• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Burger Kitchen at LLW was kind of OK yesterday. Certainly much improved on last year.

Burger was hot, bun felt fresh, good amount of lettuce and tomato with cheese and sauces. Not a bad size for the adult burger, and a really very big for the kids one. Chips were chips not fries and pretty crisp and fluffy. Service with the screens quick and efficient; while the park wasn't at all busy everyone that was there piled in at one when it started raining and they coped well.

The weakest thing was the burger patty itself which had a strong whiff of the school canteen about it, and it was about £3 more expensive than it had any right to be even in a themepark setting, but overall not the disaster I'd expected based on previous experiences.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Burger Kitchen at LLW was kind of OK yesterday. Certainly much improved on last year.

Burger was hot, bun felt fresh, good amount of lettuce and tomato with cheese and sauces. Not a bad size for the adult burger, and a really very big for the kids one. Chips were chips not fries and pretty crisp and fluffy. Service with the screens quick and efficient; while the park wasn't at all busy everyone that was there piled in at one when it started raining and they coped well.

The weakest thing was the burger patty itself which had a strong whiff of the school canteen about it, and it was about £3 more expensive than it had any right to be even in a themepark setting, but overall not the disaster I'd expected based on previous experiences.
Now I’m not saying you’re lying but I really wish I could believe you at how good it was. I’ve seen the reviews and pictures over the years and IMO it hasn’t improved since my last one about 8 years ago! I don’t think I’ll ever try them again, regardless of which park I’m at. Maybe you had a good experience because it was Legoland?

Now I’m not saying you’re lying but I really wish I could believe you at how good it was.

I only went for 'kind of OK', I wasn't exactly holding it up as any kind of greatness! 🤣

My guess is the new season has bought with it some changes, because last year Burger Kitchen was basically inedible, and now it's not. This improvement comes from a place that could barely have got any worse.

As for it being at Lego, I'd assume now it's outside sourced the standards and offer will be pretty consistent across the country, but who knows? Have to wait for someone else here brave/stupid enough to try it elsewhere amd tell us...

I'm surprised that one of the clickbait vloggers hasn't done a vlog about it already. 'I ate a Burger Kitchen BURGER but did I DIE?!?!!' *(AT logo in corner, big picture of a burger, big cutout of their face with open mouth shocked expression with a bit of burger hanging out).

God pal. You commented before I even had chance to edit that in

It was great! Jammy in the middle too!

Sent from my Doro Phone using Tapatalk
Certainly looks nice, although probably a bit too sweet for my liking. Expensive though I bet too?

Yes dear!

What size cup is that out of curiosity and assume it was a push button machine that dispensed it ?

To be clear, yesterday was the first time my Flat White was good from Coffee Lounge. They attempted latte art.

Last season even the cup size was wrong.

The cake was great, too!

20230325_104930.jpg
What was the art? Looks a bit abstract and modern for my taste!

One thing I noticed at BK was that there was a button at the bottom of the touchscreen saying “discount” it comes up with Merlin 20% off which you press but I didn’t need to scan my pass or anything so in theory anyone could use that discount pass holder or not.

From TS Facebook, I hadn't noticed that the Freestyle machines don't dispense free water anymore.

From: https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?story_fbid=202146229112241&id=100079505948906

Would assume the kiosks will fill bottles up like they did before the Freestyle machines were introduced. The water dispenser is a good start but more are needed.

The first season of the Freestyle machines dispensed water then last season (I think) they stopped. Was a bugbear of mine and it did annoy me as there was no need that I could see to stop offering it in the machines.

If this new dispenser is the first of many then I'm pleased.

I find it very odd that they've only installed one of these machines. I mean, it's an improvement on last season when the only option was to ask F&B staff to fill up your bottle for you, but you'd have thought management would prioritise self-service options (even if occasionally a paying customer had to wait a minute or so) over the paid staff having to hold up a queue of people waiting to pay for F&B to fill your free bottle up for free from the back room...