• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2018

Any reviews of the show? Also, is the rock by towers street the best place to stand?

The display is apparently Wicker Man themed this year, and some have said that it's the best display Towers have ever done! It features live actors and a lot of fire alongside the fireworks themselves, apparently!

Show was great, a nice selection of songs and the fire !
was stood at the front, if I had hair to loose it would have gone :eek:

being stood at the very front obviously not the best place to view the show, but ya get whats ya paid for I guess :rolleyes:

Looking at the lack of posts either not alot of people have seen them (which I can't believe as both nights are sold out ) or people just can't find anything negative to harp on about (heaven forbid they post positive rave reviews ) Why can people only ever be negative?

For anybody saying you have to arrive 2 hours early, please don't listen to them. I got a non blocked central view on the rock area 30 minutes before the show started. It was a great show, best on the last 3 years. The fire was great and seeing the main character was welcome. My only complaint was that it never built up to anything but the sections themselves were fantastic.

... or people just can't find anything negative to harp on about (heaven forbid they post positive rave reviews ) Why can people only ever be negative?
I don't think that's fair. There's been a lot of praise for Wicker Man this season, for instance.

Most people around here seem to be fair and praise where it's due and criticise where it's due.

Overheard some tykes making comment on the storyline for fireworks, two characters who are trespassing at Alton Towers yet the story gives them a magical show. The comment was so it’s okay to trespass and the park encourages it :rolleyes:

Big bangs and fire were great, one flame machine set fire to one of rain covers on a moving head due to the wind and had to be put out with fire extinguisher at the end but other than that the actual fireworks were better than previous years just not so sure on the story but hey they didn’t say resort, or least I didn’t think they did :D

Last edited:
Looking at the lack of posts either not alot of people have seen them ?
Nah, they are will all be three sheets to the wind by now. Last day of fireworks is traditionally one massive p¡ssup from the moment we wake up.
We might get some reports start trickling in tomorrow afternoon when people's heads start to clear.

Loved the show. Would say it's the best one I have seen for a few years.
Choice of songs were great. No lasers this year but it worked. Nice to see some unusual fireworks used too.
Think Alton did a great job today all round and so pleased I went.

Nice atmosphere on park today and got loads of rides in before lunch, then used fasttrack later. Did Wicker Man last at 855pm long 80min wait (only one of day) but so worth it, was kind of creepy leaving park with no one else around.

TBH, With a year full of cuts, bad ride operations and poor put through, I was dreading my visit this weekend.

All that I can say, it was quiet the opposite, the best two days out of the whole season. I got in first thing on both days, I didn't mess around, the ride operations and put through were great and I manage to get on all the rides (without the use of FT) that I came for before lunch. I manage to get on a couple of re-rides after lunch, but as expected, most rides had massive queues by the afternoon, so I avoided them.

As for the fireworks, I wasn't keen on the story line with he actors, but the actual fireworks display was amazing. The best ever. Due to the wind, they disable some of the fireworks on the Saturday. But Sunday there set them all off, so there were much more fireworks filling the sky.

I'm so pleased to have gone this year and only if they could be efficient with their ride operations and put through throughout the rest of the season.

The only ride that had a poor put through was Wicker man due to it being one train down since it broke down Wednesday night when I was there.

I also found out who was responsible for the "It's better than Nothing" post on social media, and it turns out to be someone that I know.

I also found out who was responsible for the "It's better than Nothing" post on social media, and it turns out to be someone that I know.

Such a terrible thing to tweet to customers and will always be remembered when things are rubbish at the park. 2018 certainly was the year of “It’s better than nothing” question is can they put the effort in and shake it off for 2019...

Unfortunately i was unable to get to the fireworks this year.
Saturday looks like it was a nightmare for traffic in stoke. As stoke city was playing.

So how did the weekend go. It been mentioned that some fireworks where deactivated for Saturday. How was conditions on park?

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Saturday looks like it was a nightmare for traffic in stoke. As stoke city was playing.

So how did the weekend go. It been mentioned that some fireworks where deactivated for Saturday. How was conditional on park?

Rides didn’t appear as maniac as usual fireworks, only Wickerman & Rita were OTT queue times, Rita with its traditional fastrack queue flowing out the gate.

Think a large portion decided to leave straight after fireworks, we went straight to Wickerman and got off before 9pm, straight to car park and there was very minimal cars leaving the park certainly no nose to tail queues like past years.

Must be said like @RoyJess said, it really was a decent day yesterday.

So how did the weekend go. It been mentioned that some fireworks where deactivated for Saturday. How was conditions on park?

Sorry for double post, just as Ringo said, and like I said, best two day of the season, goes to show that despite the removal of the single rider queues and baggage hold, it goes to show that the put through and ride operations can be good if the staff pull their finger out.

I did wicker man twice on Saturday evening and once on Sunday (bear in mind that I had priority passes which I saved for it from when it broke down on Wednesday night).

The park was quiet in the mornings, with the exception of Wickerman and The Smiler, all the rides was more or less walk on in the morning and busy by lunch time.

When the fireworks finished, I stayed put until the crowds dispersed, by the time I got on my last ride and walked back to the lodges, got the wheelchair packed away, getting out and the roads were clear.

What should have been the most manic day of the year, turned out to be the best for me for getting on the rides.

The only down side, is that you have to walk the whole length of the queue lines, they seem to go on for ever.

The show was geat.
The fire. !
:eek:
And all rounded off with the last ride on Nemmy with the staff
What a way to end the year
Feeling quite emotional

That could be the tiredness and hangover tho :rolleyes: