• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flat Rides: What would you like to see come to the park?

The park needs high capacity flat rides. At least half of what you listed are not including a Nebulaz which is among the slowest dispatching permanent ride I have ever seen.
to be fair thorpe operate their dodgems well - though I assume they'd be more popular at towers due to the more family demographic

They majorly suffer from half of them being cheap crap.

A properly operated Flying Carpet from say Zierer will get 650-700pph and be fun as a support ride.
The Zierer suspended flying carpet Monsunen at Tivoli Gardens is a fantastic ride and one that feels like it would be a great fit for Alton Towers in terms of ride experience and thrill level. I’m not sure if Zierer still manufactures those suspended carpets but they have an interesting concept ride called the Ellipse Flyer that looks like a spiritual successor to the magic carpets but with rotating gondolas.

IMG_8425.jpeg

Last edited:
The park badly needs a indoors water ride like valhalla too
They could kind of achieve this with the dungeons building. Add in a few squirts and overhead water effects and you’d have a fun ride, albeit a tame one unless they reengineered the troughs to accommodate and add in a couple of drops.

Providing it could carry a 1.2 restriction, a suspended carpet would be perfect for Forbidden Valley in place of the Top Spin we all but know it is going to get. It could easily be themed to that new warzone military theme that they seem to be going for.

Having a third 1.4 restriction flat in Forbidden Valley is a mistake. That's too many concentrated in a single area, making it an uncomfortable place for younger families to visit, with only Blade in the area, and Alton Manor outside of it. A Top Spin should have gone in Dark Forest instead where Thirteen and Hex are nearby. It would also have had the added benefit of being seen as more 'new' rather than a homage to Ripsaw, which sat on the site next to it for a number of years.

I'm sure this new Ocean project will be great and I like the fact they're investing in making it more interesting, but Forbidden Valley is starting to feel like a sequel to it's better days, especially with all the silly cringe worthy fan service "easter eggs" being egotistically spray painted everywhere.

Aren't Tourbillions meant to be hideous?

FV can probably get away with having 3 1.4M+ rides, considering there's 2 areas with nothing tall in the park and Gloomy Wood is nearby

Aren't Tourbillions meant to be hideous?

FV can probably get away with having 3 1.4M+ rides, considering there's 2 areas with nothing tall in the park and Gloomy Wood is nearby
Not been on one (has anyone?) But they look very pretty swirling around. It could be the new Submission!

The only two Tourbillons in the world (both at Six Flags parks) get absolutely abysmal reviews. Let’s not have one of those please.

Also no NebulaZ either. They have a capacity of about 3 riders per quarter.

I went on a Tourbillon back in 2018 (it was closed, like many other things, upon returning to SFGrAd last month). They look cool offride, but are utterly bored barnes on ride.

I went on a Tourbillon back in 2018 (it was closed, like many other things, upon returning to SFGrAd last month). They look cool offride, but are utterly bored barnes on ride.
I'm guessing that's because the rotation speed is constant, so you're just being slowly turned on all axis, rather than any dynamic changes in G force?

I'm guessing that's because the rotation speed is constant, so you're just being slowly turned on all axis, rather than any dynamic changes in G force?
Yep, pretty much, there are no noticeable forces. The only thing going for them is that they do look good offride, and one would fit on the Submission site.