• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

They need a way to delay the screens accepting orders once a certain number of fulfilment are outstanding, or displaying an accurate wait time on the screen before taking payment.
If you ever open a fast food outlet, tell me the name and remind me never to come - otherwise you’d be serving near-on cold food.

Yep, I did. rob666 has already mainly agreed that it couldn’t work. I have recently posted about a situation in McDonald’s Kingston in the Pet Hates thread where basically they were taking too many orders and the system could just not cope. Your idea would lead to more of this.

This country is very good at snatching your money then providing a crap service. The public transport system is broken and living proof of that. Fast food outlets are part of this problem. Heck, I dislike Greggs serving their hot food near-on cold so much I avoid it.

Express parking shroods are taking a luxury picnic that would cost £20 for 4 and laughing at the schlepps buying one terrible hot dog and fries for close to the same money (we eat what's left on the way home). £12 plus 20 = 32 - 4 shit hot dogs = quids in

Yep, I did. rob666 has already mainly agreed that it couldn’t work. I have recently posted about a situation in McDonald’s Kingston in the Pet Hates thread where basically they were taking too many orders and the system could just not cope. Your idea would lead to more of this.
🤔 @pluk said they should stop taking orders when they have too many to fufill in a timely manner. It would solve exactly the issue you describe.

With that said, it won't ever be implemented because (as others have alluded to) they'd rather take your money upfront and deal with the complaints than turn you away.

🤔 @pluk said they should stop taking orders when they have too many to fufill in a timely manner. It would solve exactly the issue you describe.

With that said, it won't ever be implemented because (as others have alluded to) they'd rather take your money upfront and deal with the complaints than turn you away.
Reports that this year's Burger Kitchen offering is worse than last years - I mean I can't believe that is true as last years was barely edible!

If you ever open a fast food outlet, tell me the name and remind me never to come - otherwise you’d be serving near-on cold food.
No, stopping taking orders when too busy would mean they aren’t serving any food as you would be unable to order.

Welcome to the wacky world of budget outsourcing!
I had burgers from BK at AT a number of times - I mean you are talking minimum levels of acceptability for the price - also tried Chessington and that somehow managed to be a level of 2-3 times worse than AT - presumably because that was already Aramark?

Yes I’m off topic, but I’m currently two free meals up with McDonald’s after waiting 20 minutes for badly made food, complaining in the survey on the receipt and then they sent me a free meal as an apology. My original order was only the wrap of the day at £1.99. So although not everyone would complain, if enough do then it would actually cost more than if they just stopped taking orders once too busy.

What's becoming really sad is the pride has gone out of customer service with profit and what we can get away with being the norm. Sadly Theme Parks and most on mass entertainment have realised this with the customer facing higher prices for a substandard product.

Last year's BK was edible. Scarily it was better than the burger I had at Europa on my visit (thanks to staff shortages)

Eastern Express was my go to on Saturday. Was same as always, just more expensive.

Last year's BK was edible. Scarily it was better than the burger I had at Europa on my visit (thanks to staff shortages)

Eastern Express was my go to on Saturday. Was same as always, just more expensive.
Yeah edible but hardly a gourmet experience - filled a hole and kept teenagers happy for 20 mins - but not the best

Yes, I agree to both of these - I didn’t suggest they should stop taking orders or not implement it. There’s a high chance of serving colder food if the latter was implemented.

Try again 🤣🤣

I don’t really buy them knowingly allowing this to happen at a corporate decision making level either. Even the worst company would know that the damage done in that situation is not worth the small profit being made on that individual sale. It is a bit of an unintended consequence of the system, I'm sure they'll put something in place if it persistently an issue.

Service was very slow in Woodcutters on Saturday. It has been slow on occasions in previous years, although the last couple of years it's not been so bad. The food itself was fine, no noticeable difference in quality from last year and the menu is the same.

Also, Corona off on the first day of the season? I opted for coke instead.

I must be alone in thinking that besides the issue of delivery drivers crowding the outlets and order queues, service at McDonalds has significantly improved in recent years.
Definitely not alone, I fully approve of self-service kiosks in a quick-serve F&B environment. Find them very efficient, and much prefer to use them when I can.

However, fully appreciate that there are those that want a personal touch, so kiosks should always be an option, rather than the only route.

I imagine the issue now in the likes of just chicken and BK, is you’ll be able to place your order fairly quickly, as there are a lot more touch screens compared to open tills (you would never find all those tills open at towers since the smiler crash, in fact they actually removed a load to make it look less worse), but you’ll now be waiting ages for your food, as I guess the kitchen and staff behind the counter won’t have gotten any bigger. Where as before you could queue ages to order but then not wait as long for your meal at the collection window.