• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2019

ScottishChris

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Legend
So I go to the Towers website to get more details about the fireworks as I plan to take a couple of friends. When I have spent hundreds on a Merlin premium Pass are the 'highly recommending' I spend £5 to guarantee entry? Surely the hundred + pounds should be enough!

I have defended Towers in the past for their up-selling... but this?????

It’s not a new thing and was brought in after they completely under estimated the amount turning up and the park couldn’t cope (this was “TLC” years)

There’s a chance you could be turned away. Up to you if it’s worth it.

Last edited:
Last year I believe both days sold out (the Saturday definitely did) in advance so anyone turning up on the day who hadn’t prebooked didn’t get in.

This year it’s back to three days so the pressure might be taken off slightly, but it’s still a risk not prebooking, especially for the Saturday which is traditionally the busiest day.

It’s probably worth it to limit numbers to be honest the year I went was the one they totally screwed up, dangerously high number of people allowed in, half the food and drink outlets shut which resulted in queues around 45 mins for a coffee. Atmosphere was horrible and we left well before the fireworks

So I go to the Towers website to get more details about the fireworks as I plan to take a couple of friends. When I have spent hundreds on a Merlin premium Pass are the 'highly recommending' I spend £5 to guarantee entry? Surely the hundred + pounds should be enough!

I have defended Towers in the past for their up-selling... but this?????

You don't need to purchase the £5 to enter the park on fireworks providing that the park isn't a sell out. Last year the park sold out on both days before the day. So probably worth paying £5 to guarantee entry.

Like others have said, this year will be a 3 day event, so might alleviate the gate numbers a bit, however who knows, nothing is guaranteed in life

which resulted in queues around 45 mins for a coffee. Atmosphere was horrible and we left well before the fireworks

45 Minutes for a Coffee? :eek:

Jess and I visited the fireworks every year on all days since they been brought back (for the last 9 years). Jess always has a tea to warn her up, I've never queued for any length of time to get her a tea day or evening. If there is a queue, go to another outlet where there is less of a queue.

As for atmosphere, I've always thought the atmosphere was good on fireworks nights, we have never had any problems. We always wait until a good 30 mins or more after the fireworks finishes before we attempt to move to allow the crowds to disperse.

After the horrific 2016 event, the pre booking makes sense.

Fireworks has been way more enjoyable since they lowered the number of guests allowed in.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

So I thinking of doing the Sunday this year as I have have had a season pass and don't mind the tenner to guarantee entry. Assuming the rides are open until 9pm what time do the fireworks usually start? I also assume it will be big queues for the rides?

So I thinking of doing the Sunday this year as I have have had a season pass and don't mind the tenner to guarantee entry. Assuming the rides are open until 9pm what time do the fireworks usually start? I also assume it will be big queues for the rides?

The fireworks will start at 7pm. Rides are open until 9pm yes but Dark Forest, X Sector and Spinball will close sometime before the show starts, and remain closed until they have been deemed safe to re-open (usually sometime between 7.45pm and 8pm).

Capacity of the park is limited at the fireworks event but I would expect queues, yes.

^ Can confirm - when I rode during the show last year there were 6 people on the train

Never been during fireworks before but am planning on going for the Friday. Do Merlin pass holders have to buy a ticket to guarantee entry now?

Last edited:
Never been during fireworks before but am planning on going for the Friday. Do Merlin pass holders have to buy a ticket to guarantee empty now?

Yes. The park has been at capacity and numbers are capped lower than the park's actual maximum to avoid a bad day out. Therefore, to guarantee your entry, you need the £5.00 advance book ticket.

On park today and there are staff walking around asking for memories and reasons that you come back to Towers. Reckon this is going be something to do with the fireworks knowing they've done this in the past?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk