• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

Looks like Aramark are continuing their high reputation of food standards. This was on Facebook today. Read a few comments on Tripadvisor as well of people being poorly after eating food in the hotels.

Attachments

• IMG_9985.jpeg
    IMG_9985.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 117
Looks like Aramark are continuing their high reputation of food standards. This was on Facebook today. Read a few comments on Tripadvisor as well of people being poorly after eating food in the hotels.

If there are multiple comments then maybe but that screenshotted one the person says they all ate the same but only the husband got ill which would suggest something else.

To be fair the only time I have ever had food poisoning was at Towers and that was long before Aramark took over (pie and mash)

I got badly from Just Chicken in 2013. Can be anything touched prior to eating, a bug etc

Now my repeated h&s catering training suggested that the biggest source of poisoning with finger foods from takeaways was undoubtedly the fingers consuming it.
Wash your hands before eating finger food.
Rarely happens, but that is the "common cause".
All those ride lapbars, all those fences.

Now my repeated h&s catering training suggested that the biggest source of poisoning with finger foods from takeaways was undoubtedly the fingers consuming it.
Wash your hands before eating finger food.
Rarely happens, but that is the "common cause".
All those ride lapbars, all those fences.
Having sniffed the beautiful aroma of the Smilers OTSR's on a warm day I would not go near eating food without washing my hands. Whether or not there is actually hot water & soap in the toilet sinks is another matter.

At Towers today and Aramark have stopped doing non dairy frothy coffee due to an updated allergy policy.
So although Thorpe can still cope with cleaning their milk frothers and making coffee for all guests, Towers have decided they can’t. Add to that the lack of vegan cake and makes you wonder just how much they really do want me to have a fantastical day…

I’ve been to guest services who trotted out the usual “it’s not us; it’s Aramark etc etc”. But this isn’t good enough. Aramark are a sub contractor of Merlin - manage your subs!!

At Towers today and Aramark have stopped doing non dairy frothy coffee due to an updated allergy policy.
So although Thorpe can still cope with cleaning their milk frothers and making coffee for all guests, Towers have decided they can’t. Add to that the lack of vegan cake and makes you wonder just how much they really do want me to have a fantastical day…

I’ve been to guest services who trotted out the usual “it’s not us; it’s Aramark etc etc”. But this isn’t good enough. Aramark are a sub contractor of Merlin - manage your subs!!
I wonder whether this is a knee jerk reaction to the tragic death of a young girl in a Costa Coffee recently? That was largely down to a miscommunication, but there have been other cases where cross contamination in making coffees have lead to allergic reactions. It is why I will not have a coffee with steamed milk from cafes that serve almond milk, a wipe with a cloth that almost certainly has various milks on it doesn't really do the job.

I wonder whether this is a knee jerk reaction to the tragic death of a young girl in a Costa Coffee recently? That was largely down to a miscommunication, but there have been other cases where cross contamination in making coffees have lead to allergic reactions. It is why I will not have a coffee with steamed milk from cafes that serve almond milk, a wipe with a cloth that almost certainly has various milks on it doesn't really do the job.
I think it might be - but the fact it’s towers specific and not all sites is a puzzle.

Most coffee machines seem to have 2 frothers, I can’t see why one can’t be designated dairy and the other non dairy.

I know this wouldn't help those with serious allergies, but for those of us for whom it’s a preference or a mild issue it seems a sensible and fairly simple thing to do.

Edit to add, was at LLW yesterday and no such problems. Multiple vegan cake options, GF Victoria sponge, non dairy frothy coffee all easily obtainable. The only outlet that doesn’t do non dairy is the auto shop place because it’s make your own. (Which you would’ve though would be discounted because you have to DIY)

That sounds like the simpler option is to not offer almond milk, just have soya and oat. Almond is one of the worst for the environment anyway.

That sounds like the simpler option is to not offer almond milk, just have soya and oat. Almond is one of the worst for the environment anyway.
Oh I completely agree, but am very biased in that regard!

Most of the cross contamination issues in coffee shops are due to those that cannot drink dairy accidently ending up with dairy milk in their coffee. As obviously dairy milk is used much more frequently than say almond milk. Almond milk is indeed bad for the environment.

Like all things Aramark, they've just taken the simplest solution here that makes things easier for them and not for many of their customers.

I think it’s important to stress though, not all Aramark - just towers Aramark.

Towers who are already abysmal at catering for different diets. I can’t help feeling it’s a local management thing rather than a corporate Aramark thing.

I have a mild nut intolerance (they make me feel very unwell and throw up, it's not fun, but I'm not in any real danger). I'm absolutely fine with "made in a factory that handles nuts" and so forth, as it needs more than trace ammounts to trigger it.
I've been to eateries that treat this just as seriously as major alergy, and refuse to serve me items, even when I tell them I've eaten this before and had no issue.

It's arse-covering at the corporate level. Not because they care about customers, but because they care about getting sued.

I have a mild nut intolerance (they make me feel very unwell and throw up, it's not fun, but I'm not in any real danger). I'm absolutely fine with "made in a factory that handles nuts" and so forth, as it needs more than trace ammounts to trigger it.
I've been to eateries that treat this just as seriously as major alergy, and refuse to serve me items, even when I tell them I've eaten this before and had no issue.

It's arse-covering at the corporate level. Not because they care about customers, but because they care about getting sued.
But if that’s the case why are LLW, Thorpe and Warwick still able to make non dairy frothy coffee?

I have a picture in my mind of an evil looking Aramark manager at towers laughing maniacally as they say NO COFFEE OR CAKE FOR THE VEGANS MWAHAHAHAHAHA