• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2021

They would have been better putting more of the flooring on the grass during the past few weeks of scarefest. As the bit where all the food kiosks was is really bad, and the same where the benches were just in front of the stage.

Construction update! :)

A few points:

- The setup is going to be slightly different from previous years.
- Looks like the stage will be staying for Fireworks.
-The lawns really do look very muddy, definitely welly conditions!

Last edited:
It does look like it's going to be a big show. I do wonder what it will be about and I'm excited to see how it celebrates they're 40 anniversary.

Very sensible decision. With the lawns being more heavily used this year, and the recent wet weather, it makes sense to have temporary flooring put in. Plus it means I'm not as likely to need spare footwear on Sunday night. :p

It’s a far better option to put the temporary flooring down, especially considering the forecast is a little iffy this weekend too. The lawns are already a mess, and putting this down will prevent even more damage and fewer complaints too. With the winter events coupled with the increased use of the lawns, there’s very little time for the grass to recover for next season, so anything they can do to help it along is a very good idea!

Very sensible decision. With the lawns being more heavily used this year, and the recent wet weather, it makes sense to have temporary flooring put in. Plus it means I'm not as likely to need spare footwear on Sunday night. :p
Very true. Plus, I didn’t really want my wellies falling off on Nemesis and injuring someone sat on The Blade…

Very true. Plus, I didn’t really want my wellies falling off on Nemesis and injuring someone sat on The Blade…
A few years back I was queueing for a Starflyer when a rider's welly fell off and hit the metal platform with a big thud. :eek::tearsofjoy:

Yes @Craig and @Jonathan say it's good that they're put the flooring down as I think the state of the lawns could have actually caused some serious injuries. I do hope the gardening team can get the lawns sorted for next year as the stage is planned to be there next year as far as we know.

Screenshot_20211105-000535.png

Does anyone know what the capacity has been limited to for the fireworks days. I know its lower than the normal maximum capacity but I was wondering if anyone had a figure