

I would hazard a very strong guess that the pre-show music was custom-IMAscore also. It certainly had that IMA sound.

IMAscore put together all of the music for the show and I think the bit of music used at the start likely was custom made by them, it shared some similarities to the finale music.

:)

Wow, that's a bit awkward from Alton Towers on Twitter! Towers - "we don't think IMAscore did it", IMAscore - "we most certainly did and it's exclusive for the show"! Good to see Towers know what was made especially for them!

Nice to see IMAscore saying that they will discuss what they can do regarding the release of the music with Towers. The best we can hope for is it on YouTube. However I fully expect Towers will turn around to them as say they do not want any of it released at all.

Jubilee Fireworks usually upload a really decent video for their portfolio on YouTube a month or so after the show with several view points and an overlay of the original track so you can't hear the bangs of fireworks and crowd as much which is always a half decent copy. - Though I imagine they'd likely cut the 5 min countdown out? :(

Did anybody notice notice the drone flying over near Sonic Spinball twice on Sunday night during the show? Hopefully that will have been filming too.

Jubilee Fireworks usually upload a really decent video for their portfolio on YouTube a month or so after the show with several view points and an overlay of the original track so you can't hear the bangs of fireworks and crowd as much which is always a half decent copy.

Videos where they mute the sound of the fireworks are always the worst! Hearing the bangs is 50% of the fun of a firework display.

Did anybody notice notice the drone flying over near Sonic Spinball twice on Sunday night during the show? Hopefully that will have been filming too.

Yes, I did and so did a lot of other people . As I watched it, I started to work out how many air law it broke.

Minimum Distance from structures

Minimum distance from crowds

Not operating with line of sight to the UAV.

Being within the minimum distance of pyrotechnic display.

These are the ones off the top of my head.
Anyone remember what happened to the last person to use a UAV over towers and posted it on YouTube?

There was two drones on Sunday. They had the relevant permissions to record the show. Looking forward to seeing the video of it when it is released :)

Yes, I did and so did a lot of other people . As I watched it, I started to work out how many air law it broke.

Minimum Distance from structures

Minimum distance from crowds

Not operating with line of sight to the UAV.

Being within the minimum distance of pyrotechnic display.

These are the ones off the top of my head.
Anyone remember what happened to the last person to use a UAV over towers and posted it on YouTube?
Didn't someone fly a drone really close to sonic, oblivion and the smiler?

Yeh but they're better for converting was my point ;)
Most converting sites only convert youtube videos under 20 minutes. Id imagine that the video would be around 25 :(. Would be great if IMAscore released it though.

Didn't someone fly a drone really close to sonic, oblivion and the smiler?
Yes, this did happen, and I believe those responsible got into quite a bit of trouble for it. Deservedly so, especially given that the rides were operating at the time!

Does anybody know what the music playlist for this year's fireworks display was? :)

I'm sure that's a company trade secret and will never be released to the public domain

Try emailing IMAscore, they're more likely to tell you than Towers!

I have uploaded the full fireworks display from Sunday to YouTube. Apologies for the sound not being brilliant at times, but it's the best I could do. :)

If they did fly a drone over the audience then Alton towers and the filming company were asking for trouble. I use the quad copter (a drone is a device that can do remote operations ie for the army but the press latched onto filming quadscopters/octocopters and called them drones and we all know how the press like to distort things). And they should NEVER be flown above crowds. It's illegal to start with. If it came down think how much that would do for Alton towers credibility! Im OK with it personally going up and doing a side shot with no people under but again legally its 100 metres from crowds and near no roads (which obviously sonic is near). Totally irresponsible if it was organised by the towers.