• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage: The Aramark Era begins

Just looked at an advert for an F&B host for Scarefest, and I was appalled but not at all surprised at what I read.

"Attractive", i.e the legally mandated minimum wage? Absolute scum of the earth.

It gets worse...
  • Showcase your style with a complimentary uniform.
  • Build camaraderie with fellow team members through engaging social activities.
Never have I seen having a work uniform as a work benefit. This is genuinely terrible and just screams "we are a low-quality employer". Clearly aimed at school leavers who know nothing about the job market whilst acting as an active deterrent to anyone else.

Am I right in saying that by £10.42 per hour being “contingent on your age”, they mean that younger people are paid less than the wage listed?

The minimum wage is higher than I thought, though; for some reason, I thought it was only £9 per hour.

The prices are exorbitant.

£13 is £8.21 more than the McDonald's equivalent.
although about £5 more than Burger King (£8.29 for a whopper meal) which is what Burger Kitchen seemed to be setting their menu prices against as BurgerKing had the franchise before AT took it back in house.
£13 is still extortionately overpriced though, but up to £10 would be what I expect now.

We’re going for fireworks on the Friday this year but there’s no chance I’m paying for two meals on park at these prices.

Where to people tend to picnic during fireworks? During the summer we use the lawns and the benches on them, but that’s obviously not really doable during fireworks.

We would’ve previously had a decent sit down lunch followed by a snack from BK before fireworks, but at these prices, those days are gone. My local does a cheeseburger and fries with onion rings for £12.50, and I live in a very touristy part of rural Devon. And it’s served on a plate, with cutlery, using decent meat from a local butchers. £13 for a crappy fast food burger is completely obscene.

We’re going for fireworks on the Friday this year but there’s no chance I’m paying for two meals on park at these prices.

Where to people tend to picnic during fireworks? During the summer we use the lawns and the benches on them, but that’s obviously not really doable during fireworks.

We would’ve previously had a decent sit down lunch followed by a snack from BK before fireworks, but at these prices, those days are gone. My local does a cheeseburger and fries with onion rings for £12.50, and I live in a very touristy part of rural Devon. And it’s served on a plate, with cutlery, using decent meat from a local butchers. £13 for a crappy fast food burger is completely obscene.

To be honest previously the expensive vans they bring for fireworks were never worth it but this year a pork sandwich from one of those stands is probably similar price than the main outlets and better food.

I guess, wherever? I've eaten sandwiches in the queue lines on fireworks weekends!

The tables in the courtyard at mutiny bay are your best bet, they usually have the bar open but people bringing their own food is normal.

Went to RCR today, after having actually a decent meal back in July. What an absolute downgrade. A menu half the size, cold mac and cheese bites, burnt and dry burger, and limp undercooked chips.

The quality of the food tasted considerably cheaper than it did literally two months ago, as the burger tasted like something you'd get out of a van on the side of a dual carriageway. One can only assume that they're just ordering what they get the best deal on on via Breaks or Bidfoods (whatever they're using now). No consistency whatsoever.

Last edited:
It sounds like they have struck a good deal with the local sawmill for “meat” products. I am not looking forward to my scarefest trip next month (staying overnight in Splash).

• Haha
Reactions: Tom
I have the opposite to report (sort of).... based on a sample size of one menu item and two visits. Chicken strips/tenders/mini fillets/whatever you want to call them, with chips. Start of the season the chicken was obviously the cheapest frozen they could find, chips were nice. Now they have rebranded them as "premium chicken tenders", they are much nicer (although still obviously frozen). Chips remain the same, nice.
However... as much improved as it may be, £12.50 before discount. Compare to BPB the equivalent is £7.95 (before discount), the BPB version is fresh chicken, dipped into the coating and fried on site, vs frozen pre-prepared at Towers, so it's much nicer. I prefer the Aramark chips though.

It sounds like they have struck a good deal with the local sawmill for “meat” products. I am not looking forward to my scarefest trip next month (staying overnight in Splash).
I had breakfast in Flambos on Sunday, and I have to say it was perfectly fine. Fresh scrambled egg had just been put out so the spoonful I got wasn't too watery. Only other niggles was that the bacon was a bit dry and tough - but it was the last of the rashers in the tray and the sausages while quite salty, but did have some taste to them. Overall, I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Any recent reports on RCR? I’m staying in the hotel the night of the half marathon and wondering if we should go here (never been) or stick with Secret Garden.

The food from experience is generally rubbish quality and ludicrously priced even for Merlin (not uncommon to see £20+ for a burger). It is solely a case of whether you want the novelty of food flying above you (which is seriously cool especially if you have children). My advice is if you are able to go to another Foodloop at some point (e.g. Europa Park) then don't bother with Towers, if this is not possible then it's really your call based on your budget (if you have a gold/platinum MAP that will soften the blow) and who you're going with.

Any recent reports on RCR? I’m staying in the hotel the night of the half marathon and wondering if we should go here (never been) or stick with Secret Garden.
I don't think it'll be open anyway. I'm also staying that weekend and was unable to book RCR for any of the days we are there.