• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

Likewise Dave.

So… Just thinking of what food isn’t coming from Aramark:

Eastern Express
Rollover Dogs
Costa

Anything else?

Likewise Dave.

So… Just thinking of what food isn’t coming from Aramark:

Eastern Express
Rollover Dogs
Costa

Anything else?

It depends what you mean by ‘coming from Aramark’. The locations serving hotdogs and Costa Coffee are still staffed and run by Aramark, they just purchase the products from Rollover and Costa respectively.

Eastern Express and Forest Feast are the only locations not run by them, as they are run by Thornbury Hall.

You can see all the locations now run by Aramark here, as they have ‘Aramark@‘ in the name now.

Ok , which places don’t sell food which is made by Aramark?
Just Eastern Express and Forest Feast are run by Thornbury Hall.

But it depends what you mean by “food made by” Eastern Express is almost certainly buying in the doner kebab meat already cooked, they aren’t making it. The curries they might make from scratch and reheat.

Just like Aramark will be buying in burger patties and rollover brand hotdogs, as well as Coca Cola brand drinks and Costa brand coffee. The only place they will actually be making anything from scratch really is the hotels. Not sure about pizza bases for the buffet and some of the salad might be chopped on site, the pasta comes in ready done and is just reheated then put in the Bain-Marie.

£6 for a couple of sandwiches. They have absolutely no shame. Imagine how many sandwiches you could make from somewhere like Tesco (for example) for up to £6? It's 85p for a standard loaf of bread and £1.25 for 5 slices of corned beef. Add in a negligible amount for a bit of margarine. I reckon you could get at least 20 sandwiches out of that if we're counting a sandwich as if there are 2 sandwiches in those packs above. Mental.

It's actually one sandwich cut into two 😂
Well, yes, maybe. Not sure how different people count it when they're cut in half, if that makes sense. Either way, it's either 10+ Tesco sandwiches compared to their 1, or 20+ Tesco sandwiches compared to their 2. It's not a good look either way :)

Last edited:
Well, yes, maybe. Not sure how different people count it when they're cut in half, if that makes sense. Either way, it's either 10+ Tesco sandwiches compared to their 1, or 20+ Tesco sandwiches compared to their 2. It's not a good look either way :)
A fairer comparison might be the prepacked sandwiches in the fridge, which Tesco would sell 2 of (and give some change!) for the same price, and even that's marked up to make their £3.50 meal deal seem more of a bargain.

If Woodcutters remains the same as last season, it'll be perfectly adequate.

Disappointed to see status quo offerings generally though.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

A fairer comparison might be the prepacked sandwiches in the fridge, which Tesco would sell 2 of (and give some change!) for the same price, and even that's marked up to make their £3.50 meal deal seem more of a bargain.
Even Tescos new premium meal deal is only £5 and of good quality

A fairer comparison would be a service station - it’s a similar scenario in that you are a ‘captive audience’ and therefore expect to pay more in these situations.

It seems even BP will flog you a meal deal for £1.10 cheaper than an Aramark sandwich.

CF181CB1-CE12-405D-ADD8-225F6C106176.jpeg

Yep. They're pushing the profiteering to the point that even though you expect to pay a bit more in these situations, the extent that they are doing it leaves a bad taste (pardon the pun).

Having just come back from a midweek at Butlins, it really made me think about the absolute state and poor value of the food offering at Towers, especially at the hotel.

Frequently when comparisons are made comments crop up that 'not even at Butlins' would you get x, y or z, as if it is some low point marker. I'm not saying that they are serving up anything Michelin starred, but they blow Towers offering clean out of the water.

From the top of my head...
Breakfast every day:
Bacon, sausage, heinz beans, tinned toms, fresh fried toms (during a tomato shortage!), veggie sausage, hash browns, button mushrooms, eggs fried, scrambled or boiled, black pudding, fried slice, brown or white toast.
Porridge.
Omelette made to order with wide filling choices.
Multiple branded cereals, musli, yoghurt.
Bread rolls, cheeses, ham selection.
Fresh water melon, honeydew, bananas, oranges, apples.
All branded condiments, preserves and spreads including heinz sauces, Marmite, jams etc.
Pastries, Danish, pan au choc,
Wide juice selection, including orange, apples, lemon and lime, and my favourite rose pear.
Every sort of hot drink you can think of.
All unlimited

Dinner:
A huge selection...
Hot and cold startes, soups, prawns, pate, salad etc.
Every day a different meat carvery, all the trimmings.
Every day a different selection of pies.
Every day a different selection of veg and potatoes.
Every day random specials, think hunters chicken, pork chops, herb crumbed fish fillets.
Every day a different world cuisine. Thurs was tex mex with a good hot chilli, a mild chilli, rice, enchiladas, nachos, and amazingly, hickory smoked racks of ribs. Big, proper succulent, clearly slow cooked racks of ribs, in a smokey bbq sauce as good as any chain restraunt that would charge you about £20 for a portion. I went back for thirds.
Pizza out of a proper pizza oven.
Made to order pasta with huge combinations of ingredients and sauces.
Big children's selection
Hot desert of the day.
A choice of about 6 cold desters daily; think cheesecakes, roulades, gateaux, jelly, yogurt
Ice cream factory
Loads of fresh fruit
Cheeses (blue, brie, cheddar) and crackers.
And all the juices and hot drinks again.

The quantity does not hit the quality. It is genuinely excellent, tasty, well made food. And I'm a bit of a food snob sometimes.

The cost? £64 per person for 4 days of breakfast and dinner. And they are serving a similarly captive market ad Towers, and are making a good profit. There is no excuse or justification at all for anything towers are doing.

Having just come back from a midweek at Butlins, it really made me think about the absolute state and poor value of the food offering at Towers, especially at the hotel.

Frequently when comparisons are made comments crop up that 'not even at Butlins' would you get x, y or z, as if it is some low point marker. I'm not saying that they are serving up anything Michelin starred, but they blow Towers offering clean out of the water.

From the top of my head...
Breakfast every day:
Bacon, sausage, heinz beans, tinned toms, fresh fried toms (during a tomato shortage!), veggie sausage, hash browns, button mushrooms, eggs fried, scrambled or boiled, black pudding, fried slice, brown or white toast.
Porridge.
Omelette made to order with wide filling choices.
Multiple branded cereals, musli, yoghurt.
Bread rolls, cheeses, ham selection.
Fresh water melon, honeydew, bananas, oranges, apples.
All branded condiments, preserves and spreads including heinz sauces, Marmite, jams etc.
Pastries, Danish, pan au choc,
Wide juice selection, including orange, apples, lemon and lime, and my favourite rose pear.
Every sort of hot drink you can think of.
All unlimited

Dinner:
A huge selection...
Hot and cold startes, soups, prawns, pate, salad etc.
Every day a different meat carvery, all the trimmings.
Every day a different selection of pies.
Every day a different selection of veg and potatoes.
Every day random specials, think hunters chicken, pork chops, herb crumbed fish fillets.
Every day a different world cuisine. Thurs was tex mex with a good hot chilli, a mild chilli, rice, enchiladas, nachos, and amazingly, hickory smoked racks of ribs. Big, proper succulent, clearly slow cooked racks of ribs, in a smokey bbq sauce as good as any chain restraunt that would charge you about £20 for a portion. I went back for thirds.
Pizza out of a proper pizza oven.
Made to order pasta with huge combinations of ingredients and sauces.
Big children's selection
Hot desert of the day.
A choice of about 6 cold desters daily; think cheesecakes, roulades, gateaux, jelly, yogurt
Ice cream factory
Loads of fresh fruit
Cheeses (blue, brie, cheddar) and crackers.
And all the juices and hot drinks again.

The quantity does not hit the quality. It is genuinely excellent, tasty, well made food. And I'm a bit of a food snob sometimes.

The cost? £64 per person for 4 days of breakfast and dinner. And they are serving a similarly captive market ad Towers, and are making a good profit. There is no excuse or justification at all for anything towers are doing.
We go to butlins at least once a year and agree with everything you say...you really cannot fault the price or standard of the food

Towers wouldn't have the same turnover of food as butlins as they're catering for a lot of people per sitting...but i'm sure they could do a far better job as they have been doing...even before the takeover

Saying that though i'd probably say an evening meal is sort of on a par with flambos but with less choice...but obviously far better value

It makes me laugh on here when you see put downs of butlins...i saw a comment on the hotels thread saying the entertainment was that bad it was like something you'd see at butlins

No it isn't...it really isn't