• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

It said in the article it was to be a Vekoma. Shame it didn’t go ahead. They mentioned gaps in their offing was one of the reasons. One big gap the do have is trees, the park it desperate for some landscaping.

It said in the article it was to be a Vekoma. Shame it didn’t go ahead. They mentioned gaps in their offing was one of the reasons. One big gap the do have is trees, the park it desperate for some landscaping.
Ooh, a Vekoma? So a ride like Robin Hood or Loup-Garou, then!

Given that one is now a RMC (and the other is good at most) it would've just continued the modern Mingo trend of mediocre at best rides.

Given that one is now a RMC (and the other is good at most) it would've just continued the modern Mingo trend of mediocre at best rides.
It would certainly have been better than Hero, but then if it had gone in perhaps they wouldn't have been able to fit in the 10 looper.

Their worst decision was taking out the Wild Mouse to build Hero, IMO.

Never even been to Flamingo Land. Will make a day of it when the new coaster opens (only just read about it :grimacing:). I assume there will only be a few decent rides but that's cool.

Never even been to Flamingo Land. Will make a day of it when the new coaster opens (only just read about it :grimacing:). I assume there will only be a few decent rides but that's cool.
There are a few rides that are pretty good. Cliffhanger is very good, as are Kumali, Velocity and Mumbo Jumbo.

Haven't done the coasters myself yet (they're good from an enthusiast's point of view), but I've done Cliff hanger. I've also done Flip Flop which was ok. Hoping to go back myself after the ten-looper opens. :)

Lightwater Valley has a nicer atmosphere. Flamingo Land has the better ride selection (by a long way). But I'm agreed with @D4n where Lightwater Valley has Ultimate, Flamingo Land is missing a standout attraction. The new 10-looper will be good though!
Will it? I don't recall them announcing anything that will change this.
I'm confident the 10-looper will be a cut above everything else there!

A ten looper with lap bars will always be a standout ride. If Thorpe had got the lap bars on Colossus it would definitely rank much higher among enthusiasts.

Two day park if you are doing the regular queueline, especially under distancing rules.
Quote of the year last year...
"The queuebuster till needs a queuebuster queue...we could make a killing."
Half an hour to buy queuejump tickets...absolute chaos expected for the new coaster.

I like how every one on this forum absolutely rips the crap out of Flamingo Land and then makes out they know how to run a theme park properly. Yeah sure ok then. Flamingo Land gets so much unfair stick because of its operations, every theme park has its bad bits why attack flamingo land because it's there’s?

Last edited by a moderator: