• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2023 šŸŽ†

Every year I tell myself that I can't justify the costs of going to the fireworks and that it is never worth the crowd levels... then they happen and I regret my choices! I'll need to make do with the videos on Youtube and perhaps BPB's half-arsed fireworks tonight.
I trust that all who visit Towers will have a great day!

Every year I tell myself that I can't justify the costs of going to the fireworks and that it is never worth the crowd levels... then they happen and I regret my choices! I'll need to make do with the videos on Youtube and perhaps BPB's half-arsed fireworks tonight.
I trust that all who visit Towers will have a great day!
Very easy to feel like that if you're not coming; however I do have to say that operations were dire yesterday. There were large chunks of the day when it wasn't really possible to do anything due to ride closures. Lots of people were angry and the queue of complainers at Guest Services at the end of the day was pretty long! Today will be worse with sold-out capacity and a much poorer forecast giving much more limited options for killing time.

The show was good as it always is but not standout for me. Some nice visual effects with projections etc but a weaker story than previous years and much less memorable music.

It's definitely been a year to forget for the park and it is showing.

Hello all were still at the caravan waiting for rain to die down already got our 4 wheel drive stuck in the campsite earlier luckily fellow campers helped us out to drop the dogs off. What time are where is everyone planning to meet?

Sorry, a bit slow on this one - but why are pass-holder pre-book tickets available for today and public ones aren't? First time I've seen this. Only logic I can see is that a pass-holder is less likely to complain/do anything about the hideous capacity issues/crowding?

Sorry, a bit slow on this one - but why are pass-holder pre-book tickets available for today and public ones aren't? First time I've seen this. Only logic I can see is that a pass-holder is less likely to complain/do anything about the hideous capacity issues/crowding?
I keep seeing posts on the MAP facebook of people cancelling pre books for today....could be that?

Hello all were still at the caravan waiting for rain to die down already got our 4 wheel drive stuck in the campsite earlier luckily fellow campers helped us out to drop the dogs off. What time are where is everyone planning to meet?
Someone give me a tinkle

First timer review of the fireworks here. Bloody brilliant. Kids were flabbergasted.. Yes the entertainment was awful and the soundtrack was a bit meh but the attention grabber is the actual fireworks for me.. Just wow. Don't know what those small bright white falling star ones are but there were beautiful. The 25 mins flew by. Would do it again but I might need an extra 50 layers of clothing šŸ˜‚

Anyone on park today able to confirm if its been the quietest day of the 3 ? Trying to plan for next season. Thanks

Anyone on park today able to confirm if its been the quietest day of the 3 ? Trying to plan for next season. Thanks
depends when the half term falls - normally the friday is the quietest but because half term was split across this week and last that wasn't the case, so normally it's friday

and if the merlin blackout days are anything to suggest for 2024 fireworks will be 4 days starting on thursday so that could be quieter too

Based on queues itā€™s certainly looked quieter. Donā€™t know if it being dry and oblivion being open has made a difference though.

Galactica had both stations open earlier and wicker man and smiler had all their trains on too so other than spinball being broken all day I think they have run a tight ship.

That said right now queues are touching up towards 90min-2h

Based on queues itā€™s certainly looked quieter. Donā€™t know if it being dry and oblivion being open has made a difference though.

Galactica had both stations open earlier and wicker man and smiler had all their trains on too so other than spinball being broken all day I think they have run a tight ship.

That said right now queues are touching up towards 90min-2h
On fireworks days I think a lot of visitors turn up late afternoon.

Crowd levels today aren't necessarily reflective for next year. The weather today is better than yesterday which put a lot of people off and made it feel somewhat quieter.

Crowd levels today aren't necessarily reflective for next year. The weather today is better than yesterday which put a lot of people off and made it feel somewhat quieter.
No I know that yet we cancelled going this year on the Friday due to the local kids being off when they were not for 2022. Thank you

Last edited: