• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

I’d take that over a £9.50 one though. Actually if you buy 2 for a tenner does it exceed the length of the £9.50 one I wonder! Obviously towers have had to introduce this due to poor sales.

I mean it’s great that they’re offering a cheaper alternative but that looks so tragic. I demand more meat between my bread!

Reminds me of the breakfast in a pizza box scandal from a year or so ago served on park.
IMG_4146.jpeg
If Project Ocean somehow has an aquatic theme (unlikely I know), they can cash in on the virality of this photo and sell 'tadpole fried eggs' at the shop for £10 a go. Aramark would probably give it the go ahead.

Just visited Gardaland. They had a massive quick service restaurant serving a decent selection of dishes. At a good price.
Also ate in the Corsair area (can't believe I missed it by 2 weeks) and it was a proper sit down restaurant with someone taking your order.
And the next day had a grilled sandwich meal from another stand.
Plenty of food options around the park and almost all of it seemed to be competitively priced.

Seems it's in the UK were Merlin and Aramark can serve overpriced slop and get away with it.

The thing is, I’ve had reasonably good well-priced Aramark food before at other parks outside Merlin. PortAventura’s catering is all Aramark, and I had some really great food when I went last year (the noodle place near DK is fantastic - when it’s open).

The problems seem to be specifically UK Aramark in conjunction with Merlin.

And the main pressing issue seems to be the Aramark outlets in Alton Towers (we had two rounds of Aramark food in Legoland, in the pirare area; a bit pricy for what it was and not the same flare as the food had at Paultons, but similar portions and we survived).

Skimming the reviews the Aramark food at Thorpe Park, etc, mostly illicits a "eh..." rather than the "ugh!" at Alton Towers (again I personally think the awkward, semi-remote location not helping with local supplies and staff recruitment/retention play a role).

Also the elephant in the room is the fast food imdustry being crisis and getting overpriced, plus the contracts with PepsiCo that may been signed by Tussauds around the time the Berlin Wall fell must've been getting harder and harder for Merlin to keep renewing....