• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

Why is it in a huge pizza box? :tearsofjoy:

It's a crap breakfast but if it was presented in a smaller sized box it would look a lot better and wouldn't be doing the rounds on social media.
Because there's zero thought into the presentation of things at the resort. It's the same reason the bacon is just thrown out into a cast iron pot where it all just amalgamates into one big mass of the stuff (See the hotel topic for other rants on that side of things). Just get the breakfast they requested to them, with zero thoughts on how it all looks or whether it stays warm or remotely edible.
Or if the breakfast was big enough to fill the box.
If that breakfast filled the box it'd be falling out of the bottom before it even got to the guests at the treehouse. For the money paid at the treehouses, there should be appropriate containers for the breakfast. No cardboard pizza boxes, either serve it up individually on covered plates, or provide it "buffet" style in proper containers for all guests to allow them to plate it up as they choose at their treehouse. At the absolute bare minimum, there should be tin foil on that box and a proper container for the beans.

...or present it all in a simple takeaway polystyrene box with a lid, they cost about 3p each, far less if buying in bulk.
That would not have made the papers.
But cut those costs in the race to the bottom.

...or present it all in a simple takeaway polystyrene box with a lid, they cost about 3p each, far less if buying in bulk.
That would not have made the papers.
But cut those costs in the race to the bottom.
I don’t even think this was cost cutting (except on hiring better staff), it was poor management. Someone should have realised they couldn’t serve the correct product, but instead of taking ownership of the situation and saying “unfortunately we can’t offer room service today, please come to the restaurant” or sensibility serving on plates with foil, they just bodged it and hoped for the best.
It’s obvious no one in that kitchen cared about their job and the product they’re presenting. It’s just get paid minimum wage to slop it out.

I’m glad it’s in the press and I hope there are more stories like this highlighting the poor food and high prices. It’s the only way Merlin will listen if profits are hit, they sure as hell don’t care about guest experiences on Tripadvisor.

Weirdly they actually do take note of trip advisor but the organisation almost has a split personality, where one side is looking at the reviews etc and screaming whilst the other side makes bonkers decisions.

All this was started under Varney so you have to hope the new CEO takes some remedial action.

The best breakfast in Alton? Easy - the Chained Oak B&B, where I stay every time. Lizzie and her husband cook up an amazing breakfast that fills me up for an action packed day, before I walk up the road to save myself £6 parking and burn off all the calories throughout the day. Obviously you can’t just pop into the Chained Oak for your breakfast. 😂 But when I go and visit for a couple of days, I’ll settle for nothing less when it comes to brilliant accommodation.

Whilst it's sad to see Alton in the press for the wrong reasons - I am actually quite glad as it might promote long term change.

Came here to say the same thing. I’m always first to jump into the comments section and defend the sensationalist “guests stuck on a rollercoaster upside down for 3 days” type stories, but for me, accommodation and F&B really need to be dragged through the mud a bit in the press if we’re ever likely to see any changes.

4a20df220c9c6d6bbeb01090307593ec.png

The fantasmagorical room service breakfast really has reached far and wide. I am glad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Came here to say the same thing. I’m always first to jump into the comments section and defend the sensationalist “guests stuck on a rollercoaster upside down for 3 days” type stories, but for me, accommodation and F&B really need to be dragged through the mud a bit in the press if we’re ever likely to see any changes.

Top tip, don’t jump into the comments to defend those posts. The reason news outlets keeps posting such pictures is because all the geeks swarm to the post to argue it and this increases the post engagement and therefore advert revenue. They don’t care why people are posting, they just see that stuck roller coasters get high engagement so post them more.

Top tip, don’t jump into the comments to defend those posts. The reason news outlets keeps posting such pictures is because all the geeks swarm to the post to argue it and this increases the post engagement and therefore advert revenue. They don’t care why people are posting, they just see that stuck roller coasters get high engagement so post them more.

Keeping 50 nonsense comments from joe public saying how “Alton Towers is so dangerous!!!!1” and doing away with one common sense response from me and my adblocker isn’t really going to influence their editorial decisions sadly.

Keeping 50 nonsense comments from joe public saying how “Alton Towers is so dangerous!!!!1” and doing away with one common sense response from me and my adblocker isn’t really going to influence their editorial decisions sadly.
Getting ad revenue from you personally isn't what they want, sure it's just one comment, but what if 40+ others decide to do the same? As an example, say those 40 enthusiasts comment on a "Coaster stuck for an hour" post with reasoned arguments in response to those "xx park is so dangerous" comments. You may not click through and read the article with the ads, but those comments bump the post up in your friend's newsfeeds and the wider algorithm, increasing exposure of that article and thus their website to potentially thousands of others. They're the people that will click through to the article and be exposed to their ads.

But anyway, getting back to the main topic again. It's been fascinating to see just how much this story spread considering it first cropped up on here weeks ago. I doubt it's going to be bringing in immediate wider changes just yet. But, it should serve as a warning shot that there's potentially going to be a bit more of an eye on presentation standards at Alton Towers this year as that breakfast pic will be in people's minds. Only takes a dodgy dry burger to be sent into the papers to start a whole other cycle of press coverage.

When Wetherspoon can serve a good size full English breakfast with good quality sausages and unlimited Lavazza coffee at the price they do (when they get it out hot - if they don't they always sort it no quibble), it makes you wonder how this price / quality ratio can be justified. I don't expect them to match Wetherspoon prices, but the difference is ridiculous.

JUST GIVE TIM MARTIN THE CONTRACT!