• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

At least there's a kids cheeseburger on the menu now. Last year at Chessington after amacack took over the kids could only have a hamburger, inexplicably cheese couldn't be provided even by paying for it. They had cheese in the kitchen and adult cheeseburger was available, but no other cheese could be teased out of them. Mental.

Last edited:
Perhaps the smaller menu offering is due in part to the less staff they will be able to attract to the role, therefore anyone can create this food with very little training

I would assume free tap water will also be available, as providing that is a legal requirement for restaurants.
No it isn’t. Only licensed premises serving alcohol need to provide free tap water.

Water is £1 more expensive than a Capri Sun. Where’s the logic here?
It’s probable that the capri-sun is a kids size like 200ml but water is a 500ml bottle.

No it isn’t. Only licensed premises serving alcohol need to provide free tap water.

It’s probable that the capri-sun is a kids size like 200ml but water is a 500ml bottle.
Tbh I always assumed it was anywhere with a hot food license

What I don't understand is when we had a financial crunch before as a country they added high street chains into the parks (cwoa & AT). This was to help bring costs down and encourage more people to visit and stay longer. If towers etc start getting known for poor value it's long term effect will make people not visit or bring a picnic. Thus resulting in less people staying overnight.

And yes what they did to the theming of the McDonald's in Chessington's transilvania was unforgivable. It was a fantastic experience in its self.

...at least two decades!
See you in the express parking.
Don't forget the hot dogs in a flask!
What sort of hot dogs are we talking @rob666 ? Herta 'fresh' ones, jarred or tinned?

I'd never considered that they might last in hot water for several hours without totally disintegrating.

Oh, taken several types over the years, but big, good quality ones, with a separate food flask with the fried onions in.
Had no problem with them falling apart, but they stay in the car until lunch.
Which hero on here was it who mentioned them in the first place?

Reviews are starting to come in now on Tripadvisor from people attending the pirate takeover and staying in the hotels and the reviews are not great. As expected, nearly every review mentions the price of food and drink. They also go on to critique the poor quality of the food on offer.